If you were the director of transformers robots in disguise 2015 how would you change the story

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Pando, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Pando

Pando Active Member

I wanna see your thoughts

2. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    More screen time for soundwave

• Like Like x 1
  3. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    Username checks out.

• Like Like x 4
  4. jungle penguins

jungle penguins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As a loose sequel to Transformers Prime, I would say the show should've done better in distancing itself from Prime, rather than try to integrate some of its plot points into the story (Soundwave's 2nd return). A larger focus on the corrupt Cybertron, less niche development for some characters, and less repaint spam. Show itself is perfectly average, just needs a minor boost to be super good.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

Bring back Shockwave, and a bigger role for Hank.

6. ScientistMan

ScientistMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Spend more time developing Decepticon Island. Give Glowstrike more screentime and development.

Have the Autobot High Council show up earlier than the series finale.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mega scream

Mega scream Tyrannical Freedom Fighter

Rid 2015 was a disappointment.

I thought it would be awesome. The plot seemed different and unique, Prime and Megatron were finally not the focus(in Megs case he wasn't even there), and more characters could be introduced. I had a good feeling that this show would be great.

The first episode was good, to me. It sets things up rather nicely, and I was excited to see where the show would go next.

I haven't even bothered finishing the first season.

The show is repetitive, and dull. The character development stinks. One episode would have Strong arm and Sideswipe arguing and then learning the value of teamwork. Another episode would have Strong arm and Sideswipe arguing and then learning to be cooperative. It's also extremely formulaic for the most part. New deception arrives, Bee and Co catches it. Learnt lesson, happy ending.

Of course, not everything was bad. Steel jaw was actually rather menacing. I liked the designs(except for the neck of Bee). I heard the Starscream arc was great. The humans weren't annoying.

Other than that, it just squandered its potential. What could have been a massive hit became another lazy, generic show.

How would I change it?

Try keeping every episode fresh. Make character actually develop THROUGHOUT the series, instead of just in an episode. Try using key plot points, like the fact that there is a corrupt Cybertron Council, instead of just revealing that AT THE FINALE.

And fix the repainting of character models. That just sucks.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

What I would've done is not use the "Decepticon of the Week" formula. I mean maybe occasionally here or there feature one. But for the most part I would've had Steeljaw and his pack of 5-6 Decepticons as the regular adversaries,working as a team.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. GeoSociety

GeoSociety Lowering the Bar

I'm not sure I'd change much, since from the start it was just an overall generic TF cartoon. But if there was something I'd change, god please change that show's framerate. I hate it when some shows limit their 3D framerate to 10 frames to look like a cartoon, but instead it just comes out as a choppy mess like that Machinima combiners war show.

10. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would stop after the first season. I actually really liked the first season. Arguably more than Prime. It had a unique premise and was kind of out-of-the-box. People hate on it now, but at the time people seemed pretty into it. I feel like the following seasons gave it the 'generic' label it now has. Eventually the villain of the week formula stopped being fun (and they used too many recycled designs), and it started relying more on fanservice (like bringing back Starscream and Soundwave). And more gimmicks, like the Combiners. It wasn't awful, but it lost it's newness after Season One. I've only seen each season once. I saw Season One half-a-decade ago, and I could probably describe a fair potion of it. I saw the following seasons more recently and couldn't tell you most of what happened in them.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I loved the first season, but it felt like they wanted to end the story there and so seasons 2 and 3 felt like an afterthought, remaining repetative and stale. The characters never grew. They would learn something new and grow in one episode, but revert back to their old ways and re-learn the same lesson over and over in other episodes.

The way I would do it?
    Keep season 1's premise where Bee's team is on Earth hunting down Decepticon escapees, including some of Cybertron's most dangerous foes. Magmatron and Steeljaw serving as the majn antagonist, though Steeljaw eventually becomes more of a sympathetic anti-hero as the series progresses. Humanity discovers about the existance of the Transformers because of the global Decepticon attacks. In the season finale, after defeating a major Decepticon threat, a beacon is sent by Bumblebee to Cybertron for help.
    In season 2, many Autobot teams arrive on Earth to help. Some were part of team Prime from the previous show, others are new, but they were all supporters of Optimus. Optimus does return, but not to defeat the Fallen who is not in the show, but to begin a resistance on Cybertron against the new High Council. Megatron and Predaking return to help Optimus. It would eventually be revealed that the Council caused the Alchamore to crash on Earth as a diversion that would lead Cybertron's elite Autobot warriors into a death trap while the Council, led by Cyclonus, led Cybertron into a Devepticon-led empire. Season finale sees Steeljaw, who only ever really wanted a home free of prejudice, join the Autobots in defeating Magmatron once and for all.
    Season 3 would see Bumblebee, Steeljaw and his pack, and the other Autobots return to Cybertron only to find it a Decepticon dystopia ala Beast Machines where the population has been overrun with mindless drones who have enslaved and imprisoned both Autobots and Decepticons unwilling to bow to the new Council's will. Its up to Bumblebee, Optimus, Megatron, Predaking, Steeljaw, and their forces to help defeat the new Council and finally unify all of Cybertron once and for all to prevent history from repeating itself.

There, a more interesting version of what Hasbro ruined and tried to rush into a few episodes at the end after 2 seasons of filler.

• Like Like x 1
  12. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    I’d start by not making the show cel shaded for one thing.

Oh and not make everything feel so slow and bland with your typical “Decepticon of the Week” episode. More story as well. Have Optimus stay dead and serve as an actual legendary figure head and a spiritual guide.

13. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Is waiting for the TF7 set photos

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Not make every episode the same thing and adapt the comic

14. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Ditch the two-bit furries they call "villains" and actually allow for meaningful character development.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

One of my faves its not perfect but the more nitpicking I'd do the less it would even BE RID15 anymore.

Its a totally unique animal of a show. So if I could change one thing I'd say MORE STEELJAW.

• Like Like x 1