I'm Confused about this Trilogy

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Philip164, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    In TF1 Megatron Follows The Cube To Earth

In TF2 Megatron is revealed to work for the Fallen

In TF3 Megatron made a Deal with Sentinel

1. So timeline wise Megatron would had to be recruited by the Fallen first. Megatron would have had to had struck a deal Sentinel maybe without the Fallen's knowledge to save Cybertron and possibly kill the Fallen for Megatron. So The Fallen probably is responsible for almost Killing Sentinel and destroying the Pillars. Because Sentinel is thought to be Dead Megatron... is loyal to The Fallen. There's no Mistake Sentinel takes orders from no one, so the second he found out about The Fallen he would have killed him. So the war continued and then the Allspark is sent away, and Megatron pursues it alone without The Fallen. Was Megatron Loyal to The Fallen? Did Sentinel know of The Fallen; and if so was it part of the deal that Sentinel Kill The Fallen? Was Megatron going to kill Sentinel or The Fallen after there fight with each other, while they where weak? What was Megatron "plan B" when Sentinel was lost, just stay loyal to The Fallen until another opportunity?

2. Why did The Fallen want Earth in particular destroyed, Why did the Ark land on Earth's Moon, Why did the Allspark lank on Earth?

^ I know there are a lot of little plot-holes, but these two bug me the most

2. LesterX

LesterX Banned

Sadly, the only real answer is terrible writing

3. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Time-Line

This does a pretty good job of putting it all together: Movie timeline - Transformers Wiki

Yes, yes, I know you shouldn't have to rely on the comics and such, but nonetheless it does put it all together nicely. Basically, Megatron was working for both the Fallen and Sentinel, although neither knew of the other.

4. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    If they, and they needed to reboot the Movie Franchise. They need to write a story Bible first. But personally I'm sticking with TFPrime because they thought out things ahead insted writting into a corner in each movie.

TF1 Megatron Dies after atempting to recover the MacGuffin that happens to be on Earth.
    TF2 Megatron is Resurrected and is in league or working for the Fallen to Locate the different MacGuffin on EARTH.
    TF3 The Ark, Sentinel Prime, and EARTH... WTF (^read my first post)

TF4 why the **** is Earth Cybertrons trash bin?

5. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    ^ That make sense, and I agree with you, people shouldn't need to do research to understand WTF is going on.

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Thing is, I don't think Bay and the writers really planned things out in advance for making sequels to the first movie, hence why things don't seem to make all that sense in the movie trilogy.

But yes, I sure hope that when there's a reboot, great care is made in writing things out in advance so that things make a lot more sense.

7. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Basically, this “trilogy” isn’t really a trilogy at all. Each film was written with no real thought for what came before it. With the exception of a very stringy strand, there isn’t really an arch, which is something that is usually found in all trilogies. A shame. I do think DOTM has the strongest story of the three, though, as well as the most engaging. If you haven’t, though, I do recommend you reading the link I provided. It actually makes the films make more sense than the films do themselves.

If a second trilogy is to be undertaken I just hope they put more thought into the construction of the story(s). Like what they did with Pirates 2 and 3. Basically, I hope there is some sort of arch, with the films themselves still being independent.

8. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I wrote this in another thread:

The Sun Harvester was originally going to be used before the events of DOTM. The Fallen was stopped by the other Primes. Then at some point, Megatron forms his plan with Sentinel. The plan gets messed up, but Megatron ends up on Earth before he realizes the Sentinel plan failed. In my opinion - He probably knew of Earth due to the Fallen having been there before. He probably detected the All Spark right before he crashed.

When he wakes up, he remembers the All Spark is there, and reacquiring that becomes the priority. That fails, and Megatron is put into a "coma" from the All Spark overload. When he is revived, he returns to the Fallen, unsure of what to do now that the All Spark is destroyed. The Fallen catches him up to speed on the Sun Harvester plan, which Megatron readily agrees to because it will also destroy the Earth, which Megatron obviously wants to happen as well.

That plan eventually fails too, at which point the Sentinel plan is put into place.

9. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Call the next movie, TRANSFORMERS: MACGUFFIN and have Prime just go nuts and Bumblebee not talk...again.

10. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

It seems chasing the Allspark alone was hardly a plan right? And Megatron being Number 2 to the Fallen doesn't fit him right? Nobody commands the Decepticons but him right?

Thing is Megatron had a Plan. But it all went to The Pit thanks to Luck or Fate.

It all fits!

For one thing Megatron knew where the Allspark is going to crash because Sentinel Prime told him as he defected.
    [​IMG]

The Ark with its sophisticated sensors knew where it was headed. Megatron went ahead to take it. Or Sentinel arranged its trajectory towards Earth.

But wait what about the Fallen and Sentinel Prime? The Fallen wanted every bot named Prime dead. Here's the thing Megatron had Sentinel Prime's death faked!

Megatron wanted to use Sentinel Prime to kill the Fallen. Consolidate his leadership on both factions by killing the Decepticon founder and having support of the Autobot founder.

They were supposed to rendezvous on Earth but Megatron got iced. Unfortunately the Space Bridge used after the escape malfunctioned brought the Ark at the wrong time or space. Or the Ark was too damaged to make it in time.

With Sentinel in stasis he never got a wake up call and the Ark eventually plowed on the moon.

Soundwave and Laserbeak who were in the know of Megatron's plan hid a sizable army on the moon keeping it secret from the Fallen and Starscream. This fleet were reported as looking for the Allspark elsewhere in the galaxy. Organized raiding the Ark of the Space Bridge pillars on the Moon and waited for Megatron's return setting up human agents around Earth.

The Seekers have been trying to look for the Matrix. Its so hush-hush secret the Autobots did not know about it. But Wheelie knows... And he worked for Soundwave.

Jetfire believe the Fallen was an bunghole that abandoned them. What if Soundwave did a little "creative accounting" of his own. These guys are listed off as dead. Hampering their efforts. And having little spies like Wheelie track them down so they wouldn't get in the way of the plan.

Come TF1 the Allspark was destroyed. ROTF Megatron went for the Fallen's Sun Harvester plan for Energon. That didn't work. During or after ROTF Soundwave appraises Megatron of what he has accomplished. Enter plan in DOTM.

11. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. You have to remember when they write the first one, they don't know if their will be demand for a next one. Once the first one is successful then you can plan the next two.

12. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ THIS.

Shouldn't need to read a bunch of extra material to even try and string the plots together...

And in the end... does it really matter? TF movies haven't been successful because the first movie set the prescedent of effective writing... and the rest show strong plots as well... NOT AT ALL.

All three movies have been about BLOWING SH-- UP. The last one in particular making even crazier cinematics... and putting it on 3D.

Granted, there was finally a somewhat coherent plot... as long as you completely disregard all previous movie plots... and just think Bots = Good, Cons = Evil.

13. jon5000

jon5000 Tea-Drinker

I think it's great a lot of committed fans are trying to patch things up in terms of continuity, very creatively, but the reality is it does come down to Michael Bay and his disregard of good writing.

I don't blame the writers here. If you watch the first film, it almost comes across as Shakespeare compared to the third. I blame Michael Bay, the more control he got in the franchise the worse the films became. No coincidence. He had Spielberg on hand to point him in the right direction the first time round.

14. Jazz1979

Jazz1979 Well-Known Member

and directing!

15. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

To me its like this, its really simple actually:

The deal with sentinel was the original plan, plan A. That plan fell apart when the ark crashed with sentinel in it. So megatron was going to go after the all-spark a on earth, plan B. He crashed and was frozen there until the events in tftm where the whole all-spark plan was ruined by sam, and so the events in rotf unfolded, now plan C. After rotf the decepticons' only hope was to lure optimus into reviving sentinel with his matrix, a now subplot of plan A.

You're welcome

16. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Put plan A and plan B together Megatron explicitly said they were to meet on Earth until fate waylaid them both.

17. MindChamber

MindChamber Multi-Media-Masta

if thats the case what was the reasoning for writing the second two into separate stories that don't realistically connect?

18. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

NOT my comic, but I thought it was funny :D 

19. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    It takes substantial liberties with the events of the movies, but yeah, funny.

Again, for the confused:

The SENTINEL Plan was Megatron's, and existed first (as far as Megatron goes). The plan got waylaid due to Megatron's crash and the Ark incident. Once he's revived the first time, Megatron makes getting the All Spark his new priority because of it's importance to the Transformer race. He gets knocked out again, and the All Spark is destroyed.

Without the All Spark, the creator of life for the Transformers, Megatron doesn't know what to do, so he returns to his master, The Fallen, who catches him up to speed on THE FALLEN'S SUN HARVESTER Plan. This now becomes Megatron's priority, and immediately takes precedence over the SENTINEL Plan that Megatron had originally conceived.

Megatron never had a SUN HARVESTER Plan. It was THE FALLEN's. The Fallen was putting that plan into place several thousand years before Megatron's SENTINEL Plan.

Once that plan is wrecked, Megatron switches to the SENTINEL Plan. He didn't need to worry about using the Matrix to revive Sentinel before this point, because it was going to be used for a more important purpose (activating the Sun Harvester). Once the Sun Harvester was used, there would no longer be a need to activate Sentinel Prime, because that plan was no longer needed.

So basically it was this: Megatron has Plan A. Plan A gets sidetracked, but Megatron accidentally stumbles across Plan B. Plan B has greater reward, but it fails. Megatron seeks advice, learns of Plan C. Plan C fails, but through happenstance, Plan A can now be carried out.

20. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, but how does Megatron know the matrix can revive sentinel? Or is that one of those stumbled upon things megatron didn't originally plan.