IGN: Transformers: Worst Movie Moments

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Snake_eyes1975, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. Sinshen32

Sinshen32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I liked devastator. the bot not the balls!

3. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:

one part about frenzy i thought was twisted was how he just walked right out in the open from air force 1 and no one gave a single fuck! "are those guards blind??"

4. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    These guys have no imigination. But I am with them on the Devastator and Wheelie thing. I don't really care about Bumblebee "leaking" at all.

5. Sinshen32

Sinshen32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i ignore bots all the time. freaking PS3 bots a cheat! saw him messing around with that M.I.L.F NES chick bot. see if he gets into robot heaven now.

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    They bring a valid point to the table with 'Hard-to-ID Transformers'. Each design really ought to look more distinct from the others, to the point where you can readily identify a TF even in a confused, whirling fight.

Also, while Simmons was alright in ROTF, his behavior in the first film struck me as a tad too hokey.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm easy to suspend in a movie, but I always see that and think, "these guys peripheral vision must suck, because I know I would have seen that."

For example, I only recently noticed that Ironhide was hanging on one of the "legs" of the giant/wheeled Decepticon in the beginning of ROTF.

8. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey I thought the donut interrogation scene was great!
    "I ate the whole plate!"

9. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    me too. the first movie's humor was a bit better than the second's.

when i saw this, i immediately thought:"oh hell no, they've gone too far".

sure, it wasnt at the end, but that battle was epic!

10. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    Ditto.

"Don't talk to me criminal!"

11. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There are some decent points...but I'm really over IGN...I'm a pretty big gamer and I swear they purposely give good stuff shit reviews, and crap good reviews because one or the other developer is more....er...."friendly" to them.
    IGN lost all credibility with me with a few of thier recent reviews. They gave MK a pretty low score when it really is one of the most incredible fighting games made, and they took a shit on, and repeatedly smeared the new Duke Nukem game..which is an incredible homage to the first, and an absolute riot to play...I think they are all just fanboys of certain devs...

Anyway...some of this they got right...I guess...

12. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Yeah, that scene was actually funny. Anthony Anderson isn't the best actor, but he can be hilarious if his scene is written well enough.

As for Prime's death being anti-climactic.....I don't see it.

I knew it was gonna happen and I was STILL shocked by it when I saw it. It was one of the best moments in the best scene from RotF.

13. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Well, uh........well opinions are like snowflakes.....

14. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Every single thing pointed out in that article was spot on! 2 pages worth of stuff that ruins these movies. The plus is that although these movies DO SUCK, it shows how strong of a property the Transformers franchise is, and how it is a cash cow. Michael Bay should thankful.

15. Optibot

Optibot The boss

Yes they are very nintendo biase

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think they summed up my frustrations with Revenge of the Fallen rather nicely when they said

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, I would have thought they were Xbox bias, with every other link on their front page being a link to an Xbox game. They wail on Nintendo every chance they get. I'm surprised they didn't make as huge a deal about Nintendo getting hacked (since they lost credit card information). But I stopped going there a while back. I use other sites for my news.

Anyway back on topic. Transformers 1 had some genuine LOL moments. Glenn was one of them.

18. Force 21

Force 21 Well-Known Member

19. sharpy39

sharpy39 Sharpius Prime

News Credits:
  20. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Disagreed with some. Glenn was funny, Wheelie was funny (except when he humped Mikaela), Dispensor was obvious product placement was an absolutely hilarious one, Frenzy being a random boombox that goes unnoticed doesn't push suspension of disbelief that much (though the bit where he left Air Force 1 was BS), Allspark didn't bother me and Simmons never bothered me that much, aside from that ugly ass.

Agreed with the rest, though. I like the movie designs, but they could do with a bit of tidying up, and the camera is way too close to the action most of the time. Bumblebee pissing was stupid, juvenile and unnecessary. Skids and Mudflap should have stayed an ice cream truck as well as background comedy relief. Devastator was wasted and the wrecking balls were the cherry on the cake. What an utter waste of the talent at ILM, the man hours they put in and the many millions of dollars that it cost to put him on screen.

And ultimately, it was just completely unnecessary to have the Matrix fall apart. There was no point, it didn't resolve Sam's character arc, robot heaven was stupid (and I know that it was the Matrix itself that his mind communicated with), and they really should have just focused on him running to Optimus and stabbing him with it.

I can see where they're coming from with that. They could have done it a bit better then Optimus stumbling about, looking for Sam and getting ambushed. Going right from Grindor to Megatron for example, and have the latter kill him in an intense 1-on-1 fight. Then there's what came after, which would have given great character moments for the Autobots. It's obvious that he was always going to come back, but that doesn't mean that you can't build tension with it. :)