Image of cancelled TFCC Sari Sumdac

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by AutobotMirage, Mar 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Well-Known Member

:cry 
    animated gets the shaft again :banghead: 

• Like Like x 1
  2. AspiringCreator

AspiringCreator Well-Known Member

I think while Primal and Sari look really good, we really dodged the bullet on that Megatron and while I know this may get me hate, I say this because I really wasn\'t that big of a fan of the Animated Grimlock mold which was just so clumsy and so seeing that it was cancelled, it makes me a bit happy.

But Sari and Primal? Man even though I wasn\'t a massive fan of Animated, that Sari just looks too awesome.

3. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This.... needs to be made. 

4. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

look at the bright side, we didn\'t get another use out of that god-awful Windblade mold, and how Ironic would that have been too? its two repaints would have been Animated Characters who never really get toys, the Slipstream is just... sad.

5. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

I think the RID Windblade would be a better choice for the Animated look if they decide to ever do this for Sari. Would eventually like to see it made, even if I would never buy it

6. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I let Steamshield know about this to see if he could work his magic. Hopefully he does.

7. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I was thinking that too, plus its a much better proportioned and a much more sturdy figure.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Well-Known Member

You kidding me? It looks like a cheap piece of crap, like most every RID figure.

In any case, I can't believe there hasn't been a proper third party Sari figure. Whether it's her teen or robot or child form, just nothing? Really?
    Except for that one thing that was really crappy. I ain't even gonna bother looking up a picture, it was pretty bad.

9. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Whilst I admit the Hasbro paint job is utterly terrible in every way (which is why I went Takara), the solidity of it wins out. There aren't any issues with standing her up or keeping the chest pegged together.

Also the base Hasbro face is a lot better, its just too bad it took a Takara paint job to fix it. RID has certainly gotten a lot better with the recent wave. In fact, and this may surprise a lot, I'd say its finally on par with the Generations figures. Took them long enough.

10. MartyFeeb

MartyFeeb Wait... it's a bug?!

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think you're right about that - I am overthinking it a bit! :lol  And like I said, which I'm sure we're all fully aware of, this is a retool. So concessions will be made. I think my lamentation is more about how she can't have her own mold (which is a pretty common complaint with these things, having nothing to do with FunPub's design). If anything, this entire thread conversation proves she's a good choice for a figure - it's really too bad they didn't include this in FSS5.0 That would've been neat. Hate it or love it, I would have enjoyed seeing her as part of the subscription set. :/

11. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I am heartbroken that this didn't happen.

My God I'd have loved that Animated BW Megatron @_@

12. Prime Wylde

Prime Wylde TRANSformer

News Credits:
    Now i wanna custom a legends class windblade into her for my daughters collection. Think i will.

13. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have to wonder if she'll eventually be redeemed, as a character, in the way Drift was. Remember when Drift was the totally insufferable Mary Sue???

That aside... I can't be the only one to want to see Wierd Al's head on the TFP Breakdown figure, right??? >_>

Know that Iron Factory Legends Windblade? While I wasn't overly interested in the figure... I'd totally buy it if it were retooled into a Sari Sumdac figure.

In fact... here's a very quick digibash.

quick sari digibash.jpg

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  14. avengerboy123

avengerboy123 Well-Known Member

This is just so upsetting.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Crazy like the Fox

The difference is Drift was hyped as being a 'Wolverine' type character that the fans would love, except when he was finally introduced he...didn't actually do much. Sure, he got the Spotlight and the mini-series and was a Wrecker out of flipping nowhere, but aside from some token one-against-horde bits he wasn't any more special than any other character. He was essentially a white elephant who had a lot of 'badass' traits given to him but while he didn't initially DO anything to deserve that, his lack of action also didn't have him do anything that would just make him come off as a mary sue type deus ex machina. His toy also was actually pretty damn cool because it's a unique design and kept the weapon gimmicks simple to just an adjustible latch on his back and colapsable large knives in the door scabbards.

Windblade being the definition of ultimate fanfic mary sue really isn't a surprise given she was the fan vote choice, so obviously she is simultaneously everything that the Autobots didn't have: a female black-and-red sword swinging seeker. But even then she's been kind of shoved down everybody's throats promimently (as opposed to how Drift did so little besides 'fight like a badass' occasionally that he was able to be remolded into an actual character with flaws and shit), given even MORE importance without any reason why in being a cityspeaker, shoved into at least two series she had no business being in without aesthetic resdesigns whatsoever (CW Machina and RID) which even Optimus Prime and Bumblebee are not forced to adhere to, and her toy is just a pile of fail with a fragile headpiece, uninspired robot mode beyond the warrior woman theme (which was NOT chosen by the fans), and overall has way too much high-profile presence in the franchise for any possibility of redemption. Hasbro simply needs to NOT force her into the forefront like with everything else for a while to let things cool down and then reset the character to be more organic and not so perfect. With Drift, he's not promiment enough that his existence can largely be overlooked in any form of the current media if you so wish. Windblade is shoved front and center in everything except the movies which even there it's only a matter of time - my pet theory is the only reason she isn't there yet is because she might actually have to DIE at some point like the original trilogy team and Hasbro won't allow that.

16. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So awesome. I want BW Megatron.

What a great idea for BotCon 2017. Animated Beast Wars.

17. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll come down on the opposite side and say that an Animated Botcon set minus the Animated aesthetic would not have been particularly appealing to me. The RID molds are juuuust passably Animated-ish enough that I might have been interested. But "DeAnimated"? Nah.

18. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    You mean these?

[​IMG]

Impossible Toys made them. And they're pretty awful.

But the reason there hasn't been any other attempts is probably A) The Animated community isn't big enough for 3Ps to want to get into making Animated characters right now, or B) None of the 3Ps feel that at this point in time they would not be able to do any better than the figurines Impossible Toys made.

19. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Everything Impossible Toys touches turns to shit.

20. Quaternion

Quaternion Gimbal Lock Resistant

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.