Illinois Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Static Prime, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Moderator

News Credits:
    Interesting. So someone just bought clunker Bee. Didn’t care for ether short packed figure so I guess it all works out.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cracka J

Cracka J TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    59/19 target had ss leader megs and jetfire, I grabbed the megs left jetfire if anyone is looking

3. haunted-one

haunted-one Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So it begins.... almost picked up the shockwave .

Attached Files:

4. josh5837

josh5837 BC

Take it up front and let them know its the wrong product

• Like Like x 1
  5. Reflector Prime

Reflector Prime Well-Known Member

God that stuff drives me crazy. Who the hell is so hardpoor that they need to do this?

6. Wreckgar

News Credits:
    Someone saw that Shockwave a few weeks back. Seriously, those people are worse than downright thieves. Honestly just grow a pair and try walking out without paying instead of doing this crap. At least with sealing you aren’t hurting another customer

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kaijufan95

Kaijufan95 Well-Known Member

What’s worse is when the workers don’t even seem to care. Because I told them that they can’t sell it like that because that’s a $14 toy in a $50 toys packaging, and even though they put it behind them, about a week later, I saw it on the damn shelf! Like WTF, did you not f*cking hear what I said, lady you can’t sell that in that condition.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Predaking1973

Predaking1973 Well-Known Member

Fight for $15!!!

9. haunted-one

haunted-one Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I brought both items to the stores attentions but one was put back on the shelves.... like most, they don’t care. Someone like my girlfriend didn’t even see what was wrong with shockwave at first either.....someone will lose out though.

10. Wreckgar

News Credits:
    Yea, its going to be some unsuspecting grandma or parent that doesn't notice until little Billy opens it and sees that it isn't the same

11. toboggan

toboggan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It always makes me wonder, how empty does your life have to be in order to do this kind of thing? Not even a matter of rich/poor, but what does your mindset and personality have to be like?

12. dojatron

dojatron Highly Refined Pirate

Honestly, most people/employees do not care unless you're literally taking money out of their pocket. No one cares for company money like the actual business owner, because that is money that is literally money coming out of their pocket.

I can honestly say that if I see this repacking at stores, no way in hell am I going to waste 15-20 minutes of my time bringing it to the customer service desk trying to explain the issue just to have it end up on the shelf 5 minutes after I leave (because as has been mentioned that is exactly what is going to happen). I'd say save yourselves the frustration. Now if I saw someone that looked like they were going to purchase a repacked toy I'd probably mention that they should reconsider their purchase. Let's also not blow this out of proportion, I think we all lose focus that these are only toys which we care about, but not many other people do. It's petty criminal behavior, but it's not like someone is going around putting crack cocaine in children's Tylenol or anything here...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wreckgar

News Credits:

I don't think anyone is blowing it out of proportion. It's just a dick move and personally I think of it like this. What if that toy is that kid's first Transformer or one they really wanted? It would be a really shitty experience.

14. Cracka J

Cracka J TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    its a dick move but not my personal or ethical obligation to resolve the issue. I might mention it if an employee is nearby but if I get the dumbfounded look, Im not wasting more than a minute of my time trying to get them to pull said toy.

the stores really need to be more responsible about what they accept back.

• Like Like x 1
  15. dojatron

dojatron Highly Refined Pirate

Guess I should have prefaced with IMO it's getting blown out of proportion. Oh, it's a dick move, full agreement there, however what is going around in circles on here going to accomplish when the stores don't care? Trust me if that's the worst thing that happens to that kid, he's pretty lucky. I try to keep it realistic as opposed to delving into these romanticized scenarios. In all honesty it's gonna play out like this, some guy living in his mom's basement is gonna find out he didn't pay attention at the store and got boned. Then he'll complain on here.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Predaking1973

Personally NEVER seen a kid pick up a Transformers toy at Target or Walmart in years! I go to at least 3 Targets and 2 Walmarts a week with my wife and 4 yr old daughter and all I see staring at the ML and Transformers sections are middle aged men like myself. 99% of male kids 10 yrs old or younger are hanging around the video game section.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Reflector Prime

Reflector Prime Well-Known Member

Quoted for truth. #funnyandsad

• Like Like x 1
  18. Predaking1973

Unfortunately kids today are just not interested in plastic robots or figs like back in the day. It is really sad to see a bunch of kids jammed up around a tv screen at the stores to play with non corporeal characters stabbing, shooting, amd killing each other for fun!!

19. Patrickab7

Patrickab7 Member

New member from the St. Louis area, have been hunting in my area in recent months. Any sightings of Ultra Class Slipstream? I have yet to see it, though it sounds like it's shortpacked so it might be tricky to find...

20. DanC

DanC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's a Bonecrusher at the Elston Target.