IGN article with Akiva Goldsman about Movie Universe

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by prime326, Oct 27, 2015.

1. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Slingshot

Slingshot Back In the Game

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    I would like it if the Cybertronians moved their war to other planets and leave Earth, or just have humans become extinct in the films. We don't need anymore interaction between the two.

3. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    Wow, did the Animated prequel just get confirmed?

4. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    As long as this whole 'we can do it ourselves' bites humanity in the ass I'm good.

5. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    Oh shit, Animated prequeal confirmed!

6. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

I think so!

7. Galvatross

Galvatross Living the Meme Veteran

The animated prequel has been confirmed for a while now.

8. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No it hasn't. It was only "announced" in that deadline article which was debunked within 24 hours of hitting by one of the writer's room members.

9. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro seems determined to make the bayverse their legacy. I remain disappointed, disgusted and rageful.

10. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    Some of you guys need to shut up and let it be the human elements l is needed and for the prequel I'm down with that before optimus prime and Megatron going to earth awesome

11. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

I'm just a fan that will not see or promote any more Bayverse movies. Done with it. I'll redbox it. $1 or $2 is about all they are worth.

12. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    do same thing with comics i am all for it

13. Randomus

Randomus Heretic

I would take the whole "humans don't belong in Transformers" view seriously if the current fan-favorite series wasn't the one where alt-modes have been replaced with HMA's. :D 

14. atomD21

atomD21 Not made of sterner stuff...

The human element in the movies just drag them down. I didn't turn on a movie called Transformers to watch teen angst and drama. They should either move to Cybertron or diminish the roles of the people. They could save a ton by not casting biggish name actors too!

15. Slingshot

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Human elements are not needed, and are useless. They are annoying, and they should not be the center of the films. Besides, how do they benefit the plot and help it grow? They don't. They kill off any growth there could have been.
    Besides, I want to see what Cybertronian culture is like. IDW is touching on this and is doing a phenomenal job. The movies will only have fights and little to no plot in the prequel.

16. Galvatross

Galvatross Living the Meme Veteran

Transformers Writers Room Concludes: Akiva Goldsman Scripting Transformers 5 - Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM

The Cybertron prequel was never debunked. Barrer and Ferrari are going to scribe that one. Sure, Bay denied that he was definitively directing TF 5, but the Cybertron sequel has already been confirmed. Also, Deadline is the source that originally broke the writer's room, TFCU, etc. Deadline is not one of those sites that was posting all of those false rumors regarding Optimus dying and Override and Quintessons and Primus knows what else just to get traffic.

Now months ago Goldsman mentioned the possibility of a Beast Wars spinoff. That was not confirmed. It was simply an example of a possibility that may or may not come to be true.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  17. agent j 15

agent j 15 Banned

And the butthurt did flow, like a mighty stream.

Seriously, this is one aspect of our fandom that still confuses the fuck out of me. We ARE humans - why so much anger whenever a piece of media DARES to acknowledge they exist? I'm sorry, the whole appeal of Transformers is that they transform into EARTH vehicles - if they did that but there were never any humans, I'd honestly be more upset than if there were.

Admittedly, we haven't really gotten a lot of good human characters in the movies - Lennox and Epps were the only ones I liked, since they actually had some dignity - but hopefully the CU can alleviate that, and give us some well-rounded and developed human characters who tie into the Transformers in a unique and creative way. Too bad the fanbase is too quick to react in an inflammatory way to actually let this idea gain some traction.

Personally speaking, what always interested me about Transformers that I feel like they NEVER touched on (at least not well) is, what kind of a relationship would a human and a Cybertronian form? Would they be great friends, mortal enemies, have great respect for each other?

Or hell, what about love? You can't pick who you fall in love with, so who's to say a Cybertronian wouldn't fall in love with a human, or vice versa? Think about the implications of this - both souls have an immense level of affection for each other, but they know that physical limitations are keeping them from expressing it in any conventional way. There's a LOT that a talented writer (Read: not fanfiction writers who would come up with some way to make them fuck anyway) could do with that scenario. Imagine the Hulk/Black Widow romance in Avengers, except he's the Hulk ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

Or what about camaraderie? I've never served myself, but my brother has, and I've seen the relationship he has with the guys he served with - they joke around, they have fun, but when shit hits the fan, they know that the other guy has their back. There's a level of mutual respect and honor there - that kind of a relationship with a Transformer and a human would be incredible to see. Just because it makes you wonder how it happened.

I'm sorry - I know that most of the fanbase hates humanity for whatever stupid fucking reason, but I just see way too much potential in them to just throw them to the side and act like they don't exist.

18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Lean Mean Angry Machine

News Credits:
    Sorry, I was under the impression that these films were called "TRANSFORMERS" and not "HUMANS." My mistake.

No one is arguing that humans shouldn't be a part of the films - the problem is the humans have been without exception more important than the actual titular robot space aliens.

After a decade of bad human characters not only in the TF sequels but also every other Hasbro-brand film up to and including the recently historically under-performing Jem film, it shouldn't be a question as to why we're all so pessimistic about what to expect based on what we've been given.

By AoE it's pretty clear the humans have no interest in forming long-term relations with the Transformers and instead are going the usual KILL THEM ALL route as they normally do with any given alien superpower.

If you want human/alien relations, District 9 does a way better job namely in that humanity's main response is not fucking killing them for the dumbest of reasons.

It was called Kiss Players.

There is a good fucking reason we never go back to Kiss Players.

The films have not demonstrated any interest in showing that kind of thing even when ROTF practically had the perfect scenario for doing that with NEST. Hell, the bios on the HA Basics from the DOTM line did this more than the actual films.

Again, most people whining about humans aren't against the potential for good human characters - it's about how the movies have not once ever fucking delivered on this potential.

19. Slingshot

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    I believe we humans have a fairly decent knowledge on human culture and society. If I want to watch movies about humans, I will. Transformers however should never get involved with humans, or at least if they do, should come across kids with a decent sense of intelligence. As I said before, I prefer seeing how Cybertronian society and culture works.

20. ZombehDino

ZombehDino Fast as a Sharkticon

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Old):
    I wouldn't mind the human characters if they were actually written well.