I'm drunk and from leak squad, I quit it and here it is on a throwaway

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by wreckgar39, Dec 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    We have no idea thusfar

• Like Like x 3
  2. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Not sure if that was meant to quote anyone or not, but I agree with this. If this weren't the case, it would've been much sloppier and terrible IMO, reinforcing my point on the previous page.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Do you have sales data to back up this notion that Hasbro going full Beast Wars entirely would have been a profitable venture?

If Beast Wars doesn't sell well now in a line that's mostly beasts with G1 support filling it out, why would a company interested in making money go and vomit out a bunch of toys that don't sell simply to please a small subset of people who remember a show from the mid-to-late 90s? Hell, this is literally the given reason from one of the conventions when asked why Stinger, pretty much one of the main villains from AoE, was noticeably absent from the toyline - "we thought nobody would want a toy of him".

Kingdom is the potential beginning of more beast presence in future lines, to avoid the absence that's happened previously. But beasts have to prove they still have sales potential to hold up an entire line.

And Beast wars isn't that different. Maximals and Predacons, whoop de do, even though the show straight up points out that they're simply the descendants of the original factions - BW Megatron, despite being probably the best Megatron, is only named that specifically because he took the name from the Decepticon leader, and it's G1 Megatron's plan to go back in time and kill Optimus before 1984.

Weirdly, if you take off Blackjack, what really seems to be CW Motormaster's deal is he's some obtuse reference to AoE Galvatron, having a similar chest detailing in Menasor Torso mode (which is covered by Blackjack when attached) and being a largely gray clone of an Optimus Prime design.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Snakeguy

Snakeguy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This the first I', earing of Tarantulas being a voyager, wouldn't he be a deluxe scale-wise?

• Like Like x 6
  5. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Yes, unless he's Transmetal.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

You may be blue texting, but WFC-style Vehicons would be cool as hell. Imagine an in-scale Tankor!

• Like Like x 13
  7. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Unless it’s a deluxe packed with extra parts to make it a voyager pricepoint. A couple little PVC Spider Drones, maybe the device he used in The Probe with a little stand? There’s a lot you can give you a character as important to the story as he was.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    actually the 10th anniversary had two original molds for Primal and Megs but they were so compromised to fit the UT's biomechanical animals aesthetic (seeing as designers weren't even sure of the figures would get their own BW subline release) that the end result was a Primal figure that barely looked like him in robot mode and a horrid deformed ape in beast mode, and a megatron that actually wasn't that bad. only issue was both were deluxes.

the 10th anniversary didnt sell well because the new molds weren't that good, not because BW fans weren't numerable enough.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I misremembered, sorry. I thought I heard something about his scale, guess not. Edited that out

10. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    They would try to make it look like the show - which wouldn't look all that great, to be honest. Base the Vehicons off the toys and I might have more interested.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Moos Crew

Moos Crew I make stuff

Some people were like Me, I didn't buy toys at that time in my life because I didn't have the disposable income to buy and didn't shop the toy isle that much, I didn't know any other highschoolers that crused the toy isles.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Gaigaan Dnok

Gaigaan Dnok King of Daikaiju

Then you were clearly hanging out with the wrong people. ;) 

• Like Like x 17
  13. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    If the transformation is more complex like SS Hot Rod they'd have to up the price point. Could work as an exclusive where they're not locked in to $30.

• Like Like x 1
  14. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    The twins were hilarious characters and had more character than any other onscreen TF. Especially loved the "ninja" scene and calling Leo a p***y.

Even after I'm told I'm supposed to be offended at them and outraged, I still dig them.

"Mean robots suck". How can you not like them? It's just too bad they won't get SS updates. The ice cream truck would be cool... despite he obious need for a reprolabel saying "suck my popsicle".

• Like Like x 7
  15. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    I just think of them as the movie equivalent of the Minibots, which all had varying levels of weirdness and attitude.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    They were really bad. I am sure the intention might have been pure, but the execution was just TERRIBLE. Worse, most embarrassing thing to come out of this franchise.

17. Beauman

Beauman Prisencolinensinainciusol. All right.

upload_2021-1-12_21-13-33.png
    Kiss Players Marissa goes tee-hee.

• Like Like x 20
  18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'd commit wire fraud for a decent lineup of the first four Maximals and Vehicons. (counting Megatron) The other characters would be nice, especially Botanica and Obsidian/Strika, but I always wanted that core lineup.

But BM's cast was so small it honestly wouldn't be much work at all to get everyone made. (only fourteen unique toys for the entire show)

• Like Like x 9
  19. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eh. It's not as bad as Arcee taking cyber-estrogen out of nowhere or Bumblebee urinating on people.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Can’t argue with that!
    Okay Skidz and Mudflap are slightly better than Kiss Player, a line famous for its provocative depiction of under aged girls.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.