iGEAR is NOT a KO!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ProjectShocwave, Jul 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProjectShocwave

ProjectShocwave Z2H UNIVERSE

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have heard both sides, I have read the arguments until the cows come home. And yes their are KO Tformer companies out their. I simply can't accept iGear to be one of them. I can definitely call them a third party company, but KO? I don't think so. Aside from the fact that they actually makes decent Tformers here are my arguments.

As soon as you come on their site they openly say "We Love Transformers Toys", and why do they do that? When you click on their about, they state how they'll accept idea's from true fans for their product lines". And I think that's a phenomenal idea. Hasbro and Takara are True greats, but they're certainly not perfect, not to mention theirs so many fans that want certain molds of certain characters and never ever seem to get them their way.

For example when the MP Seekers came out (both Takara's and Hasbro's), sure they were pretty good but they still had their flaws (just my opinion). Recently iGear made newer seekers that didn't look like the direct MP molds but rather partially had the look of the IDW Comic versions (almost like an MP G1 Mold mixed into an IDW Comic Combo). Exactly what I wanted and Hasbro/Takara don't have anything like that, and I doubt anything like that will be made any-time soon (if ever).

Basically many of their ideas are the True Fans Ideas - as their site states, (probably true fans within their company too). I dare you to email Hasro or Takara or even some of the full outright KO companies and try to offer them ideas, good luck cause chances are it won't be taken seriously.

Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking Habro or Takara, they still make great original licensed molds, and I love their stuff (most of their stuff) and support them myself. And will only buy their stuff over any real direct KO. But iGear is in a TOTALLY different category altogether. iGear caters to true fans tastes, they think outside the box (what fans dream of, especially in correlation to speciality molds/characters). Some of their molds are simply perfectly created to my taste.

Moral of the story: A True KO is exactly what the definition KO stands for (Knock Off = As close as possible replications of the original producers). Not to mention actual KO companies aren't as open as iGear, why? Because they don't have a leg to stand on in defending their case. That's because they don't care about fans opinions, they just mimic original molds for cash and that's it (Real KO Crap). That's not the case with iGear, sure they do it for the money too, but they've been trying to actually satisfy true hardcore fans to the best of they're ability. To me (and as a consumer, and a Tformers fan) that's a huge Bonus/Benefit!!!

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      100.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      62.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      62.6 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      71.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    moved to correct forum

3. jnguyen

jnguyen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Epic first post

4. Death333

Death333 aliases: Dx3, Dr. Whiffington, Hellscr333m

News Credits:
    This should be fun.

Faith leader is a downsized ko.

Igears mp seekers are straight up kos, period.

As for the part changes on those kod figs, ko manufacturers change and modify mold parts all the time.

The rest of igears stuff such as starburst and thier minibot series are not kos.

Thats really all there is to it.

5. Elrodthealbino

Elrodthealbino Nerd Alert!

IGear started with kos, then used the funds and experience to become a legitimate company.

6. Primacronus

Primacronus Clean-Up Crew

News Credits:
    Igear seekers came out before MP-11. They're an improved version of the MP03.

So not a KO.

7. Kilowog

Kilowog ORA ORA ORA

Ebay:
    pretty sure that makes it a KO because

8. ferrari35

ferrari35 Well-Known Member

No they are slight re tools from the MP03 mold so they are still ko's.

9. ProjectShocwave

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Incorrect: Faith Leader is not an iGear manufactured product. They are simply reselling an outside sourced partner product. They even specify this on their site. It states "Caution: The Partner Products are not iGear Products, iGear are responsible for sales agent". Here's the link...

iGear » PP01

I've noticed they say this for most of they're partners products not developed by iGear (like their version of Iron Hide, Ratchet, ect...). You want to know why, because although they offer KO molds through other companies (incase some folks support those - I don't), their original stuff (their primary focus of concentration via their actual developed products), focuses on non KO products. And thank God for that, because I personally totally appreciate Starburst, Sky-Wind and Thunder-Wraith. Totally what I wanted!

10. ProjectShocwave

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks lol

11. Gauntlet101010

Gauntlet101010 Well-Known Member

Faith Leader was the very first product they ever released. Whether they want to admit it or not, it's a part of their history. Their MP Seekers were lifted from the older MP mould and, improved or not, that makes them a KO. KOs don't have to be exact replicas of a mould; often they're simplified. This just happens to be improved. Their MP Prime heads are smaller versions of a bust I believe ... or at least the base was.

But they've moved away from all that. I don't think anyone's called them a KO company in a very long time. Like CHMS / Unique toys they've moved on to bigger and better things.

12. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    oh boy, here we go.

13. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    This and i think its unlikely they will go back to KOs at this point.

14. thunder117

thunder117 Magna Defender

Ebay:
    Only the conehead MP seekers and more releases newer than that were not KOs.

Their downsized MP-01 and MP-03 releases, however, are KOs.

15. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This!

16. primushatesyou

primushatesyou Crusadercon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They make amazing products now, so whatever

17. ProjectShocwave

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yes they are not called a KO company any-more (finally), but their are still a few select pockets of folks that don't understand the difference between fully direct focussed KO's companies - and consumer research companies that base their research/creations based solely on consumer preference/demand. Their is a huge difference! For example - let's look at the Cell Phone Industry (my examples will be Canadian Companies since I'm Canadian but obviously if your American the same rule applies). Bell And Rogers are the primary providers in Canada due to their size and age. Just like in the Transformer industry Hasbro & Takara are the primary Tformer Toy provider's. Today theirs also Voip and WiFi Cell Phone possibilities that don't have to utilize Bell or Rogers towers, just like today theirs iGear Transformers. Both utilize legitimate legal means of satisfying the consumer (all three make their moneys legitimately separately). That been said, theirs also companies that outright steal both cell signals and internet connections, just like theirs real outright KO companies that fully steal Hasbro, Takara and soon enough legitimate iGear products too. Anyways I think you catch my drift. Cheers :) 

18. TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon UT Gang Rise Up

News Credits:
    Hmmm. Do you work for iGear? But yeah, everyone here is pretty much right. They started by KOing MP-01 and eventually evolved to an actual 3rd Party company.
    Like Presser! Oh wait......

19. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Presser? What about those Igear Dinobots? Whatever happened to them?

20. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:
    They've come a long way from their KO days. In fact they got better as time passes by. If I'm not wrong the owner of that outfit Yizhi is a member here & used to post regularly.

Their smaller scale products are a gem (i.e. Kup head upgrade kit which looks like the IDW version).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.