I'm surprised that people hated DOTM

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shizuka, May 27, 2014.

1. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Out of all the ones they have had I think the only joke that didn't belong was the masturbation line(s) from the first film...that wasn't just a quick joke you miss if you're little the joke sticks around for a while. I remember feeling awkward the first time I saw the film and there were about 6 8-10yr olds in front of me with a parent..it was kind of awkward...

Granted it's pg-13 but come on it's Transformers what 8-10yr old wouldn't beg to see this movie!

2. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In a sense, it is funny some of the stuff that bugs us these days.

During the first 30 minutes of the Goonies, the boys break a small statue of David, leading to a conversation with the following:

"Oh my, God! That's my Mom's most favorite piece!"

"Ya wouldn't be here if it wasn't!"

3. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought Wheelie humping Mikalas leg was fine, Wheelie was a cowardly (but then if you're his size you should be) brown-noser, he might have seen footage of things similar size to himself (dogs) doing this kind of thing and the things doing it are considered adorable, so he's just trying to ingratiate himself.

Wheelie is one of my fav characters from the movies because he actually has a character.

4. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I remember being in the theater with my best friend, who wasn't much of a Transformers, when Bumblebee pissed his oil all over Simmons. I had never before in my life been so embarrassed to be a fan of Transformers. It was one of the most awful cringe worthy moments that I have ever felt while watching a movie.

5. Enma

Enma Well-Known Member

where and when did that happen? :eek: 

6. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My problem with DOTM is this: The elite decepticons all died like bitches.

Soundwave should've beat the crap out of bee with his sound blasts and then bee (with help) should have beat him (Watch the "fight" and tell me how many times SW hits Bee)

Starscream should've fought with an autobot (or perhaps have a infight with another decepticon Like SS trying to kill megatron and getting killed by him) and have Sam help.

Shockwave should've been a tank in terms of his ability to take damage and he should have been attacked by all the autobots at once (possibly killing one of them?) with a damaged driller helping him. He would fight with lots of cannon fire and arm slicing (The scene with the soldiers in the building shooting him should've ended with him using his arm blade to leave a large gory mess, No parachute blindness either. He would've been killed by Optimus while he was wearing the jetpack armour.

Megatron should've had a big finale one on one fight with Optimus prime. A lot of back and forth banter and development. Megatron gets the advantage and has prime cornered (but not begging) until something causes him to be distracted (Dino grabbing him with hooks while invisible?) and allows Optimus to run his axe through megs stomach. Megatron isn't immediately dead and briefly taunts prime before bleeding out while laughing and choking on his own blood.

That how I would've liked it to be at least. The cybertronians were all like glass in terms of they're durability.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Totally.

8. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I enjoyed watching DOTM overall. But hated some aspects, like the fact that they made Wheeljack so ugly and to add insult to injury, changed his name to Que, then had him killed.

9. gamerdude627

gamerdude627 Superior to the Constructicons

Awesome!

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Proptimus Prime?

11. gamerdude627

gamerdude627 Superior to the Constructicons

:lol 

12. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dark of The Moon was great to watch in the theater in 3D IMAX, but it just is missing some appeal to me in re watch catagory. Honestly I like Revenge of the Fallen better. And, the first movie is still the best in the trilogy.

13. TheShockwave48

TheShockwave48 Kinda sorta artist

News Credits:
    I only dislike DOTM 'cause most of the Decepticon deaths felt cheap.

14. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    I know, I cant believe they put that in the film! but after the sex driven RoTF, I can see where bays taking the universe.

15. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    so, you think ugly modals, fart jokes, humping, dickbots, and girls panties belong in a Tf film!? it was like Robot chicken: transformers edition!

16. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I liked the movie. It's my favorite out of the three.
    I hate how poorly Megatron was handled, and Sentinel and the driller were a waste, but I enjoyed DOTM.

17. Bullslag

Bullslag Member

When I first watched DOTM, up to the highway chase scene, I felt like this was gonna be the best of the 3.
    After seeing how they handled the Decepticons in the Battle of Chicago, TF07 still feels superior to me, even with all the dirty humor.

18. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    you want dirty humor? go watch RoTF. a dirty joke every five minutes.

19. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DOTM is my favorite of the trilogy. It had the best action and struck a nice balance between the human element and the Transformers themselves.

There were still some flaws, as I wasn't a fan of the last scene with the parents (as it came off of the one two punch of Ironhide's death and the invasion of earth), "Deep Wang", the reasoning for keeping Optimus out of the final battle until the last 10 minutes, and they handled Mikaela's absence with a little less tact than I would have liked, especially after the story arc in ROTF.

Other than that, I loved it.

20. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    And more of Barricade.. :drool: 

:bowdown: