I'll miss you 3rd Party Collection.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by GAUGE, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Take care of what really matters. No shame in that.

2. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Sorry to hear this Gauge, but you definitely made the right decision! That said, I'm sure all of us would, if we had to. I've been cutting back and selling a lot myself, too. It really all started when we began to have kids... We've been lucky in that it wasn't an emergency that brought it on, but sometimes something just clicks and makes you reexamine your priorities in life. :) 

Things will get better. And when they do, no doubt there will be better third party figures of all the characters you sold off, should you wish to return to the fold. ;) 

3. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Just wanted to say how humbled my wife and I feel right now, and how amazed and truly grateful and appreciative we both are for all of the love and support here in the thread. It truly truly means a whole lot to us.

And to all of you I hope things get better during the dark times as well.

it's kind of funny going into various threads and watching us get into heated debating and forcing our opinions on toys on eachother lol so much passion there, and then i come back here and it's like...just wow.

Transformers fans have some huge hearts. now, if somehow we could just show our feels in all the other threads more. :D 

4. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    heh. my 3p collection was tiny compared to many others I've seen featured here.

I was very very lucky to be able to own what I had.

but getting it all back will be challenging. lol

I even had to part with Cupola and Apollyon. 2 of my pride and joys. lol wish I could have played with them more. lol

I'll get it all back somehow...and very slowly. lol the Feralcons will also be a challenge. it took a lot of waiting to get them all. :D 

5. beigoma

beigoma Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

Hi Gauge and Scumbum :) 

I too had to cut back severly on toys and sell many to pay bills. For a while it made me sad but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Some of the toys I would've recently bought turned out to have major QC problems. I also realized that, with all of these 3P companies popping up, more and more awesome toys keep coming out.

Are you missing out on an awesome 3P toy you really want because you have no $? Chances are another company will be putting out an even better version within the next few years. I actually wish I'd been broke when TFC Devy came out so I wouldn't have bought it. That new Gravity Builder looks so much better!

It sounds like you two are a great team. I have no doubt you can dig yourselves out and dust yourselves off. Until then you can join those of us who are happy to just lurk and drool for now. :) 

6. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    I have to say that whilst I have not been in contact with your husband he is a well respected and much loved member of our little group of strange people! My wife was recently out of work for four months, it's tough but I'm sure you'll be back at it again in no time.

Gauge, sorry you had to take this step but between having toys and having a roof over your head, I can't see any other choice! Now since I'm unable to stay serious for too long...

Megan, sorry, sure you've seen it before but:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Hopefully she bounces back in the game soon enough . As far as the figures go , hey man , responsibility's always come first . You could always buy back your favorite figures when the time is right. Good luck to her !

8. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Will you be at least keeping some of your collection?

It's kind of nice, actually, refocusing your collection and figuring out exactly what's meaningful to you. Plus, smaller collections display better. :) 

9. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

The real positive here is your bad habit has resale value.

There are so many other bad habits that you can't get anything back for

10. GodParticle

GodParticle Well-Known Member

Sometimes I wonder what the point of buying all this stuff is. I mean, I really don't need it and a lot of it just sits on a shelf. I've started limiting to just the stuff I really like instead of having just for the sake of owning

11. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Very true.

12. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hear ya, and I'm actually going through this right now. It's like when will it ever end?

Sometimes the sheer amount of stuff on offer feels overwhelming, and there seems to be no end of 'better alternatives' coming out all the time.

Fortunately I'm not in any kind of financial trouble at the moment, but I always have that sneaking feeling that I should be spending my money on better things - or saving more.

The problem I have is that I'm an 'all or nothing' kind of guy. I can't be happy with one Dibot, I can't have only two of the MP Seekers...if I can't have them all, then I don't want any haha. It's a little bit of an issue on my part.

Not sure what to do really.

13. HnH

HnH MPM Moron

News Credits:
    hey hi welcome to the club ;-)

14. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

Giving up 3rd party isn't all doom and gloom. Official MP figures will still be made and released. You'll still get quality figures, just at Takara-Tomy/Hasbro's seemingly slow pace. Sometimes, it's not about reaching the destination, it's about the journey getting there.

15. DogFriedRice

DogFriedRice Well-Known Member

Do you walk past your shelf, look at your TFs and think "cool"? Then for that brief moment just before you continue with your life your display makes you happy? If the answer is yes then that is "the point of buying all this stuff".

16. barok

barok Well-Known Member

Gauge, I feel your pain. Only difference is I'm the one that lost my job 2 weeks ago after working 22 years with the company. It was already tough for me, my wife and 2 young ones to begin with, living paycheck to paycheck. And now, no more paycheck. A few years back I sold all my collection from misb Takara reissues, binaltechs and loose figures. Even sold feral Rex jus so I can get my wife iPhone 6 for her bday. Now, I'm only left with mp10, Apollyon and CW Devastator. Trying to find a new job is difficult esp after working for 22 yrs. Priorities first for now which is the family, never forget that. I know it's tough financially, life's challenges can be harsh sometimes but we will make it through.

17. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    This^^ After my usual 15hrs of work a day i get home, go right to my cave, take my boots off and look around. Hell yea! Busting my ass is worth it!

18. King Nergil

King Nergil Ruler of a lost kingdom

Sometimes I talk to my bots...:sly: 

19. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Its only when they answer you that you should worry ;) 

20. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    That's a pretty good, succinct answer to that. I can jive with it.

To the OP, I hope things work out for you soon. Luxuries like having a collection may seem frivolous to some, but if it wasn't important to us, I don't think any of us would be here discussing the topics we do.