Igear PP04 New Pic (Cliffjumper proto)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Skywarp181, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Trazz

Trazz New Member

I'm digging the Idea. If they go scout class its bought. those legs and arms should be beeft up more. The hand looks frail, like they might break easy.

2. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

Apparently, the size will be about the same as deluxe Bumblebee.(Classics, RTS, etc)

3. autobotcliff

autobotcliff Well-Known Member

I love the idea of making him into an original, but before I decide to drop money on this, they need to fix the proportion issues. The Body is HUGE and the appendages look ridiculously thin. I don't mind the feet at all and I hope that they are accurate to G1. Now where my UM with trailer, igear! lol

4. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    If the price is right I'll bite.

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I predict around Deluxe size, but a larger Deluxe (Classics BB is sort of a midget Deluxe, so bigger than that).

**waits for official pics of prototype next to existing figure for comparison**:popcorn 

zmog

6. Sai

Sai Decepticons always have more fun ;)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The more i look at this CJ prototype the more i like it :)  Consider me very interested igear ;) 

7. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I need a rubber belt with little nubs on it that allow you to store all these spare heads you end up with as a trophy belt for some bad guy.

8. Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, I hope this guy isn't deluxe-sized. If for no other reason than I've wanted Igear to do a scout-sized Bumblebee since day one, and this seems like the best chance of it happening.

Why some bad guy? I'd give CJ the decapitated head belt! :) 

9. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish, just for once, they actually make a bumblebee who's bot mode looks just like or really close to his cartoon bot mode. It seems like pulling teeth to get anyone to figure this out properly.

10. leo7830

leo7830 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I really like this! It's about time bee & cliff get their G1 look! I have never bought a classics bee cause he was a VW! And never bought a classics cliff cause his alt mode should be different than bees! I do have the alternitys of these 2 though until these come out. I hope these are deluxe sized and around $50 at most. I'm excited for these!! IGear said that they will have the whole G1 cast. Hope they make it happen!

11. victoryconvoy

victoryconvoy Well-Known Member

looks like crap,and how about you work on the other things that you announced,igear

12. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I like it, but I don't love it... yet. I would like to see some tweaks if at all possible, especially the feet. As is, I'm not sure I'd pay more than fifty bucks or so. Even then, I'm not entirely sure. Lots of other cool,pricey stuff coming out...

13. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel like when they've advanced to this point in the toy's development that any engineering or major sculpting alterations aren't really feasible. It's my best guess that what we're seeing is what we'll get, unless iGear decides that the overall reaction is negative enough to tank the project. I'd like to be wrong, though. Does anybody know of a past instance of a figure being extensively reevaluated by a third-party maker this late in the game?

14. dkr7

dkr7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so two weeks until the PP05's are out and still no color samples or box images etc. i foresee another delay :(  and that's why i'm not even thinking about getting these, i'll make that choice nearer there release in 2013/14 after delays.

15. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm not too concerned about that. I would rather they take their time and fix anything that needs fixing than rush it. I imagine the production sample stage is when things like those problems with TFC's Exgraver and Heavy Labor show up... just saying. :) 

16. SMOG

I like this Cliffy quite a bit, but something to consider as well, is that cramming the authentic alt-mode proportions into a recognizable G1 Cliffjumper bot mode must be pretty hard. Since they seem to be teasing a Bumblebee remold, if they go with the VW alt (I'm sure they will, because they've already done a VW legends-sized BB), I think the shorter car proportions of a VW will probably suit the robot mode a lot better.

Regardless of how you guys feel about this CJ, I think that a BB version could very well turn out to be the best G1-style Bumblebee we've ever had! So that's one more reason to be excited about this piece. :D 

zmog

17. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The MP Soundwave? That was prototyped, revealed and then tweaked after feedback... Not sure about iGear doing that though.
    Indeed. BB is practically certain. We saw BB and CJ CAD designs at about the same time if I remember right.

18. SMOG

We did? I only remember seeing CAD images of the Bumblebee head, not the body.

zmog

19. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Totally agree. To be quite honest, this will probably be the best G1 Cliffjumper, for that matter. Even with all its "flaws".

Speaking of which...The feet, while not cartoon accurate, are kind of like the original toy, no?

20. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

1)I just hope this CJ is smaller than the classic version. All new prototypes should be shown alongside other figures for scale.

2)What the hell takes these guys so long with these figures? Crack the whip on those sweatshop workers already!