IGN: Transformers: Devastation interview with Greg Berger

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shizuka, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This game is so close to being the perfect game for my household . The one thing that keeps it from being perfect is the low count of playable characters . This game should have had like 30 playable characters not five

3. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

With a universe of so many characters loved by so many fans I can understand why this is a common opinion.

Still I'll take quality over quantity, which I hope is the case. If I had to guess Platinum would have liked to include more playable characters (look at Anarchy Reigns/Max Anarchy) however Activision is known for cutting/low budgets, especially on licensed games (look how they handled poor High Moon). Hopefully if the game is fun and sells well we'll get something more down the line.

4. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Give me Prowl and Ironhide DLC and it will be perfection :D 

5. fendetto

fendetto Well-Known Member

its like dynasty warrior,god ofwar ,devil may cry style battle which is fun...

6. Sludge

Sludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Give me Jazz and I'll never leave the house.

7. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This might sound like a really petty gripe, but I'd kind of like to see more gunplay...

8. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Give me the other Dinobots and i will literally lock my door and never leave.

9. luks0r

luks0r Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  10. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I understand Wheeljack is in this game... What system do I need to buy :D 

11. Sludge

Sludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL...PS3, PS4, XBox 360, XBox One, or Steam.

I have no gaming consoles. But I noticed Gamestop has used 360's for $99.00. That might be my route.

12. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You don't need to buy a gaming console. Steam is a software platform which runs on desktop computers. No need to buy anything extra if your PC meets the minimum requirements.

13. Sludge

Sludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, my laptop sucks. It's a $250 ASUS internet machine. LOL

14. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As I have never bought a game for PC I have what may be a stupid question. Do I have to buy steam first ? Then this game or what's?

15. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    That was pretty cool. I like how the character has a weapon wheel. That vehicle spin was also pretty sick. Only thing that I could possibly ask for from Sideswipe is his jetpack, but whatever.

Also Grimlock doing the ORAORAORAORA punches is the best.

16. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

Played today as Optimus and Grimlock. I was very impressed with the play mechanics. For those who think this is repetitive, try playing it on a higher difficulty level. You will get your ass handed to you. This game is about timing and button combinations, not mashing. Tried mashing on the highest difficulty setting died in seconds.

Learning to apply the dodge, conserve your ammo to take out pesky seekers in the sky and knowing when to unleash your Super moves becomes key as the battlefield starts throwing more enemies your way. Learning when to switch from bot to alt mode also quickly becomes a requirement for survival.

As a huge fan of both WFC and FOC, the nostalgia that this game evoked was unmatched. This game is definitely a faster pace than High Moon's series, but the characters are spot on G1...just with combat skills far beyond what the 80's animated ever could have depicted and way over the top, but it just somehow works here.

Fighting Devastator was amazing. I enjoyed the first battle with him far more than I did fighting Bruticus as Jazz in FOC. Just my opinion. Can't wait to own this.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  17. lordmegatron64

lordmegatron64 War Starter and Crate God

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......No....Just no. Only 5 characters and It's a caged-in Brawler game, for how much? 60$? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA No. I think I'll stick with FoC considering it offered WAY more content.

18. lordmegatron64

lordmegatron64 War Starter and Crate God

I believe he's referring to the AWESOMENESS that was the WFC and FoC games...And I agree with him. This game looks so bland. It's literally a glorified Angry Birds Transformers game. No Real interaction. Just sit there and press a button or 2 when needed. Where's the challenge or fun? The ONLY reason people are liking it is because it's G1. If it was ANY other series, it would be getting smacked down so hard. No groundbreaking mechanics for a transformers game? Really?....2015 and it STILL feels like we're stuck in the late 90's...The late 90's weren't bad mind you...But seriously, for 60$ it's time to either step it up or step aside.

19. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

Read my earlier post. I actually played the game. It's nothing like you are imagining it to be based on your observations of gameplay.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  20. Flaming Matrix

Flaming Matrix Murder claw master

Steam is 100% free, as it is merely an online storefront, as well as filling the role of Playstation Network and Xbox Live, having a friends list and whatnot.

To get it, just go to the website "store.steampowered.com" and press the green "install Steam button on the upper right hand corner. Once you have Steam downloaded, from then on, instead of going to the website, you should use the downloaded version, which is very similar.

Now you're good to go! You can add funds to your steam wallet or use a credit card directly during purchase. There are no subscription fees or anything of the sort, and after downloading the game, you don't even need an internet connection to play your games, as Steam has an offline mode. Also, don't worry about viruses or anything (I haven't encountered or heard of any), as Steam is the single most well known online PC game retailer.

Hope this helped! Sorry it was so long.