I'm giving up toy collecting.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by transtrekkie, Aug 23, 2021.

1. RamenJunkie

RamenJunkie Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    All these people saying "just shop online". Except that's become hell too. Everything goes out and often sells out in 2 minutes. Now your only choice is to support some asshole scalper selling everything at a 25-100% mark up. No thanks. Base MSRP is starting to get ridiculous on it's own as it is without adding some useless middleman.

• Like Like x 6
  2. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

Ooh, you found the cheaper scalpers, I see. Most of the Amazon exclusives were being sold for 250-1000% markups, $50-$200 deluxes in the case of Autobot Alliance and Paradron Medics. But that may be people buying their own auctions and otherwise colluding with online auction houses to inflate prices by injecting junk data into the price history index.

• Like Like x 2
  3. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Sometimes I feel like this. Space is an issue and I might need to rethink about the future. Aside from Transformers, I collect Marvel Legends, Cobi tanks and Mcfarlane 40k figures. I also got into diecast miniatures of military vehicles and I find that more relaxing.

Your reasons are very valid and mature and I hope you still stick around.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Seanprime

Seanprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I must be in the twilight zone because collecting has never been more easier than it is now for me. I simply preorder my figures and they show up. For regular retail price too. Everything does not sell out immediately

• Like Like x 1
  5. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Yes, but that also depends on what you collect versus what RamenJunkie collects. Some of the stuff you acquire may be easier to get by comparison.

• Like Like x 2
  6. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Appearantly these companies like Amazon, Target and whatever else I can think of at the moment pay Hasbro a shit ton of money so that certain toys can only be sold through them or some shit. Again it wouldn't be a fucking problem if there was a lot of of stock but at the same time it's still not fuckin right considering many of the to characters (especially the ones you mentioned) we're main characters.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Seanprime

News Credits:
    I mean I have exclusives I have regular release, I’d like to see that persons respond tho

8. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    Every once in a while, it’s always good to ask yourself- “Do I own my toys, or do the toys own me?”

• Like Like x 11
  9. Sunbow Prime

Sunbow Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Red Alert, Perceptor, Coronation Starscream, and Sweep sold out on Hasbro Pulse the same day I received the email about them. That was August 13.

10. Seanprime

News Credits:
    sooo just one website they sold out on. A quick google and Amazon search shows every single studio 86 figure you mentioned is still available to pre order on multiple websites. Amazon, BBTS, GameStop , entertainment earth. I could keep going. Soo no they don’t sell out immediately. Red alert isn’t even set to come out through Walgreens till October so all you missed was an early release. Feels like maybe you didn’t do enough research?

11. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

Everything seems to sell out faster in HasbroPulse than any other place, and more if it is an exclusive of theirs. Look at the Power Rangers Lightning Collection Mighty Morphin Tyrannosaurus Sentry, no other place I can get it.

12. Sunbow Prime

News Credits:
    Red Alert isn't on the Walgreens website, so I don't know where you are getting October from. "Easy" is not having to do research and put an order in as soon as you get an email so you don't miss it, even if it is just Hasbro Pulse.

13. Seanprime

News Credits:
    bruh you can’t just google a product you want?? I listed multiple websites they’re available on to preorder and you’re still complaining lol. I’m trying to help you out. It’s real easy to put on google a product you want then go to said website and order. Sounds like you only want to focus on one website which is a you problem not a distribution problem. It’s been reported on tfw that red alert is October which is where I got that from. You don’t even have to do anything right away because you can order them right now. So no it’s not as soon as toy get an email. It’s like you just want collecting to be harder than it needs to be

14. Sunbow Prime

News Credits:
    I'm not looking for your help, I already ordered what I wanted. It doesn't always work that way. I had two Amazon orders cancelled (Autobot Alliance and Paradron Medics). The largest retailer in the U.S. not being able to fill orders is not easy. Things selling out anywhere is not easy. I guess your definition of easy is just far different from mine.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Seanprime

News Credits:
    Again I listed more options than just Amazon. If something sells out on one website that doesn’t mean the product is now hard to get when it’s available on multiple other websites. It’s still available. You are the one who responded to what I said initially. If you’re expecting this stuff just to stay in stock no matter what then you’ll always have a hard time. You saying initially that stuff sold out on pulse immediately but not acknowledging they’re in stock at multiple other places is incredibly short sighted. I guess we do have different definitions

16. Sunbow Prime

News Credits:
    Those two I had cancelled were Amazon exclusives and then forever gone at retail by the time they were. That isn't easy. I know they are available for pre-order other places. That doesn't mean you will actually get them as we have learned.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Seanprime

News Credits:
    Guess I’ll continue to live in the twilight zone cause everything I order shows up lol. Also the initial figures you mentioned from Hasbro pulse can arrive from multiple places so are those hard to get? We can go back and forth on this clearly so I’m just gonna let this go. I’ve said all I want to say

18. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

My first experience with Walmart.com was having them cancel my orders a total of 8 times in a 2 day period because they were having trouble with their CC auth system and it kept spitting my order out about 30 minutes after I placed it. But I did get to talk on the phone with some kind Indian folks and we ended up getting it resolved with some kind of manual override. Still, that was a pretty awful experience, and matches up with what others have warned me about Walmart and Target.

As for Amazon, I've only ever bought in stock items from them. All my preorders are from Pulse and BBTS because time, experience, and anecdotes show that while slower by far on average, the items arrive.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Houndini

Houndini On hiatus until someone cleans up this cesspool…

Ah yes, the typical "well I have no problems, so stop complaining" non argument....

20. Seanprime

News Credits:
    ahh yes let’s ignore everything else I said and focus on this one thing. If you wanna discuss when can private message each other. I welcome a healthy debate but otherwise I said what I had to say.