iGear Stinger (NOT-Bumblebee) and Rocky (Not-Cliffjumper)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by The Crow, Apr 17, 2013.

1. GinoPuppy

GinoPuppy Star Seeker

so very torn.... I think bb has a bad head sculpt. CJ looks good. I'll probably get them for nostalgic fun. but i still want the canceled PP line to be revived!!!!

and Repaints will need... NEW heads, please Igear. NEW Heads. I passed on pipes cause they didn't retool him at all.
    I want Tap-Out, Glyph, Hubcap, and BumbleJumper but they need new heads, or no deal.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  2. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Well, at this point it is just a mock up. In a year and a half, I am sure the head on BB will look a lot better.

I haven't been disappointed by iGear yet, there is no reason to think I will be disapointed any time soon.

3. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

They look a mite...portly, but otherwise not bad.

4. Wikkid

Wikkid Completely retired customizer

Looks like iBrawn and iGears are the only things worth a shit outta this line unless they really step it up with Windcharger.

5. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Comparing my Rager to Hench, Rager is the better toy--no QC issues with the ball joints and it can stand easily without toppling over. It transforms easily the way a minibot should. Hench looks nice, but the execution is meh to me. Bigger ain't always better.

Here's why I'd prefer these be smaller: My current favorite TFs are Geminus/Apex, and the Hench-sized minibots are too big at that scale. Another reason is that Legends-sized minibots can interact better with the upcoming Metroplex, which was designed with smaller 'bots in mind. Finally, the design and engineering on 'Bee and 'Jumper look very, very simple. As a result, the larger the toys are, the worse they'll, look. All IMO, of course.

That said, I like how iGear kept the exaggerated, superdeformed look of the originals.

6. soundwave144

soundwave144 #1 Best, good friend of Soundwave on the planet.

News Credits:
    wow. the roundness...they look like poo on a biscuit

7. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ditto.

8. richie408

richie408 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I can live with Rocky but dang that Stinger looks like Porky the pig had a baby with Bumblebee. The alt modes are good though in my view. I'll go with Alucard on this one this is just the beginning box shot not sure if they will really look the way they are in the real ones to come.

9. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Bumblez, Cliffy, Powerglide & what about that Wheelie? Their Wheelie doesn't actually look like a piece of shit! :lol  Not bad iGear, Not too bad at all.

10. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

poweglide and wheelie look ready to go, the bb and cj do look like they need to be tweeked a bit though.

11. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cliffjumper is totally bought but Bumblebee NEEDS a new head, that one is fugly.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Man, that's looks horribad. :lol  Classics BB is all like "the hell is this crap?" I'm just gonna pretend this is a different Igear and not the champs that gave us Ratchet and Ironhide.

13. RavageX-9

RavageX-9 I don't know

Ebay:
    What?
    How are the people who like this noticing the problems with the head but not the short limbs? (wrists are supposed to come down to a person's groin.)
    I guess the boat-shoes don't surprise me after Seaspray, but putting the legs on top of the hood would have been better and saved space.

They better drastically change it. Why would they even model them this badly, and then release pictures of them?

... Huh. I just noticed the same stupid looking forearms are on Hench and Bumblebee, with the large block on the forearm and the smaller block for ball-joint hinge at the elbow. I guess that simple looking thing won't be changed.

The Classics figure is how you do it. He still looks a bit fat, but it's minimized by it being just the windowed part and the roof, rather than the entire main body of the car. He also did the classical early Autobot car transformation of the back half flipping back to shorten the torso. Maybe that could be avoided with some kind of collapsing gimmick.

I guess you're new to how much demand there is for G1-accurate stuff of the more popular characters. There's 4 Classics Starscreams released (2 non-exclusives, 1 cheap & plentiful exclusive), and yet he's still worth money.

Only if you wait to buy, instead of "definite buy" like so many people here. It's also not good for iGear's business if stores are less likely to order their next product because of previous failures. and if you wait to buy and it goes up in value like the next guy I'm replying to, you're screwed.

There's plenty of precedence for poor sellers to drop in price. Including 3rd party products of G1 characters. (TFC Hercules)

Which won't matter to anyone but scalpers and people who wanted it but waited. Detractors won't have missed out, and people who bought it won't be any worse off.
    unless you're wrong, and everyone who bought a new one ends up paying more for something that's clearanced, and then a superior version comes out (again, since we already have a superior version)

Oh crap! That long?

14. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    I'll buy cliffjumper definitely, but Bumblebee only if he has a G1 face as an optional head. I love the "cobra commander" mask of G1 Bee, and sadly no one uses that anymore. do these scale well with mp10 & sideswipe?

15. Sully

Sully Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hopefully they'll do what they did with Brawn and give us a choice of two heads.

The current BB head looks very IDW ish to me.

I'll be adding the new 4 MW's to my existing collection. I do not like Classics Bumblebee as that character and for me he's my Goldbug with an upgraded head. Even if Toyworld release their own Goldbug that toy has a spot on my Masterpeice shelf beside Rodimus Prime and Optimus. This is going to be my BB for my Generations shelf.

Now if iGear ownly made a proper Pipes and a Tailgate I'd be happy.

16. heirofthedog

heirofthedog Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since when were TFs ruled by vitruvian man?

Obviously you have no concept of nods to the original G1 pennyracer designs

17. DogFriedRice

DogFriedRice Well-Known Member

Too small I think.

Also are people forgetting these will probably come in 2 packs.
    ie.

Bumblebee + Powerglide
    Cliffjumper + Wheellie

and will be around 80$ (us in the UK will probably have to pay £90)

18. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Is that poor sales or over saturation? I'm thinking the latter.

And Cogz was outed a year ago? Shit. Where has the last year gone?!

19. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Huh just noticed those pistols look a lot like the one Jazz is known for.

20. jammer506

jammer506 Sentient Being

Ebay:
    Bumblebee's face is gross. I'm sure someone else has stated this, but EWW.