If we get Scavengers - Non Transforming Krok?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by AniCosmos, Jul 23, 2016.

1. AniCosmos

AniCosmos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A while ago I started a similar thread about a non transforming Rack 'n Ruin to see if people would accept an "action master" type version of the character. Most wanted some form of transformation. Downloading, and reading, MTMTE vol. 9 got me thinking about possible 3P versions of the Scavenvers (please MMC, please!) and I thought I'd pose the same question...

Would you accept a non transforming version of the "monoformer" Krok or would you want some form of transformation?

2. Recon734

Recon734 Mnemosurgeon

News Credits:
    I'd prefer him non-transforming, although I feel I'll be in the minority there. It's accurate to the source, and I wouldn't want a shoehorned-in alt mode lead to compromises with the bot mode's faithfulness to the comic. With only one mode to worry about he could look amazingly accurate, and be incredibly posable.

3. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When it comes to any Action Master character update, be it HasTak or Unofficial, I'd be cool with either transforming or nontransforming. What would be kinda cool would be a transformable figure where a large amount of the vehicle kibble is removeable, maybe forming some kind of weapons platform or something.

Hell, I've been wanting Hasbro to use Hero Mashers for Action Master Characters.

4. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    Knows nothing of the comics... Knows that Krok was released as a fully transforming repaint of the Generations Stealth Bomber Megatron. Sees no reason why the Generation Toy figure couldn't get the same treatment.

5. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since he's repeatedly, specifically referred to across multiple continuities as being a "monoformer", I'd prefer him to be such. If there needed to be a transforming gimmick involved, then perhaps it could focus on his Action Master weapons and vehicle.

6. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd love to see that upcoming Leader Bomber Megatron done as G2 Dreadwing, Krok and of course Beast Wars Second BB!

7. AniCosmos

AniCosmos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. Since he's a more "fleshed out" (compated to Rac 'n Ruin) character I'd prefer him to be as page accurate without any compromise. But I'd probably only get him if I knew a few (or all) Scavengers were coming out for display purposes.

When it comes to R 'n R I think (as do others) that individual transforming bots that become a monoformer once their arms are joined is the way to go. With Krok, supet articulated action figure all the way. And please hive him his transforming partner for those who want it.

8. Pipes

Pipes Well-Known Member

I would be perfectly happy with a monoformer Krok, though I have a soft spot for the Action Masters in general.

Certainly wouldn't turn my nose down at a transforming one though! So long as the robot form looks good I'm pretty easy to please.

9. levyshahar

levyshahar Nemesis Wheelie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Quite happy with the tfcc krok

10. G1StarSaber468

G1StarSaber468 Brainmaster

There is no leader bomber megatron being released

11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's talking about the 3rd party one that was shown off last weekend.

12. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    i would want all Actionmasters to get transforming updates, just for the playvalue. I don't see how it would compromise much on posability or accuracy.
    I also would like the guys who had partners in G1 to retain those partners and not get an altmode referencing those partners, in other words i am not a big fan of the rumored TR Krok but i am of Fun Pub Krok.

13. Recon734

Recon734 Mnemosurgeon

News Credits:
  14. anindrew

anindrew Writing a #vss365 superhero(?) novel on Twitter

In IDW, Krok joined the Militant Monoform Movement in the past. This means he had an alt mode, but had his transformation cog removed due to the belief that having one form is the way. Of course, MMM doesn't exist anymore. To me, he has an alt mode, but his body is just no longer able to transform to it. If he got a new cog, he could become whatever he turned into again. So if a toy is made of him, I'd like it to have an alt mode. But what does he turn into, anyway? Krok sounds like crocodile, but I don't think he's Skullcruncher's distant brother.

15. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    The G1 toy had detailing that looked like Jet parts.

16. Pipes

Pipes Well-Known Member

Well, the IDW Krok named himself after his pet, so I'm presuming his name doesn't have anything to do with what he transformed into.

Wasn't the original Action Master bio something about being the equivalent of a soccer star? So that doesn't really give much of a hint as to alt mode either.

17. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I want a transforming one.