IGN Reveals Kingdom Ark, Galvatron and Scorponok!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Cardion

Cardion Courage and Good Cheer!

News Credits:
    Teletran-1 and Mainframe are two different characters. They could just be different colors of the same model, like the Datsuns or Seekers. I don't think the existence of one takes away the specialness of the other. There's enough love to go around for both. It's all good.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    The same could be said of FastTrack, Scamper and Cerebros and none of them were released separately. Heck, that Titanmaster that came with Predaking was also never released separately, so if they release "computer guy" in Selects I will be greatly surprised.

The Ark never had a bot mode, so isn't that kind of shoehorning a gimmick?
    I think I would have definitely preferred a playset over a bot mode.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

Scorponok (BW) - Transformers Wiki
    TFSStoy-Scorponok.jpg
    Giant Fujiwara - Transformers Wiki
    360px-TF-toy_Guchirimasu.jpg 360px-TF-toy_Donarimasu.jpg Transformers-Downtown-No-Gaki-No-Tsukai-Ya-Arahende-Crossover-03-1.jpg Transformers-Downtown-No-Gaki-No-Tsukai-Ya-Arahende-Crossover-02-1.jpg TF-toy_Giant_Fujiwara.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  4. darqen

darqen Well-Known Member

Am I imagining things or is Mainframe the Silverlink mold again with a lot of different pieces attached?

5. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One Fasttrack wasn't packaged with Titan Class Scorponok, two Scamper was repainted as BW Scorponok, and three Cerebos was retooled into Donarimasu and Guchirimasu, there's a reason they aren't calling the computer guy Mainframe is because it's Teletraan 1 and that way they can repaint it as Mainframe.

6. Jeddostotle7

It definitely doesn't share any parts with either the Silverbolt or Hungrrr molds, but it also does seem to have similar proportions and posing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ianmusprime

ianmusprime Roll out to the next toy store.

News Credits:
    I definitely would have preferred this. This would be a cool idea for the next Transformers HasLab project.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Lunatic Prime

Lunatic Prime Former Prime and light piping fetishist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's exactly what I mean :thumbs2: 

BotCon and TFSS/TFCC releases were kind of different. Not that many rules applied to them. But both don't exist anymore anyway.
    And this release is its absolutely very own special thing that doesn't apply to any rules. I wouldn't take this as a precedent.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I had forgotten about the BotCon one, and that Cerebros repaint was a super rare and expensive exclusive.

I meant Full-Tilt, not Fasttrack.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also note the hinge under the nose, likey the whole top half of the ship swivels up.

• Like Like x 1
  11. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    I'm in the minority but the Ark reminds me of those awkward, clumsy looking Transformers × Star Wars crossovers.

• Like Like x 7
  12. Jeddostotle7

1: the Fujiwara/Hamada/Matsumoto one wasn't a FubPub release, it was a special Takara release
    2: aint Gen Selects kinda the continuation of BotCon/TFSS-type redecos, at least in terms of character selection/coverage?

Not saying it will happen, but those prior examples are evidence that at least sometimes prior Titans were designed so their partner figures were separate, so that someone as small as FunPub could produce a partner minifigure without tossing other/the rest of the parts for Metroplex and losing a lot of money. With how Gen Selects has been developing and probably somewhat influencing the design process, and how distinctly Teletraan 1 is based on Mainframe without being in his colors, and hoe Teletraan doesn't seem to be integral or even necessarily connect to the Ark figure, don't you think it's decently possible they release a redeco of just the Teletraan 1 bot as Mainframe?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Difference between Full-Tilt and Teletraan 1, Full-Tilt doesn't look like a different character, Teletraan 1 looks like Mainframe for a reason, they could have just said it was Mainframe but they didn't, so it's likely they are planning on repainting it as Mainframe.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lunatic Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Didn't say that.
    Yes, but still - maybe different rules.

It's definitely possible but the question is how likely it is. I wouldn't mind. Might even buy it just to have a terminal for display.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lunatic Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just came to the conclusion that Hasbro can now design figures with the redeco for the Selects line already in mind.
    FunPub had to work with what's already been there. They couldn't give Hasbro suggestions just because they wanted to make a certain character.

For Teletraan-1: The rules for the Selects line are that they use already existing figures from the mainline and just redeco them with the only possible alteration in mold being the robot mode head. Not even accessories are allowed to change. This of course doesn't apply to the latest reveal of the Selects line (Black Zarak) but figures this size deserve special treatment. Maybe they'll expand the second rule to alt mode heads for Beast Wars characters for example but I doubt it.
    But now Teletraan-1's robot mode is an oddball because he already has the right head sculpt for his reuse. But maybe they thought about it as a tease for what's to come OR they just saw an opportunity to save money kind of like with ER Ironworks' and Airwave's redecos. No need for redesigned heads because none of them had one before.
    But it would have been neat if Teletraan-1's head would look kind of like this:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. JSteezTFwf502

JSteezTFwf502 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It’s almost never 1:1.. but if u just put 150 usd to cad in a google search u get the 188$CAD that others quoted to you.. again it’s about simple laziness of not reading a thread and not doing your own work on google.. “just give me my answers and let me post the same thing everyone else has posted so we can make the thread 100+ pages and then NO ONE will read it all and we can spat the same stuff over and over again..” it’s very childish. And if you are a child, I’m sorry, but just learn from this experience and grow into a more responsible/better adult.

• Like Like x 2
  17. RacerCheetor

RacerCheetor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some think that Scorponok Beast Wars had only one figure reincarnation which is the BotCon repaint.

But remember Scorponok RID (2015)? Although he is not the same character, he is named after him.

[​IMG]

BUT THEN, a retool of it came out with colors and a head honoring Beast Wars, only here it is called Paralon.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  18. Lunatic Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just saw two custom repaints of the latter one into a show accurate Scorponok. Might hunt down Paralon now and repaint him myself.

• Like Like x 2
  19. LDM

LDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really want to like the ark, but first impressions is he is a titan class BUBBLEBEE, and his face looks like a muppet.

Also no weapons (not even integrated ones) really feel like he is missing something.

HEY DNA DESIGNS! GET ON THIS!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lunatic Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He does have a lot of turrets as integrated weapons spread all over both modes BUT the Ark as well as Teletraan-1 both have absolutely no accessories. And I don't count Teletraan-1 as an accessory for the Ark.
    All other Titan class figures had a second character/figure packed in AND at least one accessory.

• Like Like x 2