Illinois Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Static Prime, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    I'll be there but not sure what day/days. It's a matter of when I get off work

2. BHiga6181

BHiga6181 Constructicon

News Credits:
    I'll be there Sat. Got to get MP Prinal & Thrust.

Also looking for a Cynicus and heard they might do an early release of Carnifex there.

3. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Hey fellas. Myself and a couple friends are going to be heading down to the Kane County Toy Show in a couple weeks. Anyone have any advice for a bunch of first-timers? Thanks.

4. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

Have a list. Have reference material with you in regards to what is complete: aka something that shows all parts and pieces.

Know prices before you go in regards to items on your list.

Make a quick cruise thru checking for deals/wants/needs.

Do not be afraid to haggle. Do not be afraid to walk away. Do hangout if you find stuff you want but they won't budge on price they get a lot more willing to haggle when its pack up time.

It can be awesome on deals or finds or you might find nothing depending on your list, but it is always fun to go look at a minimum.

I probably will have to miss it this year since I work that weekend.

5. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Thanks for all the info.

I had planned on making some different lists. My big "want" is going to be old stuff from the 80's, and I'm really hoping to find like weapons and accessories for figures that I already have to complete them.

I do some toy shows myself so I know all about haggling. When I sell, I fully expect someone to ask for a deal. So if I see something down there at a price I'm not thrilled with I'll try to get a deal, and if they don't budge I'll just walk away.

I'm not familiar with the set up there. It's in multiple buildings isn't it?

6. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

Just know what you are looking for and know what price it goes for.

Usually 3-4 buildings, 2 are pretty damn big and outside vendor space sometimes as well depending on show weather/crowd factor.

Its worth to go to, I would even go when I was broke and unemployed because I could afford to walk around and look.

Checking a calendar I think I am off that weekend, I'll be there if off for sure. Think I swapped dates in my head for a car show.

Oct. 23rd weekend I should be off of work(sucks trying to figure out days off without a calendar working a swing shift)

7. col

col Artobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kane County's Toy Show is the same weekend as TFCon Chicago.

8. MartyFeeb

MartyFeeb Wait... it's a bug?!

News Credits:
    Bring some walking shoes. Place is MASSIVE. Seriously. There are 4-5 warehouses to look through? I don't even know... I got through 2 before giving up... :lol  LOTS OF VENDORS, LOTS OF TOYS. Walk past any vintage metal junk and keep looking till you find actual action figures. I remember seeing stuff of 1920s-type junk and feeling very disheartened... until I walked some more and found more recent stuff! :lol  There's just a TON of vendors.

But unfortunately, I found the prices to be on the high side. :(  So definitely be prepared to walk away and keep looking. Dairycon had better prices for sure...

And speaking of which, you realize the timing? :lol  Kane County Toy Fair is literally on TFCon weekend! :eek:  I'm wondering if it might be better to just drive a little more to TFCon itself. I'm guessing the next Kane County Antique Toy Show will coincide with Dairycon in April... :rolleyes2 

9. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    A lot of the time, the show also coincides with C2E2. I don't know who plans these things but they need to pay attention

10. MartyFeeb

MartyFeeb Wait... it's a bug?!

News Credits:
    So I parked where I wrote "Parking", and then walked between some fields. The large building is the main area, and only the circled half had modern action figures. Then the other circled building next door was filled with action figure vendors (and comics, Hot Wheels, etc.). The other buildings in the pics also have some stuff (not sure what), so you'll have to explore. But I went last year, and those were my two stops! :lol 

They'll have mini maps when you get there, detailing which buildings have stuff - but not what they have. At least one building is for old dolls and such...

Assuming the next show in April doesn't coincide with Dairycon, I would seriously love to explore the whole show! :) 

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  11. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

Those bastards lol Now I know why I had my wires crossed!

12. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

C2E2 can keep their $20 parking fee's, $45 to walk in the door and famous assholes that make millions of dollars that accept cash and/or check for overpriced autographs.......................

I wish comics and shit never got "cool".

• Like Like x 1
  13. BHiga6181

BHiga6181 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Who's going to TFcon first thing Saturday morning?

I need a favor.

It's only Sat/Sun right?

14. BHiga6181

BHiga6181 Constructicon

News Credits:
    It's Friday too!

Yay! No favor needed I'll be able to go Friday

15. Wazdakka

Wazdakka Decepticon

Friday? I thought you could only buy tickets for Saturday and Sunday.

16. Autobot_Goldbug

Autobot_Goldbug The REAL Goldbug

News Credits:
    Wizard World is even worse than C2E2.

17. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

Last thing I went to was C2E2 a few years ago solo. Paid for parking, paid to get in, wandered around for 3 hrs and left.

Highlight was the dude with the Obnoxio the Clown from Metalocalypse.

I've not gone back since, not worth it for me.

18. gonzo23

gonzo23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Saw that and was wondering myself as it didn't offer for Friday tickets. That would be the only day I could go.

19. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Don't think tfcon will be much different. $20 a head to get in and the parking over in rosemont is expensive as hell too.

I'm really debating going at this point cause there's not really anything I want/need atm and outside of exclusives none of the etailer stores really offer any bartering, so $50-60 on the day just to look at stuff isn't sounding too appealing. Especially when TFW covers all that stuff and there will be plenty of pics here.

I did manage to get TR deluxe wave 2, so much better than deluxe wave 1 for me, like night and day. Very happy with all 4 of those, and makes me think they may actually be looking at the tolerances now before they package this stuff.
    Really cool toys. IMO probably some of the best since 2010 generations.

20. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

I've had a lot more fun at TFCon and BotCon last few times than anything to do with C2E2 :) 

It does cost money, but a lot less than the others.

Also lot more friends to hang out with since we all end up in one big chicago sightings block:)