Imagine Dragons - Battle Cry: Transformers 4 Age Of Extinction Theme Song Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just listened to it, and I quite like it! I look forward to hearing it in the movie! :) 

2. ComfyDeathshot

ComfyDeathshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The chorus and main verse sound like they are from two different songs. It's still pretty good, nothing awful.

3. Unicrons Herald

Unicrons Herald Chaos Bringer

Now that is a nice song. :) 

4. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Bit off Topic but I still chuckle when I hear Princess Leia's theme in Home Alone...

That is a little out of place - all be it's amusing.

----------

I listened to Iridescent again before posting... It's "OK" reminds me a bit of late 90's Music though. I agree the Drum section towards the end is a bit lame. (It does indeed sound tacked on). If I was listening to the Album I'd probably skip that song though - I would let the other 2 play through more than likely and I'd probably let the 1st two play too.

This Genre sounds a bit wishy washy to me like it does not know what it is it's like some 80's Bonjovi Ballard crossed with a garage rock band - so it's never been a style I've really bought into much myself. Looks like the sort of music self harmers listen too.

I'm Sure if I was 17 now - I'd love that sort of stuff - but I likely find a teeny bit more merit in twee 80's Heavy Metal like Iron Maiden ( But I like overly complex but kind pretty guitar solos over raucus ones with lots of feedback and shouting you can't understand what they are saying some of the time.. so I get why someone would want to merge pop vocal styles with a slightly light metal guitar sound sort of Metallic for Romantics if you like... It's just not my genre of choice usually.
    I don't mind if a song takes ages getting going I can think of a few Maiden songs like that from the "Unfashionable era"

5. DrLee

DrLee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure about this TBH... For me, it feels like the music and the lyric's are two different song's mashed together. Doesn't quite work for me.

6. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

Can't wait to hear the whole thing when it's available in the US or someone posts the whole song on youtube. I want to hear it through before I buy it.

Also hoping they put out a music video for the song with new clips like Linkin Park did for DOTM.

7. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 Mirage's Porsche mode is proof he's the best spy

News Credits:
    Just heard it. Not too shabby. Definitely not what I expected

8. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    Just downloaded it! Absolutely epic!!!

It's going to fit the darker tone of the movie perfectly, Can't wait to see it onthe big screen!

9. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Sounds alright. Nothing spectacular like Radioactive was, but definitely not bad. I like it better than What I've Done, for sure.

10. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Gets going at about 1:40 then I like it.

I can see the "Music Cues" in it that would work quite well if sucked out and messed about with in a stevie track - that would side step the sillier vocals too.

Is the song just 4 mins or so them - it sounds like there should be more and it just sort of stops (symbolism of desolation I suppose).

But anyway the slight iffyness of bits of the song aside - I can see the merit of elements of it - sort of like how Tron Legacy's music fitted it so well.

However the song on it's own is a wee bit "sily" especially the out of tune background chanting about 10 seconds before it finishes.

So like 'Iridescent' that's one to skip over or skip to the good bits at least.

Oddly I don't think it's a very commercial song. two slow to start and the same lyrics over and over (even by modern standards it becomes more of a chant than a battle cry).

I may sound like i'm being harsh but it does have some merit... Bay referenced their tracks 'Demons' and Radioactive- are they better songs I wonder (I'll go check)?

Since I'd never even heard of them until the AOE tie in.

[EDIT]

You know How I just said I thought their song sounded a little silly (puts on Joker "Not sure if serious face" That radioactive song video is BIZARRE ! (slightly amusing - but darn bizarre - so not a band that wants to be taken seriously then I suspect)

11. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I don't think that's it. Honestly, I've been a casual fan of Imagine Dragons since even before Radioactive got really popular, and my favorite songs of theirs have always been the calmer, less intense songs they make. If you can, listen to a song called "Tokyo" by Imagine Dragons. That's one of my personal favorites, and a lot of their songs sound a lot closer to that than tracks like radioactive and battle cry, which sound a bit more intense overall. All of that is just my opinion, though.

12. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    It's on YouTube but it's the unofficial audio-only version.It's cool,quite awesome

13. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    It's......okay. Definitely the worst of the 4 IMO.

14. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Definitive Opinion

!! Has nobody noticed the slow intro is a slow hummed version of the original transformers theme?

15. EpicTransformer

EpicTransformer The Quiet One...

News Credits:
    The vocals on some of slow parts just seem too raspy to me. But other than that I really like it. I probably looked pretty stupid jamming out waving my arm in the air like I had a sword in my hand :lol 

16. Unicrons Herald

Unicrons Herald Chaos Bringer

It's taken down from Youtube now.

17. BooyakaDragon

News Credits:
    If the whole song was the upbeat part in the final 1 and a half minute, I think it would be one of the better songs they've done, but the first 2-3 minutes is so dull and boring.

18. BooyakaDragon

News Credits:
    Anyone else think this would be a Muse song? Sounds like one lol.

19. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Now we know why the announcement video is only a couple of minutes - it's because the first 1:40 of it isn't really saleable for an action scene.

They might use the quiet stuff for other music queues though.

If they did use a slowed down version of the Transformers theme then that gives someone else for that poor woman who wrote it to sue then for abusing her rights. I can't hear it in the personally though.
    ----

It's really good about 2:10 then it goes a little odd about 2:40 with some very off-key #whooo whooo whooo# singing. Then it's good again at about 3:30 until it stops again 20 seconds later with more off key 8 year olds making ghosty noises in the background.. Then it sort runs out of steam and gives up.

There's about 40 seconds of it I like a lot though - the bits with out the woo wooo woo mainly.

[Sorry if I sound like Spoony sometimes]

20. soundwaveprimus

soundwaveprimus Well-Known Member

The bit from the trailer was the only good part.
    Actually, a lot of it is. The stuff with the TONE from the trailer was good.
    Message me if you want it.