IGear making VW Bumblebee?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by llamatron, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    No. "If they think they can do better" is never a legitimate argument. As I've been trying to explain repeatedly, I am not talking about them being based on established characters. I am talking about the engineering of the toys. Most of the other 3rd parties at most, base their items on artwork of a character, figuring out how the artist sees the transformation working, and then trying to adapt it to an actual toy. At some point, they have to implement their own ideas to do certain things. Others take the basic character design, and do their own completely original takes on them, engineering the entire things from the ground up.

My problem with iGear is that they either lack the ability, or just the imagination to engineer a proper transformer. Instead, they take the easy way out, and simply take an existing toy, and make some changes to it. They are mass producing altered versions of actual retail products. They are knock offs.

So you don't like people giving well thought out, and entirely rational arguments?

2. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, so you stated your problem, and backed up how you felt very respectfully and well spoken... now what? I typically don't speak to people directly on here in the open threads, but what do you hope to accomplish by going into every iGear thread and bashing them? And I'm not singling you out specifically Gryph cause lots of people express their disdain for them, but you did lay out your problem with the company very clearly, so IMO anything additional would be, again IMO, trolling. Because why come into a thread about 3rd party product and diss everything they do? It brings things down for those of us who actually enjoy this product and support these companies whether it be FP, iGear, CrazyDevy, Renderformer, etc etc. I personally am not a huge fan of the CrazyDevy stuff, but its rude of me to go into the Crazy Devy thread and piss on what it is they do, and inadvertently diss the people who support their product. These aren't for everyone, and MANY people have expressed they don't support 3rd party companies for varying reasons, but some of us do. Also, for the record, I not to fond of the Legends BB, but may get the PP series one.

3. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I'm not trying to get people to completely change their minds, just understand what I'm talking about. Most of the replies are basically just people going "everyone else does it too." So I keep trying to explain in greater detail, and people just don't seem to understand what I'm trying to say.

Hell, I don't even really hate iGear. It's more like disappointment. Whoever does the sculpting is pretty good. They just have very little engineering ability. Instead of getting someone who does, they took the easy route, and just copy already made products.

4. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

im happy with my classics BB. The jetpack was a cool add-in too

5. Birdimus

Birdimus Member

I think we all get it, it's just that nobody cared the first time. Let alone the next dozen.

6. STRAKER454

STRAKER454 Police Box Traveler

Wow, three posts in three years of being on this site...I must be going for a record!

Anyway, I kinda like it but...I DO wish they would have done Cliffjumper in this style if they were going to make a Legends styled figure to match the Hasbro toy. I mean...we already HAVE a decent Legends class BB. Still if it turns out well I might get it...barring a $20+ price tag that is.

7. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    That V-Dub altmode looks great but that botmode seems so under-whelming. Still... [​IMG]

8. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Obviously they do, or they wouldn't have replied in the first place. :p 

9. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    ^ gotta love bashing trolls. State your opinion then move on. No need to stick around and still state how you feel about our own decisions on weather we like it or not. If you do, you do, if you dont, you dont. No need to stick around and try to express or try to make people understand where your coming from. Most of us dont care.

10. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Ya know I'd like to see Igear take this legends idea and really run with it. I'm personally fond of the legends class and with the movie coming up I don't see hasbro making many more G1 style legends, so if Igear would make a bunch of new legends to fill in the g1 cast I'd be pretty into it. Re-shell legends rodimus, put out some s3 autobots, more decepticons of any season considering how few of these we've gotten.

They could even attempt to make them compatible with the new movie battlestations and accessories.

Also I'd like to see a trailer for the new legends prime. Especially if they could make it make it a powermaster style trailer. Optimus turns into a solid square cab, make new legs that let his knees bend so you can fold his legs up and make the trailer transform into a body that fit around him. would be pretty awesome imo.

11. jasonmako

jasonmako Voyager

News Credits:
    Regardless if you like it or not its going to happen one way or another and people will buy it. I don't favor CarzyDevy for their high prices but they make nice articulated add-ons. Some people like it and will spend the 200$ for the whole set. So be it. If it means that much to you to complete your G1, do it. Do you buy every single Transformer Takara/Hasbro releases and open it and display it? No, I didn't think so, and if you did then you would have to have every KO too. Thats called a Completist. More Power to them, but we live in a society where we have choices, especially freedom of speech but bombing every thread on TFW2005 with negativity is Trolling and is excessive, its fun to do it on Yahoo Answers and anywhere else but it gets tiring here. We as collectors and 3rd party creators understand not everybody in the community is going to buy one of every single piece. I love iGear but I do not feel the need to own all the PP-01's or even the 3 new Seekers or Masterpiece Primes add-on head. I have a mini-masterpiece Prime and am satisfied with it. I want the 3rd party ones that are right for me, and you as a consumer will buy what is right for you and your taste.

I think iGear taking on Bumble be in a correct VW form is freaking awesome. I just hope the head is G1 accurate and the elbows are articulated.

BTW to answer an earlier question, MP Rodimus is of scale to the other MP Leader Classes.

12. GinoPuppy

GinoPuppy Star Seeker

I love the car mode. its perfect, the robot mode, needs work... it doesn't look good to me at all.

13. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Looking forward to this! :) 

14. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Until all are one!

News Credits:
    It's ok. As previously said, the head could be more accurate to G1 Bumblebee.

15. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    See, this is the problem. I stated my opinion, and only gave more and more detailed explanations when people kept making replies based on misunderstanding. People assumed I was talking about one thing, when I was really talking about something else.

16. Birdimus

Birdimus Member

Haha, at this point I think it's safe to say that anyone who hasn't grasped your point either refuses to or is just incapable of doing so. I salute your dedication, though.

17. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    New pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And in red...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  18. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Sharp car mode, robot head and paint apps (not final I'm assuming) need more work.

19. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's the first time I saw the robot mode....I really wanted it before I saw the robot mode. Now I really don't. I guess Classics Bumblebee isn't losing his spot on my shelf anytime soon

20. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

I think the repaint should be Goldbug as Cliffjumper was never a VW.