IGN Reveals New Earthrise figures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Autobot N

Autobot N Wants a Legacy Sunstorm

Optimus Primal is the only one I can think of. Maybe Rodimus

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Exactly, and it’s commonplace on wfc figures

3. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    CJ is actually the best figure in the first wave IMO, and I love Wheeljack and his smooth transformation.
    00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200308181841694_COVER.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  4. TechNoMad

TechNoMad Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That picture sells a 1000 CliffJumpers to the Fandom. Bravo, Bravo.

• Like Like x 1
  5. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good point,

I'd have to recheck in my collection as there's not many, but the truth is, I do know that a LOT of older figures, if Hasbro had pushed a bit more, could have had such articulation easily.

You state an increase in the engineering, but honestly, it would be very minimal and not affect the transformation or alt mode to have done such in the older figures, and even now the ankles could be a lot better than a cheap "hinge" that most have. By now, any figure missing wrist rotation is again just Hasbro being cheap as the only thing needed is the arm mold to have a socket and the hand have a connector that would snaps into it. Even ball joints, even if despised by some, would work easily and offers a huge range of mouvement.

---------------

And for the comments about Cliffjumper.. I still can't believe that some still have so much issues with it and are still repeating the same whining complaints about it.

Yes he's overpriced, ALL TFs are... all of them.

The partforming thing is like stop it with fetch, it's just not going to happen...it's no different than Megatron with his weapon/cannon, Ultra Magnus and his armour, Spinister and his weapons, Impactor and his cannon, Apeface with his micromaster head, Jetfire and his armour, and that's just Siege... some figures have pieces that you take off during transformation and put it back on in either mode.... it's old and dead. It sucks that if you buy the figure used and that part is lost, but that's the nature of accessories... and very few figures have no accessories (weapons mostly) that don't end up getting misplaced or lost.

But between all the Siege and ER figures I have, Cliffjumper is one of the best figures they've done and the accessories are absolutely the best ones of any of the figures for both series.

Almost all of the Siege and ER figures are been incredibly cheap for accessories and the nasty gaps, and many have had to resort to getting 3rd party parts to fix the cheapness of Hasbro. They finally get ONE right and here we are, with people whining about it.

Note that I did state that all figures are overpriced, and I did manage to get a 10% off on my Cliffjumper, so it was closer to acceptable... but in what I just stated, I am judging the figure for what it is and not the price.

Wheeljack is also one of the best for the two lines, but he seriously lacks accessories. Hoist is really cheap compared.

I'll end up repeating my usual comment: Hasbro is cheap, they have figures that are nice to extremely nice, some so close to almost perfect in many ways, but it feels like they go with "good enough, it'll sell like this!", and that sucks so terribly. (and now my signature)

I've never really customized my figures before Siege, and now I can't stop figuring out how to fix the lacking that Hasbro did with them... Not one figure escapes this scenario... even the best is so close but all have the "why the hell didn't Hasbro finish this correctly!!!?!?!?" situation.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  6. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    IMO Cliffjumper deserves every ounce of ire thrown his way.
    I guess I'm glad somepeople find him cool, there's just so much I can't get past.

Looking at it, he's the size of figure that were $10 a year or two ago, smaller then figures that were $7 not very long ago, and he cost $20. Yes the engineering and parts count may be worth it to some.
    To me, if he was more in line with the size of the old Classics Bumblebee I'd be much less bothered. a small deluxe, not a Legend in a deluxe box. (and I do like the size variety.).

In a line where Hoist looks like the G1 toy suddenly got every conceivable joint and Optimus Prime and Grapple look like the walked out of the cartoon, and Skylynx is visually an total showstopper,
    Cliffjumper's chest is just MASSIVELY off-model and weird looking.

...and he's got Bumblebee's arms...

And while his car mode looks absolutely great, it bums me out that it's not a touch more Porsche-esque. (mostly because it looks so much like Windcharger, body shape wise)

to me there is a MASSIVE philosophical difference between parts coming off to be weapons/armor, or a trailer turning into armor, weapons detaching to become handheld or a tank cannon being removed and turning into a gun, or a head turning into a pilot, with 1/3 of the alt mode exterior being removed, only to be reattached as a backpack (or the sketchiest excuse for a "shield"). If they'd just included an armature of some sort like the kits that are coming out, I'd really have no problem with it, like how they did Blurr's nosecone backpack. you can totally ignore it comes off if you want to, and it never feels like it's not an integrated part of the figure.

It's just not the same as integrated weapons. I can't help but view it as cheating the transformation, and it feels totally lazy from an engineering standpoint.
    (particularly in a line - and a figure even - exhibiting some otherwise stunning engineering)

part of it too for me is this is the first REAL Cliffjumper ever in CHUG. I can be fine thinking the new Wheeljack looks terrible, because I've got the far superior (IMO) Generations version. I've been waiting for a proper Cliffjumper Since I begrudgingly bought a red Bumblebee with an insane paint deco in Wave 3 of classics. It's not a red Bumblebee, it's not a remold form another aesthetically incompatible line, it's a real honest to goodness Cliffjumper, with hood feet and everything, so it's just super disappointing to me that it's an under-sized over-priced off-model partsformer.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Reygn

Reygn Banned

This form of partsforming... gives partsforming a bad name.
    Partsforming is what makes certain designs, possible, namely with TLK Mohawk, to which TransCraft skidded by with just one detachable wheel.
    I can not lie to anyone, nor myself, and say this Cliffjumper is a bad figure, because it's not. Neither can I lie and say it's not a disappointment.
    It's size is a bit much to overlock, even with it's much higher quality and large accessories. The fact that something as simple as adding an armature, was neglected, in place of a simple pop and peg, is so lazy, it could almost make the most irrational of us, curse the entire line.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I get where you're coming from. Part of the disappointment on my end(I like the figure a lot), is that it's so close to how I wanted it to be. It's just a few steps shy of being more largely G1 accurate in both modes. I think that's what threw me off after intially handling it. I like it much more than than the previous CHUG Cliffjumpers as it's a completely new mold, it just needed to go further just a tiny bit more.

9. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    I was kind of.... hearing you until you said that the generations Wheeljack was far superior.... But even then dude, just pickup CJ and you'll forget about this long winded and picky arguments.

And no, Generations Wheeljack is not better than ER Wheeljack that's just your inner grump talking.
    00000IMG_00000_BURST20200215122822230_COVER.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Spether

Spether Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would be really cool if Skorponok has the little pegs that allow titan masters to securely stand on him, like what came with TR Trypticon and Fort Max.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Slingshot

Slingshot Back In the Game

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Sure, if you like figures that are way too wide in robot mode. ER Wheeljack’s headsculpt and proportions are superior to the Generations figure.

12. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I get the reference of Cliffjumper’s big gun, but for a Deluxe price point I would like a Battle Master instead of the gun. Maybe with a repaint.

13. Ch40sKnight

Ch40sKnight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ok boomer

• Like Like x 7
  14. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    Thank you, he's about to say, "get off my lawn"

• Like Like x 2
  15. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Complaining that Cliffjumper has Bumblebee's arms is pretty hilarious.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Are there pictures of Fasttrack as a Weaponizer? I want to see how he would look like as a possible Roller repaint and combined with Optimus.

17. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope none yet. I wanna see his spear mode

• Like Like x 1