I'm Starting To Get Frustrated With Collecting TF Toys...Anyone Feel The Same?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Sep 1, 2008.

1. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, i kinda get frustrated too, coz there are so many good toys available and im low on money...but like its been mentioned above, priority is key...choose a line, and choose one that will have a long shelf line....ok, i couldve just quoted this from the guy who posted this in the first page lol...but seriously, its helping me...i decided to start off with the movie line (im new) and slowly finished that off (got the ones i wanted ONLY), then did the same with animated, then did the same with the classics (first 1.0/henkei) and now onto universe...

2. unicron_is_god

unicron_is_god Banned

Tired and fustrated of all the same animated and universe crap shelfwarming all the stores here....sunstreaker, prowl, etc....each store has 8 or 9 of each figure....and that is it....

Still looking for an acid storm.....

I mainly get a few now...i have gotten some off ebay before they released....The two target two packs and crankcase...i got an extra dirge since that mold is EXCELLENT in those colors....

The ones mainly i am interested in are the exclusives and TF movie exclusives that have been released...the new animated and universe series are mostly blah...sorry to say that but the repaints in those lines have been more exciting than the new molds....wingblade and recolored mudflap are neater than that piece of crap called galvatron or tankor.....ugh...

3. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I only get frustrated - and lethally pissed off - when I commit to & invest in a line that eventually screws up character sizes so badly that it messes up the entire display aesthetic (Animated Lugnut & Sentinel), gets bogged down with shitty repaints that substitute for new molds (Classics/Universe Devastator & Springer), leaves a ton of character gaps (Alternators Ironhide, Trailbreaker, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Ratchet & Red Alert), and/or worst of all, gets cancelled altogether (Alternators & War Within Titanium).

I wish Hasbro would just stick to a specified character & size template that spans all of their series, even at the expense of certain characters never being made so that we at least know in advance of what NOT to ever expect. I still rank the missing Autobot Alternators as my #1 disappointment of any TF line I've ever collected, followed closely by the lack of a TFA Leader Lugnut and whatever that sorry excuse of a Classics Constructicon set was.

4. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Stop worrying about how big your collection is compared to others... or if they have cooler stuff.

When I learned this I was able to part with things...

5. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think someone did "size matters not" joke already? Yeah? Sorry Cody, I just read your post without going through the thread :lol 

Don't worry, you'll catch up eventually. Also sometimes, if you wait a bit the initial excitement dies down and you can pick and choose better. Enjoy the toys you have :) 

That's what I'm telling to myself actually because my finance is tight as well :redface2: 

6. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Bingo...my problem is looking high and low in stores when stuff is out, and just can't seem to find it all. It's why I'm hitting up BBTS more often.