Igear traitor and destroyer

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by DJCHARTERS, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Skywarp181

Skywarp181 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thats true! dirge looked kinda pastel looking but ended up looking pretty nice!

2. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Ghost Starscream huh? I can see that being something of interest. In crystal. Yeah they did do that Faith Leader in crystal huh?

3. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you. I didn't want to be accused of being an a-hole for saying this (I prefer to get accused of being an a-hole for other things), but yes, this is an accurate description.

Anyway, regarding iGear--their customer service is really responsive and good. On the other hand, if you're a freak about box condition (which I am), you might be better off going through BBTS or TF Source. I mean, iGear uses shipping boxes, but they're pretty flimsy and tend to get dinged up quite a bit.

4. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'd definitely recommend going through TFsource or another stateside shop over buying directly through iGear. My Not-Ramjet was missing a thumb right out of the box and despite multiple emails I was never able to even get a response from them...let alone a thumb.
    Well if we're gonna play that game, here's mine. XD
    [​IMG]
    I just happen to have that link handy from posting it in another thread. ;) 

5. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    got a few seekers then! nice display

6. Skywarp181

Skywarp181 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, the colors looked really great! not to mention the NON colored clear parts were really nice! not cloudy at all. they were actually really clear! Love to get ahold of an all clear version to make a midwarp skywarp!:thumbs2: 

7. LiquiD

LiquiD Well-Known Member

I feel like you misinterpreted the point I was making. I was saying what the scratch built third parties are doing is infringement because we recognize their products as the characters from transformers that we know & love but with a few astetic changes(different colors for instance) much of that infringement would be gone(or atleast a good deal easier to argue against), but that what igear has done with these seekers crosses that line from infringement into theft & KO production. People where saying they are the same & i'm just trying to make the case that they arent. Honestly I thought the coneheads looked pretty good. Especially thrust, and I've always wanted a decent sunstorm figure. But I didn't buy either of them. More have I gotten engraver. As far as these two go i Think they look way too cartoony & suspect igear will make significant changes by the time the finished products are revealed. I'm not trying to say one is ok & the other is evil. I'm just saying one is worse than the other.

8. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Um yes. That is the exact same thing. A knock off is a knock off.

People have a few reasons for disliking CrazyDevy. Not all of them due to their products. They don't seem to take criticism of their products very well.

9. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    This thread lit a fire under my ass. I tried sending them yet ANOTHER email about my missing thumb for Ramjet...pretty sure that'll just get ignored too. :/
    Yea I have a couple, LOL. Thanks.

10. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Yeah people forget, Igear was at BotCon.....so Hasbro cant do shit and they know this......on topic, im getting these...people wanna say why am I buying KOs, tell your wife, gf, or mothe to stop buying fake, gucci, coach, prada....that worst than some toys, becuz everybody knows that purse is fake....

.with that said, after the sales of these seekers....what other G1 homage will they be making?
    BLITZWING!

11. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I like how Traitor comes with Dr. Evil. Austin Powers?

12. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Given how innovative some of the 3rd-party stuff has been, I wouldn't mind HasTak KOing the third-party companies and producing some lineart-accurate, high-quality, and lower-priced pieces. Maybe G1-accurate versions of FP's Defender and Insecticons, new seekers that take design cues from iGear, minibot-sized versions of Jizai's stuff, a sturdier version of iGear's Arcee, official and more screen-accurate versions of iGear's Ratchet/Ironhide, a G1-accurate version of TFC's Devastator, a better Bruticus using FP's Munitioner and Explorer and G1-inspired pieces for the rest....

I mean, who's gonna sue? And they're all probably coming out of the same factories anyway.

13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not FPs stuff. The factory FP uses apparently manufactures plastic kitchenware.

14. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

haha good idea. : )

15. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:

You know, Takara MP6 isn't that bad...

16. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

Damn, I'm already struggling to put money together for the coneheads, and now THIS?
    Actually, I'm sorta torn on these. Whilst I love the kibble mod and feel it adds so much to the look of the figure, I really don't dig the paint schemes. Maybe it's just me, but those MP Seeker molds gain so much extra visual pop from a nice realistic paint job, and the plain pastel approach, whilst cartoon accurate, takes away a little of that MP sheen IMHO.

If by some miricle I end up with lots of spare cash, I'll get em, but for me they're not a "sell internal organs to purchase" item like the comeheads are.

17. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    You know you want them, Coolhand.....:ev: 

18. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    No, the point I was making is that the distinction is irrelevant. "Theft and KO production" are the definition of infringement. As far as the law is concerned, there's no difference between selling an homage figure that uses someone else's IP without a license, and flat out copying their work. Either one will get angry companies and wealthy lawyers on your tail. Just like being pregnant, there's no "kinda-sorta-maybe" about it, a company has to feel (and prove) that something is or is not infringement, not that it's close to going over the line. I know you're trying to argue that they are not the same, but in the eyes of the law, they are the same. If we're arguing about something besides the law, then terms like "infringement" and "theft" become meaningless anyway.

That being said, Hasbro has so far not bothered with legalities at all, since they can't. Their relationship with retailers is another matter that follows different and fewer laws. That's why I say that even though all 3rd parties are infringing, only iGear will get the banhammer - I would not be surprised (just disappointed) if TF Source gets the same treatment that Kapow just got.

19. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    In the end, it comes down to "you snooze, you lose".

I'm not going to get into the whole "morality" of this thing because to me, it's not worth caring about. There are literally countless issues of injustice in this world we should be upset about; Hasbro/TT's intellectual property rights are pretty low on my list, especially given that 1) they aren't producing the toys I want nor have they given any indication they intend to and 2) they don't seem to care much about the third party companies anyway.

I'm not going to sit around and hope Hasbro and/or TT release official versions of the G1 characters I want. When they do, great! If not, well, I'm glad to have other options. Is that selfish of me? Sure, but collecting is inherently selfish, when you get right down to it. None of us is doing this for "the greater good" or anything.

20. tom servo

tom servo Well-Known Member

Dr. Evil = Dr. Arkaville ?