Igear Ratchet new Prototype pics

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Fishdirt, Dec 10, 2011.

1. VestigialHeart1

VestigialHeart1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I'm not mistaken wasn't Mike of KOtoys an american based in China? I kind of assumed that would be his downfall after speaking with him ages ago. I also thought that he was getting the hammer because of his connections within the bootlegging community (ie he was directly in contact with the bootleggers and worked closely with them). On the site it appears that they will continue to sale third-party items according to the message on the front page.

2. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    The hammer's been threatening to drop (according to the white knights here on TFW) for years now. I'll believe it when I see it. HasTak's legal team may be able to target online retailers (such is the case recently with TFSource and iGear's Seeker clones) but venues such as eBay and others exist. And what's stopping iGear from closing up shop and opening right back up under a new name? I highly doubt the sky is falling here.

Back on topic, the PP05 van brothers are looking great! And don't look too shabby next to that anime-ish new MP Prime either. Their Rager prototype looks much bigger than I thought too. I hope we see photos of MP-10, PP05, Rager, and PP01 together in bot mode soon.

3. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    Poor you. Having no patience to wait for a toy must suck for ur wallet.

4. Shockblast2

Shockblast2 Banned

Yes, but KOToys IS in China. Go to their website now. It is a shameful shell of its former self. Bummer too. I wanted to buy the three Binaltech Hummer KO's. That Chimun whatever website is still up....for now.

5. Shockblast2

Shockblast2 Banned

Yes, but that was when Hasbro was busy raking in the movie money. They were full of it then. Now, they just lost a HUGE revenue stream I'm sure they miss.
    The next step is to find other sources of revenue. Maybe they are planning to manufacture the stuff that has been unreleased and made by bootleggers? The only thing I do know is that they are doing it now. Hopefully KO Toys is the only casuality for a while, but I fear that may not be so.

6. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    Cannot wait to see the final product!

7. Raiju

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    How are you inferring that Hasbro are losing any money at all? They can always make another movie sequel. In fact, I'd be surprised if they didn't go ahead and churn out another film based on the franchise given DOTM's box office returns. Besides, Hasbro still has the movie trilogy line of toys coming up in 2012 along with TF Prime toys. And KO Toys is a different beast than most 3rd parties. I wouldn't use them as a measuring stick for anything.

8. Shockblast2

Shockblast2 Banned

First things first, Prime is no movie line in terms of revenue. A small sliver. Second, they are not currently making much on the movie line. The movie toys are shelfwarming, Generations has been clearanced off, and the Blu Rays/DVD's have been on the shelves for months. That is a BIG chunk of lost revenue, my friend.

My prediction, the movie trilogy line of toys will be the next HFTD in terms of shelfwarming, and Prime has an isolated fanbase. Hell, I could have bought two deluxes at TRU last week for $10 and I passed. and I am a flake when it comes to holding back my urge to buy Transformers. Bottom line, I think there is a Classics 4.0 in the works for late 2012-early 2013 and some, if not all of the KO's being produced now will be in that line.

My prediction list

Inevitable Releases
    Trailbreaker-Hoist Mold
    Last Two Rainmakers and/or Sunstorm - Undying seeker mold, has to be Hasbro's biggest profit raker

Very Possible Releases
    Reflector - Based on RTS Perceptor Mold
    Ricochet - Based on RTS Jazz Mold
    Some Decepticon Villain based on the Lugnut Mold
    Rumble & Frenzy Scouts

Hopeful Releases
    Arcee
    Devastator

Never Gonna Happen but would be Awesome
    Scout size redecos of all G1 minibots to pair with Windcharger and PCC Huffer

9. Raiju

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Inferring your own personal experiences, buying habits, and preferences does not equal HasTak's marketing strategy nor is it representative of their profit margin. I'm fairly sure it's poor business for them to churn out an entire line of unprofitable toys. If they weren't making money back on TF Prime and DOTM/Trilogy figures, they wouldn't be making them in the first place (or keep on making them well into 2012, for that matter). Besides, retailers like Walmart and Target are stuck with any possible overstock, not Hasbro (who have already been paid for the figures). I've said my final piece on this subject.

Back on topic, PP05 van brothers rule. Glad I already set aside my monies for both of them. =)

10. Shockblast2

Shockblast2 Banned

HFTD.......at best. Mark it down.

11. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    Scale in the G1 cartoon varied per episode. So that's hardly a decent place to start your referencing.

Anyway, very eager to see full color images of these guys, I think they'll be decent enough fill ins for my Alt Collection.

Edit:
    That's the photo I was judging off of too. I know Classics Megatron stands a little higher than Prime, but Megatron works great with the Alts.
    I admit Ironhide may be a little short to fit perfectly with the Alt lines 1:24, but I assume he'll still come with the eztra heads and I have a KO Hummer that I bet will work. And if push comes to shove, the head will still look better on a Scion than simply repainting Skids' head.

12. rhinox1701

rhinox1701 #1 TransFan

Ebay:
    love this.. must have of 2012

13. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Those tool look like they'd make a nice thing for Universe Wheeljack to use too.

I hope they make more of i-Huffer & i-Seaspray.

14. godspeed

godspeed (Dead)Head Master

Oh MAN is that thing tiny! I gotta go back in the thread but I could have sworn I saw voyager dimensions listed somewhere. No? Yes? Either way too tiny for me. Laters!

15. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    It is Voyager height. they stand at 7" and are the exact height of Classics Voyager Prime. If you want them for an Alt collection then they are too small. They are just as tall, if not a tiny smidge shorter, than an Alt. This also means they have none of the bulk that would be required for them to fit with Alts.

Personally I think these are too small for Alts and too big and too different for Classics.

IF I do get these it will be to start a PP line but I need to hold off and see what happens. It may be too soon but iGear shows a lot and has put out little and it seems liek HasTak is starting to go after these groups (KOtoys). I would like these but time will reveal all in this situation.

16. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Based on what? Personal preference?

The Seekers were just as tall as Prime in the cartoon (at least, enough for me - it varied, as we all know).

I'm in the Faith Leader/MP Grimlock/MP Seekers/Most Classics-sized Autobots camp, myself. These will fit in just fine. Yeah, they're a bit bigger than most of the other car-bots, but again, it was like that in the cartoon - and again, enough for it to "look right" to me.

17. jinx23

jinx23 Wrecker

Ebay:
  18. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's been there for awhile.

It's also a photoshop.

19. Cecilia

Cecilia Mechanical Princess

Twitter:
    Instagram: