if you're out of storage space ... sign in

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by e3nine, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Storage space? What's that? I think I officially ran out of room in like 2000, but I collect a looot more than just TFs. I've moved three times in as many years so a good 2/3 of everything is in storage at my parents house (much to their chagrin at this point). I do what I can with what I have with me.
    As soon as I have a full spare room (no guest bed and such), I intend to buy a bunch of smatching shelves all at once, as opposed to the 4-5 I have now that are all different from each other, and go nuts.

2. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Funny you should mention that toy. I recently took out all the Dinosaur TFs from BM and for life of me can't find that darn T-Wreck to complete the 5 Dinobots then I realized it's inside the wall in one of the 3 large trash bags. Doh! Now I have to take a hour or 2 to look for it but I am gonna do it this week for sure.

3. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

yeah, I'm running out of room as well. I recently bought a set of BWII Seacons and have nowhere to put them. I also want to get some more Alternators, but they're all so big, they take up alot of space.

My closet is full of Beast Wars stuff, my desk is covered in Cybertron TFs and there is another dresser in my room covered with my Armada & Energon stuff (not pictured)

here's a quick glance:

CLOSET:
    [​IMG]

DESK:
    [​IMG]

4. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wish I could display my stuff that neatly. Mine is all strewn about randomly :( 

5. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I was very much out of room and now Im only moderated out of room. I sold off everything that was not G1 , I sold of my 250+loose complete SW collection and keept the 200 MOC one , I cleared out older Spawn figs and keept the diffrent Spawns only. all my Patrick Roy stuff is also packed away with most of the SW and the nhl goalkeepers and some TFs

6. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    I outgrew my collection room right about the time I took my showcase gallery photos (so, last July) and that's after removing the closet doors so I could shelve them and having nothing in the room but shelving...now we're hoping to find a house with a full basement, that will be the new uber-size collection room :D 

7. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    I cleared out a lot of space to make room for my growing odds and ends tf collection, but I already ran out of room. :cry  Unfortunately I have no idea what I'm going to do since I'm getting a lot of newer items in.

8. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not as bad as some of you guys, but I think that's partly due to not saving as many boxes. Before the pre-renovation packing, I was getting tight on space, and now I look at my desk and see about a dozen boats floating around randomly. Plus the 25-30 boxes on top of my display case here, the alternator wall on the table, the random bots on the table from photoshoots, the box of WSTs... yeah.

9. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    One of the coolest things I had in mind when I bought my house a couple years ago was that I had enough rooms to dedicate one room to nothing but TFs. That was filled pretty quickly. I have "track mounted" shelving on the walls, stacks of TFs on the floor all over, and no more room to put anything, including myself. I now need a bigger house!

10. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    I love threads like this!

I have storage space issues. We just recently moved house, and most of the closets are much smaller than my last house. I also don't think my wife would appreciate it much if I tried to turn our spare bedroom (the guestroom) into Transformer storage space. The solution? Cabinets. Mostly.

The office: reissues are on the bookshelf, G1 and Alts are in the cabinet, with a few on obvious display.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The cabinet in the garage, which I filled as soon as I bought it. A lot of my tfs had been in storage since we moved.
    [​IMG]

The rubbermaid with most of my loose TFs. I'd like to put them out in the garage with the others, but there's no room right now. So they stay where they are.
    [​IMG]

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whoa! Seeing most of your collection here really put me to shame, guys! My collection is all over the place and its gotten so bad that I selling some of my stuff! I'm actually selling stuff not because I need money but because I'm out of space! :( 

One thing I notice...most of the pictures show only TFs? Does this mean that most of you guys only purchase TFs and not other lines like Gundams, Macross, Soul of Chogokin?

12. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know the feeling guys. When the wife and I bought our first house, we thought that we'd have tons of room. We moved in and basically filled the entire house. Four years and one kid later and we're overflowing. We're currently selling our house and moving into a bigger one.

13. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
  14. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Since Energon I've only had enough room to display current line stuff on the shelves, plus one shelf of "specials" such as Steve Max. I've got a few other display "areas" for things like Alternators, and all the guys that the g/f likes, but that's about it.

Everything else is tubbed in my closet.

I'm up to 7 tubs and about 4 inches for my clothes.

15. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Behold...

These two were taken last summer when I took pix of 99% of my MISB collection (the remaining 1% being scattered between Toronto, the cottage, and my apartment here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few of the rubbermaids
    [​IMG]

16. GetterDragun

GetterDragun Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I spend $276 a month on a 7x15 climate controlled storage room. I can't wait till my house is built.

17. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

Let's see...with my dresser, chest of drawers, computer desk, bed, full closet, and full shelves, I have no room left what-so-ever. I keep wanting to buy a shipping container and make it into a room addition with windows and a door and stuff. I can dream....

18. e3nine

e3nine I have a large MISB collection.

News Credits:
    i don't like swearing ... but CdnShockwave, that's fucking great. :lol 

that's the epitome of what I'm looking for. You sir are awesome.

19. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

gawwww, shucks *blush*

20. e3nine

e3nine I have a large MISB collection.

News Credits:
    we "out of spacers" need to stick together. :lol 

we're here to say "it's okay, the floor is clean".