Igear tf007 command center

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Bruticus11, Aug 29, 2011.

1. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    its priceless when you see your hekie and united figures set up with it.after all its teletran one..bring on the decepticon base

2. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    HAHA, me and Transbot were pretty much the only supporters at release, and now everyone wants one :) 

It's a beauty as long as you can deal with the fussiness of the parts!

3. jnguyen

jnguyen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was about to bid on the igear teletran but when it hit 2 min left. The price rocket from 90 to 400

4. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a hard time believing it's worth $400. I'm glad I got mine, but in no way, shape or form is it worth that, just one of those perfect storm auctions IMHO that got a lot of eyes on it at once so it jumped up. Great for the seller though, and more power to the buyer that wanted it that badly. Personally, if more sets go up I think they'll settle around the $200 range, that's where they were prior to TFSource getting more found stock of theirs earlier in the year

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Do you remember the hate this set got? lol All because you needed a little glue to hold it together PERFECTLY!!! (admittingly, no glue and the set comes off looking really bad) But seriously, one tiny dab of glue on each connection point and it became perfect. I don't have any modelling skills at all so if I was able to do it, anyone could. The whole "I shouldn't need glue" arguement killed sales but was a weak dumb excuse that killed an awesome add on.

I can't believe this set sold so horribly. But then again it was the first 3rd party thing to carry a price tag of over $100. If this set came out today, even with the connection flaws, it would sell out quickly for the original price. Was it $120 or $150?

To those that want the Decepticon set. Allow me to share my shattered dream with you. I spoke to those in the know and they all confirm it is a dead project, no Decepticon base to join in with the Ark set. :( 

6. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    There is no way this set is $400. Not by a long shot. Some one is doing funny stuff I think.

I have been eyeing this set for months now. The most expensive I have seen it sell for is like $150 in the last 6 months.

7. Big Filipino

Big Filipino John 3:16-17 says it all

News Credits:
    I have this set and love it. I just need to replace the satellite accessory which broke. I just wish iGear would respond to my repeated email attempts requesting to buy a replacement piece.

8. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

Did your people lose money on the Ark set? I was waiting for the Decepticon base, then I got tired and just spray painted some Gundam chain base plates purple. Still, it's such a shame.

Tell your people it's a different climate out here now... there's more fans with the 3rd movie dropping, TF Prime and the HUB in general. Plus more of the older collectors are warming up to 3rd party products. Then you have the buzzards who buy up stuff thinking it's gonna make money. Anyways, a Space Bridge would be much better than a Decepticon Base!

9. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    BOY HOWDY do I remember the bitching and moaning, and most of it was because of the 100+ price tag.

We don't blink at $100 for 3rd party scouts these days, and the command center came in a tightly packed box bigger than butterfly-wings-Prime, how perspective changes things :lol 

I've gotten mine to be pretty nicely flat and stable without glue (I want to be able to reconfigure it as needed), it's moderately frutrating to set up, but once it's together, it's really a beauty.

I don't remember who said it, but one board member summed it up perfectly when the preview pictures were first shown. he said something like:

"This is a must have, for one reason: context."

And it's so true.

But I suppose different collectors have different priorities.

D/L

10. Alucard77

News Credits:
    TBH, I just want Teletran and the table. I am fine with the print outs for the rest. Teletran and the table are the must have on this set.

Who wants to e-mail KO Toys about this?

11. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

LOL. Not me. My name is mud after the KOLD Rainmaker debacle.

12. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Well how bad can they mess up a non transforming piece of plastic. Shit, we have them do the plastic, and have Reprolabels do the stickers.

13. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Well. If you think about it $400 isn't that absurd. These sets don't get on eBay much. Everyone who buys one seems to just hang on to them. So when one does pop up on eBay all eyes are on it. I thought I saw one go for $250 or $288 before this one but I'm not sure. I don't even remember how much the one I bought on eBay earlier this year was. But Im sure it was nowhere near $400 lol.

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I do't even bothr with the walls and floor. Teletraan, the side consoles and medic equipment are great and all I need.

However $400 isnt really worth it unless you HAVE to have one.

15. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
  16. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I need one too, but $400!!!!!!!!!!! No way.

17. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Ok, I just checked my Paypal history. It appears that I paid $204.50 shipped off of eBay on April 25. Lol. Damn. I guess I really wanted it. Lol. $200 is a premium. $400 is insane. Hope it really is worth that much though :) 

18. MPFan

MPFan Active Member

My friend has this but no way is it worth $400. It looks nice in person, he gave it a black wash so the details really pop out.

19. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I wanna give it a paint wash too but I was thinking a darker orange or brown.

Do you have pics of your friend's command center?

20. Astronopolis

Astronopolis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ugh hate straight black washes and panel lines. Looks like the toy was dipped in oil and wiped off. Slightly darker shade of the surface color is the way to make it elegant and understated.

What about the kotobukiya chain bases? I got a few on clearance and they look great. Debating wether to paint them though as the grey works for autobot and decepticon both. Either way you can find them for less than $10 a pop and grab a $5 can of paint