If you were to reboot Tramsformers. What would your reboot be like?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Leather Elbows, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    In terms of story, characters, action etc.

2. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Optimus Prime
    Vin Diesel as Ironhide
    Ice Cube as Jazz
    Hugh Jackman as Wheeljack
    Jack DeSena as Hot Rod

Keith Szarabajka as Megatron
    Christopher Walken as Starscream
    Both thomas Banalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo as Soundwave
    Jamie Foxx as Blitzwing
    Ken Watanabee as Bludgeon

50 Cents as Himself

The Autobots arrive on Earth to mine Energon from the planet. Sadly, the Decepticons have a similar desire. While there, the Autobots meet up with famed Earth rapper, Fiddy Cent. With the help of the artist, the Autobots race against the Decepticons to a large mass of energon under the city of Los Angeles.

Also, instead of an axe, Optimus wields a chainsaw.

3. Militant

Militant Police

Still a better love story than twilight

4. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

I'd see the shit out of that.

5. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

My reboot would begin on Cybertron prior to the Allspark being launched. We'd meet numerous Bots and Cons. I'd focus character development on a core of each faction. The story would show (in flashback) how the war came to be. It would also show how the core Bots and Cons became who they are and why they chose the factions they did. It would show how the Bots interact and how they feel about what's happening around them. Each movie would be a progression to their ultimate discovery and arrival on Earth (which would be drastically different then Bayverse).

6. BrawnG1

BrawnG1 Banned

Ebay:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Pinterest:
    Please for the love of Vector Sigma.. Lets not start rebooting at least 10 years have past after the last Transformers movies.. Its gonna be the same whining and bitching all over again, with the same people.. Pissed over this, complaining over that.. Please, let the reboots go, let the writers "try" to come up with new stuff.. Even if it sucks, if they reboot Transformers with in a decade, ill probably lose it and refuse to see the new movies..
    Most certainly Peter Cullen wouldn't be coming back for the reboot.. What keeps me coming back is the man himself, and this incarnation of Prime.. The darker Prime.. If Cullen doesn't do a reboot.. I'll just facepalm and refuse to go..

7. Spiderbite

Spiderbite Well-Known Member

I'd do a much more restrained film that a lot of people probably wouldn't like. Basically, take the first section of the 2007 movie (or the first part of AoE), and expand that. An injured Autobot scout ends up in the hands of a teenager, and has to reconnect with his troop. Who that Autobot is could be any number of characters-Bumblebee being the most obvious, go-to one. Other good ones would be any number of kid-appeal characters,Hot Rod, Sideburn, Hot Shot, or TFPrime Smokescreen. Ideally, though, I'd want them in sort of a beat-up alt-mode, an older-model car. Hound may also be a good one; in the MTMTE miniseries, he seemed like the de-facto human relation character; and the visual of an old beat-up army jeep is perfect for a wounded warrior. They'd talk; no beeps or soundclips. The Decepticons come into play when the soldier sends an SOS to his fellow Autobots, and Soundwave intercepts it.

No McGuffin, no surplus of characters, not even a huge city destruction scene. Just one side story in the Transformers war we get a look into.

Decepticons would mostly be giants, without the squat proportions of jetformers like Starscream to make them closer to Autobot size. Taking down a single major Decepticon, like Soundwave or Starscream, would be a major deal, and take some really clever fighting, or a handful of Autobots cooperating. Megatron would be an ominous figure we wouldn't even see in movie 1; he's been taking planets and now he has his eyes set on Earth, so he sends his general, Starscream, and a small army of seekers and a few other named Decepticons. The seekers would look like scrawnier, smaller Starscreams, kind of like TFP screamer. Their alt modes would be aerial drones. Those would serve as canon fodder so there can be robot fights in the sections of the movie where our Autobot soldier is on his own, without jobbing important Decepticons like Starscream and Soundwave. They'd all have military alt-modes, while the Autobots would be civilian or emergency/rescue vehicles. We wouldn't have scenes from the Decepticon perspective,or anyone else's, it'd be entirely from the POV of the Autobot soldier and the boy. This is mostly to build tension as we have no idea what to expect.

We wouldn't see Optimus until the last act, and he should feel like an almost mythical hero. He's extremely charismatic and comforting The rest of the Autobots, similarly, wouldn't be seen until the last third of the movie. Instead of fighting in the city, most TF fights would be in more reclusive areas, as the Autobots are trying to keep the war on Earth a secret. The Decepticons, of course, try to goad them to fight in more populated areas.

As far as tone goes; it'd feel a lot like an 80's coming-of-age flick, as well as some other 80's sci-fi movies like The Last Starfighter or Tron.

8. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    four or five movies. too long to type out the whole plots so i'll give a paragraph or so

MV1: inventor Cade Yeager is approached by alien scientist Wheeljack who asks for aid in repairing their fallen faction leader Optimus Prime. the leader of the opposite faction, Megatron, attacks Cade and Wheeljack, as Optimus awakens and barely holds up against Megatron. meanwhile, the descendant of Archibald Witwicky, the man who discovered the relic Optimus dropped when he came to earth, is approached by Decepticon Barricade and is saved by Autobot Jazz and the teenage parallel Hot Rod. Hot Rod and Sam escape as Jazz defeats Barricade, while Autobots Ironhide and Ratchet show up and save Optimus. Optimus and Wheeljack take Cade and his daughter away as Optimus explains the history of how he unknowingly tied humanity into his planet's war. eventually the Autobots and Decepticons end up at a standstill at the Hoover Dam, powered by the Matrix - Decepticon Starscream steals the Matrix and flees, intending to use it for his own purposes. the Autobots use this opportunity to flee and recoup as the Decepticons chase Starscream into Los Angeles. big battle, Decepticons defeated and badly bruised (no deaths). the movie ends on a good note, the Autobots rejuvenated and ready to defend Earth, and the Decepticons waiting at the bottom of the Laurentian Abyss where their warship was sunk earlier

TF2: delves into more history, mostly WWII, going back and forth between present day and the 40's, from POV of Autobot Highbrow, Decepticon Thundercracker and Decepticon Bludgeon. largely based off Beast Wars

TF3: more WWII stuff, deals with Thundercracker's betrayal and how Highbrow and Bludgeon survived

TF4: basically DOTM, ends with Optimus and Megatron disappearing into space bridge, Hot Rod becoming Rodimus Prime, includes Dinobots and (the real) Wreckers

possible TF5: AOE basically, Autobots and Decepticons have to band together to avoid death by humans

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Not a script writer so saying exactly what I'd like is a tough one. Even then we've seen where the current films were on to some really good really interesting ideas but either fumbled the execution or didn't take advantage of exploring that idea better. So anything I could write might not be something that would translate well to the screen.

I think it would be easier to say like something. A story like Dawn of the Planet of the Apes would be nice because it was more complex than everyone in this group is a bunghole and everyone in that group is super nice. For villains I'd want something that could make the short list of great film villains. For Prime I'd love that heroic ideal like they did with Captain America and a hero of both world like in the cartoons instead of just giving up on something.

Two things I'd like to get rid of would be a McGuffin that the bad guys just can't win without and evil plots so Earth shattering that there is no way in movie hell that the bad guys could ever win. I'd like the feeling of the bad guys might win even if the heroes find a way to win in the end.

10. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    No reboot. Maybe a soft reboot like X-Men: Days of Future Past was. Just kind of have the next movie use elements of the previous ones and put things on the right track. Seems like Hasbro and Paramount have no direction with the movies other than "Let's top the last one" and "insert new robots because we killed all the best ones in the last one".

I agree, no more McGuffins. Since they did use the idea of the Creators (hopefully Quintessons), maybe they can say they created the All Spark, Matrix, Sun Harvester, the seed and now they want all of their artifacts back.

Somehow bring back all the dead Transformers and do one big giant reformat and then go from there. Have a fucking plan for the Transformers Universe the way Marvel has a plan for their movie universe with their phases.

11. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is something I've thought about quite a bit, and I reckon I would probably do about three films if I was the one to reboot the film series

The first film would cover the basics of the war on Cybertron, and how the Autobots ended up on Earth. The first film wouldn't include Megatron as the main villain, but rather another Decepticon 'leader' such as Straxus. The Decepticons' plot to harvest energy from Earth would be something that could be solved in that film, while also leaving hints and little nods towards how the story would continue in further films. The main villain would perish, but some Decepticons would survive and flee. One or two Autobots would die

The second film would take place maybe a decade or so later, and the start of the film would revolve around the Autobots trying to properly adapt to life on Earth now that their existance is public knowledge. Some would question their continued presence on the planet and want to leave. Decepticons all around the world harvesting energy in small amounts, and Autobots are tasked with detaining them. The big Decepticon plan would begin to unfold. Autobots told to surrender and are killed in large numbers. Megatron and high ranking Decepticons (ie. Starscream, Soundwave etc.) would be introduced towards the end of the film. Further background on the war on Cybertron

Third film would take off where second film left off. Autobot numbers would be low, and the Decepticons plan to occupy Earth would be in full flow, with many capital cities now taken. Needs to feel like a global invasion, not 'America/American city under attack'. Remaining Autobots and Human forces using guerilla warfare tactics against Decepticons to some success. New Autobots arrive to aid in attacks (Would be hinted at at the end of second film). Further background on origins of Megatron and Optimus, as well as the story of the Matrix (Not carried by Optimus but rather lost in space). Both Optimus and Megatron die in the end. Autobots vow to hunt down remaining Decepticons and then probably leave Earth

That's probably the bones of what I'd realisticly do for a Transformers reboot, but I'd also like to do little side films as well, with seperate stories focusing on different characters on different planets getting into all kinds of adventures. For example, one could be similar to LSOTW, another could involve a Lost-Light-esque crew, and then perhaps some films on the origins of the war in more detail and origins of the Transformers themselves

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

A long term plan would be nice. Even if they don't think they would do a part 7 at least have a plan of okay but what if we did have to do a part 7.

13. TUROK1134

TUROK1134 Banned

A Dreamworks-style, more kid-friendly Transformers movie. Something akin to a higher budget Prime.

Only people who would do justice to a live-action Transformers on the scale of what Bay has done would be Steven Spielberg or James Cameron, so no point in going with that angle.

14. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

If spectacle is the only criteria for making a blockbuster, then you might as well let the franchise end with Bay. I don't think anybody else can cram as many fights and explosions into a single film.

15. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

If I wrote a movie for this franchise, it would be dark. Very, very dark.

And only once all hope seemed lost, then the light would come through.

No Bumblebee meets John Cena crap, no. I'd give you a set of movies that would shatter expectations and records.

16. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    Arcee would be included in the main Autobot cast.

Hell yes. Same.

17. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Make sure it's suitable for kids. Cause Hasbro needs to promote its products.

18. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  19. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

I'm wary of that. I do understand the desire to legitimize your franchise of choice by making it all portentous and grim, but Transformers is pulp sci-fi after all. Take the subject matter seriously, of course, but have fun with it. Let the characters joke amongst themselves. Don't shy away from good comedy.

I mean, if that's what you want to do, fine. But remember that it's really hard to pull off somber high concept science fiction, especially with pulp sci-fi, without drifting into melodramatic fluff. I mean, the new Planet of the Apes films do it incredibly well. But the originals? Not so much.

20. TUROK1134

TUROK1134 Banned

Well, in terms of what I want to see for Transformers, spectacle needs to be a part of it.

Just wish I could get a fantastic story on top of long and amazing action sequences.