If you could get Hasbro to produce more reissues what would they be?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Super_Megatron, Mar 10, 2008.

1. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I would imagine a reasonably-priced Shockwave reissue or official dinobot reissues would be a big hit with the fandom.

A less sure-fire hit, but one for which I selfishly wish, would be Scorponok. :) 

I would also love another shot at Predaking... heck, really any combiner would be welcome.

2. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Metroplex!

3. Kenucme

Kenucme Yes, I'd get that one too

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where to start? I'd love to say Mirage since He was my first Transformer. Too bad we're already flooded with the multiple KO versions of him.

Sunstreaker, Trailbreaker for year one bots.

Shockwave and Omega Supreme for year two. Dinobots here of course.

Predacons/Predaking would be great for year three.

Not really feeling too much for later releases. I'd rather see Hasbro release some of those Japanese exclusives like Overlord, Victory Leo, and Deathsaurus/Dezsaras.

4. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I thought Trailbreaker was reissued in the late 90's like 98 or something.But like I said my timeing could be wrong.

I realised the "Hasbro" point of this thread after I posted the reply.But I dont thing that a Hasbro release of Omega would be a success.

For the most part the Hasbro release of Powermaster Optimus Prime with Apex armor went unsold when they were first released and ended up shel warmer till they were reduced in price.

And that was a mold that "NEVER" hit U.S. shelf at all. Most of the U.S. TF collectors seem to be of the mind that if they do not buy it right away it might go on clearance in a few months..

And the problem is that their almost always right.And in the long run that tactic hurts the chances of other reissues from Hasbro.

5. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

TM Cyclonus and TM Scourge for sure. Minibots, TM Blurr, TM Kup, and TM Hot Rod would be nice too. (missed the Takara reissue)

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    cassetticons, blaster, dinobots, triple-changers, shockwave, Thrust and Ramjet

7. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    Fort Max.
    Gestalts

8. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    What do we learn from this? Stop being such cheapskates, people.

Everyone was moaning for a Stepper, Hasbro released him and look how he ended up...

If only everyone was as lacking in patience as I am. :p 

9. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Agreed.

10. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No love for Blue Bluestreak? Really?

11. LoungeLizard

LoungeLizard Insert clever title here.

Ebay:
    Fort Max would be my first choice (fat chance, i know). Other than that, I would like to see some of the head masters. i always loved that toy line, but only managed to snag a few of them.

12. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

If Hasbro, Takara, or Takara via E-Hobby, ever put out a Blue Bluestreak, I would buy three. We know the mold is around; the fact that it hasn't been done yet is frustrating. I think it's actually one of Hasbro's more viable options despite not technically being a Transformers reissue. Fans of all stripes remember the blue/silver discrepancy and I think that'd cause it to sell through better than most.

Ignoring the oft-requested ones that are said to be lost/damaged ('84 car trio, Dinobots, etc.), and focusing on ones that have broader appeal: I'd go with Ramjet and Thrust to finish off stateside seeker reissues, possibly in addition to another Starscream run to cash in on movie hype. Blitzwing and the Insecticons, both pretty iconic and whose TFC reissues now inexplicably go for more than vintage. Despite the prevalence of bootlegs and/or repaints, I think Devastator and Bruticus giftsets in snazzy, official, retro TF packaging would sell.

While the window has probably passed, I still think Hasbro threw away free money by not reissuing the G1 versions of the five movie Autobots. The Encore line did exactly that and a many in the online fandom bought them, but there's a lot of new people in the tent now as a result of the movie that don't know about those, but might have bought them if they had just stumbled across them at U.S. retail.

There's the requisite pipe dreams of Liokaiser, Dinoking, Japanese tapes, etc. But those are going to come from Takara if anybody. If we're talking about possible Hasbro reissues, they're almost certainly going to be drawing from the U.S.-released pool.

13. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Since it has never been confirmed that a blue Bluestreak was released as a Transformer would it really count as a reissue?? :) 

14. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    thunderwing but a new classics one would be just as cool

15. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

The Dinobots, just so people would finally STFU about them. I like the idea of the mailaways and Dinocassettes. Perhaps the '86 movie toys for the 25th anniversary in three years?

Managing to snag the rights to reissue the Deluxe Insecticons or Deluxe Autobot Vehicles would be pretty cool. I could go for a Roadbuster. The Horrorcons are always good. Springer, Sandstorm and Octane. Throw in Sixshot for 2012 and we're good.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I guess Sixshot and the Insecticons and the dinbots, and Devastator.

17. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Devastator box set, please - tho i guess this is probably unlikely if only because of the "Classics" set a while back :( 

I initially thought Roadbuster too, but on reflection I'd much rather see a well-articulated Classics version, with an alt mode that looked like a proper vehicle, and in a decent size class... (sorry, wandering off topic a bit there)

18. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Citybots for all these damn minicons.
    Japanese Headmasters
    A Sunstorm that we can afford
    Blind packaged minibots, so they can stash Wheelies in a bunch of them to f with the fans
    Any 84-86 car that's been left out, no
    ANYTHING from 84-84 that's been left out, yeah

I dont want to hear it about the small parts issues, cant get any smaller than those little GI Joe knifes/pistols

19. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Wheeljack
    Sunstreaker
    Wheeljack
    Trailbreaker
    Wheeljack
    Thrust
    Wheeljack
    Soundwave (No, a real Soundwave. Not the repainted Soundblaster that they tried to pass off as Soundwave.)

Did I mention Wheeljack?

20. Genomus Prime

Genomus Prime Member

I would like to see reissues of the Action Masters