I'm going to Hawaii so come and tell me about it

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by llamatron, Mar 3, 2008.

1. gil

gil Godmaster

Okay, I'm pretty much copying what OmegaScourge said, but what to do in Hawaii?

Beaches: Definetly, Check them out. If your lucky, some stupid swell might come while your here and you'll get to see some monster waves. If you want calm clear waters to swim in, go to either Hanauma Bay or the Ko olina Resort. You'll have to pay to get into Hanauma, but that's the best snorkeling spot on the island. I'm pretty sure this is the place Pimpimus was talking about. (That driving distance from Honolulu threw me off, but by your stanards, EVERYTHING is driving distance. You can go completly around the island in less then a day.) About the locals getting crazy, I hate to admit it, but yeah, waves are precious, and some dumb asses don't know how to share. It's mostly real Hawaiians and their non hawaiian friends, who believe Hawaii was illegally taken from them. They're trying to get some land back, like how the Native Americans have their own land.

Food: You need to forget whatever diet your on because you need to eat. You need to try something of everything. Try a plate lunch. Basically a cheap plate with rice and something like Garlic Chicken, Loco Moco, Hamburger Steak, or Chicken Katsu. Hawaiian food like Kalua Pig, LauLau and Chicken Long Rice. There's also Filipino food, Vietnamese, Chinese, and well, everything. If you like Sushi, go to Genki Sushi. I love their Spicy Tuna Rolls. If your into fine dining......ask someone else, sorry, I only get to eat there on special occassions. Also, if you like McDonalds, do not go to the Waikiki or Ala Moana Shopping Center locations. Same food but they charge more. Go down the street to Ward or something. And McDonalds down here serve porchegese sasage, eggs, and rice, or spam, eggs, and rice, or both sasage and spam with eggs and rice, for breakfast. Hawaii loves their Spam.

Educational Stuff: There's the Polynesian Cultural Center. But if you go there, make sure it's practically for the whole day. You can learn about all the different islands in the pacific, like Tahiti and Samoa, and you can see Fire Dancing. Arizona Momorial was already mentioned, so definetly check that out. And while your there, might as well check out the Mighty Mo.

IF YOUR MARRIED,
    Shopping: Ala Moana Shopping Center, our biggest Mall. Also hit Pearlridge, and the Waikele Primium Outlets.

IF your not married,
    Strip Club: Exotic Nights......:eek:  (I haven't been there in years, but from what I remember:thumb  )

Oh yeah, go to the Swap Meet (Aloha Flea Market) on the Weekend. You can buy five shirts for $20. Whenever OmegaScourge comes home, he's buying new clothes there. Also, it's at the Aloha Stadium, you know where the Pro Bowl is played.

One thing you may want to keep in mind is that the traffic on this island is ******ed sometimes. If something goes wrong, you ain't getting home for hours. Also, the weather might be a bitch.

Hawaii......It's just home to me. Same Old, Same Old. I think it's more expensive for us living here to take a vacation off this rock, then it is for you to come here, except Vegas. At one point, it was cheaper to go to Vegas then it was to go from one island to another.

I'm not sure if it's still banned, but they banned bikers going there. To much of them getting run over. And a lot of bike rental places went out of buisness.

2. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    The chicks are hot.

Unless Baywatch Hawaii was just a big lie.