iGear MW-02G (G1 toy colors Huffer) now available at the iGear Store

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Billzilla, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Insert Clever Title Here

News Credits:
    Upscale the mold to Hench's size and I'll buy it instantly. Until then no sale. Great colors though. Much better than the original release.

2. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    I think it means good things for both.

1) iGear is attempting to capitalize on the lingering demand for their first Huffer. If they released (or even announced) a new Huffer without first rereleasing the old one (at a higher price no less), they are essentially kissing free money goodbye because the demand will evaporate. As Takara has repeatedly proved, doing a "last shot" of a mold can be a great way to raise some money before moving on to a new version of the same character.

1a) There is absolutely no reason to believe they aren't doing a larger Pipes/Huffer mold. It's one of their most common requests. We're talking about the company who ripped off the Hasbro seeker mold because they realized people would pay a ben franklin for every fruity color of the rainbow. While companies like Fansproject do things for artistic gratification and companies like Headrobots do things because they think they'd be fun, iGear makes ALL their money by anticipating demand and filling it with G1 goodness. The idea that they'd ignore the cries of "bigger Huffer!" is preposterous. The only factor is whether someone (Takara) beats them to the punch.

1b) It seems to me (although this is entirely speculation) that the entire MW line is the result of the success of Rager. Their goal with it appeared to be to produce extremely cheap (for third party), relatively animation-accurate figures to complete the already existing line of G1 legends minibots. When people not only embraced these figures but said "we'd buy them a second time if they were bigger. We'd buy all of them" they set to work on this line, which is now nominally a supplement to both their PP line and Takara's MP line when it originated as a supplement to the classics legends line. I do believe that these new "bigger" Rager/Spray as well as guys like Powerglide, Warpath and Windcharger- who have all been done recently by other companies- will be released at the end of the line, though, to build demand.

2) It depends. If it sells well it will definitely sweeten iGear of the idea of releasing "Last Shots." I think they were trying to test this idea out with PP01 before MP-10 got a western release but factory problems (see: PP-05's year-long delay) forced them to abandon that idea. The surprise success of Rager gave them a window to try it again. But them releasing an alt-colored UFO depends highly on the original UFO selling. Getting stuck with excess Elegy, Traitor and Destroyers has probably soured them on the idea of releasing repaints while the original color is still in stock. So the best thing you can do to get a dark-colored UFO is buy the lime colored one and talk about how much you want a darker one and would be willing to buy it again if one existed. Post this to their Facebook page. Multiple times if you have the chance.

2a) I do think that even if UFO doesn't sell well enough to get a full "anniversary edition" with a neato box, Dark UFO is still a no-brainer for a super limited con exclusive, but in that case, ya know.. be prepared to pay.

Yes, it kinda sucks that you should have to essentially spend $60 to get a cosmos that's the "right" color but that's how you guarantee repaints. Make the mold popular.

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Yay. Only $10 more than the first time.

Same here. Darker colours doesn't merit a re-purchase. But scale him up, and I'll be first in line! :D 

zmog

4. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
  5. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I know how much it went for, $15shipped. I bought mine for that price. I was just posting in jest in response to your post about finding one for $27shipped.

6. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    No, I was referencing the original price with the medal comment and that even at 27 it's a bargain.

Wires crossed here methinks lol

7. thebigdb

thebigdb Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Well… I just bought my copy today so when I am an old fart, I can sell this off & make bazillions of dollars! :p 

8. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Yeah, I really don't get the complaints about the price considering how much the 1st release is going for on ebay.

And if they do upscale him, I'll gladly buy a larger one.

9. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

last night i ordered this new version for $27 shipped. then i listed my original version on ebay for $49.99. i got an offer today for $45 and sold it. sweet deal.

the color on the arms and wheels really sold me on this newer version.

10. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    the fandom will always complain..

just ordered gonna put my original one up for sale weds when i get home

"edit" or might keep the original and keep this one mib

11. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Use the PCC Huffer as Powertrain - after all that's who it looks more like anyway.

12. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Uh, because retail and the secondary market are not the same thing, duh. :rolleyes: 

The gripes about the price increase are based on:
    A) $27 is, generally speaking, too much to pay for a Legends-sized figure. I know some people do this without a second thought, but as the saying goes, there's one born every minute... and that goes double for anyone in a collectibles market. It's a tiny toy. It's not an antique. It only came out a year ago, and now the company is re-releasing it, which brings us to...
    B)iGear is releasing the SAME TOY, and charging almost double for it. I guess those extra paint apps on the hubcaps really DO increase the production costs, eh? Sounds a bit gauche to me, but hey... if people are lining up to throw their money at them, good for iGear.

I'm happy for those people who really want this, and now won't have to pay the ridiculous secondary market prices (and will get a superior figure to boot). That's good news. But as someone who bought the $15 original, I'm happy to stick with what I've got.

Well played, sir. That's not a bad strategy. I'd gladly trade my Rager 1.0 for the 2.0 version.... but you actually made a nice little profit there. :thumb .

zmog

13. GinoPuppy

GinoPuppy Star Seeker

this is what i wanted to begin with! not buying it though. i have the other one. I want a Brawn sized Huffer! I'll buy THAT one.

Please make a bigger Huffer!!! (in these g1 colors)

14. Christopher-2

Christopher-2 Well-Known Member

Bought! So glad I held out for this! I think darker colors and shiny arms make it look more like Takara was involved. My botcon style huffer is now on ebay!

15. GinoPuppy

GinoPuppy Star Seeker

Dammit. I'm weak.... I need him in those colors. going to go buy this new one... (hangs head in shame).

I'll probably sell the 1st one. I added repro labels to mine. now i will need repro labels to match this new color version.

and why are the lights on the roof, Still not painted Black!!... that's my biggest pet peeve about the rager figures. I don't want to have to paint it myself.

16. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    For all the people waiting for this mold to be upsized...I'm afraid you'll be disappointed. I just don't see iGear going backwards and redoing this mold or "Seaspray". Just buy the 2nd version of Rager before he's gone. If you don't like it you can always re-sell it on eBay and get your money back...heck, may even make a little extra.

I ordered the first two from iGear and had ZERO problems. Order placed!

17. DoubleYouTeeEff

DoubleYouTeeEff Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't see them remaking him bigger. They still have the other mini bots to do and whatever else they have up their sleeves.

18. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I've heard similar things which is why I'm jumping on this guy. If someone KO's him bigger then it will be bought but for the time being I have Huffer finally!!

19. StarLurker

StarLurker 貴重なパンケーキ

Ebay:
    I'd buy this... If the site weren't down. >_>

20. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    just noticed the site was down^^^ wanted to see if they had sold out yet were down to 150 last i checked,,, bought 2 of these yesterday one to display and one to keep mib as love the oldskool style box ...and gonna sell the original rager :)