If the dinobots could comine...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Magnus12, Oct 10, 2011.

?

How would you feel if G1 Dinobots could combine?

1. Love it!

28 vote(s)
    24.6%
  2. Sound cool

18 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. Sounds cool, but wouldn't really want to see it happening

22 vote(s)
    19.3%
  4. No Way!

46 vote(s)
    40.4%
  1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't mind the idea of them becoming one, but just to keep things interesting and to make them little different from the other combiners, why have their minds actually harmonize, making them smarter than they were before they became one?

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    If we all deny it enough we can erase it through mass-enforced ignorance.

Grimstone was pretty neat though.

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Pretty much this. ^

Really not fond of how if there's a team of something it must also combine. If there's two teams and they both combine to make two bigger robots then you've just traded the excitement backwards to two robots fighting. We can get two robots fighting with just a couple of normal Transformers. But a giant combined robot battling a group of smaller but fierce dinosaur robots? Now that's some awesome.

4. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Combine Dinos

5. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I prefer the dinobots not to be a combiner team. The only reason that I would want them to be combiners is because the Constructicons seemed to be their arch nemisis, and they were capable of combing.

6. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime IDW2019 Stan

News Credits:
    What did the beast ever do to deserve all this hate?

7. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

have grimlock form the entire corebody with swoops entire body splitting in half down the middle from front to back and lockonto grimlocks back as the entire enelarged wing assembly

have snarl and slag form the armored arms and shoulders that way the combiner has a tri claw combo battle shiled mounted over the right lower arm and hand and a spiked sword club combo weapon mounted to the lower left arm and hand as well

with sluge splitting in two like swoop and unfolding to become the entire legs and sluges dino neck and head folding on to the back of the combiner core body as a heavily reinforced and armored spinal columb for the combiners body
    with grimlocks dino head forming the helmet and head of the combiner form

basicly a better version of the beast but with the dinobots also having a normal leve of intelligence in their combiner form

8. mirage4lifeyo

mirage4lifeyo Well-Known Member

Only if Sludge gets to act as the brain. Just for the LOLs.

9. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    I'll be honest, I normally don't like your posts, but I like your thinking on this. Though, I'd love for sludges neck/head to form a tail for the combined mode.

10. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I'm a rather large fan of combiners. I love the concept.

But I love even more that the Dinobots are a subgroup that DON'T combine. They are unique in that.

I wouldn't mind if Dino-pope were tweaked and introduced though. As an example make 5 new dinobots that can combine, though loose the Pope aspect. Still the whole thing might be handled poorly so better to leave this idea out.

11. alternator77

alternator77 Well-Known Member

thats like asking if MR.T:bay  and Chuck Norris:bowdown:  should combine. while totally mindblowingly awesome we could not withstand such a union. yes i voted love it!

12. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Aside from the PCC Dinobot 5pack which look alright in combined mode,I honestly wouldn't want to see the originals combine,to me the G1 Dino's were pure Kick A** in just there regular modes,even tho Devs did get the upper hand once the Dino's came back full force and turned them into Slag (no pun intended).So I say I wouldn't want them like that since all there power is in there separateness.

13. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I'd love a combining Dinobot set but not at the cost of a decent set of scaled Dinobots. By scaled I mean Grimlock, Snarl and Slag as Voyagers, Swoop as a deluxe and Sludge as a leader class figure.

14. Magnus12

Magnus12 Well-Known Member

Ya, that would be cool if there was some kind of g1 combiner tf toy. While a toy would be nice, I wouldn't really want them to combine in the original tv show :) 

15. Magnus12

Magnus12 Well-Known Member

It would be cool if maybe there was an episode of the show where the dinobots combined, but maybe in the end they found out it was too dangerous, risky, blah blah blah, and made them back in to singular dinos again.

16. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The Beast Within - Transformers Wiki

17. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ugh, no thanks. It was a terrible fangasm comic a few years back, and any resurrection of the trainwreck-of-an-idea would be similarly terrible!

18. DecepticonSpike

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Hence one of the reasons I passed on the PCC Dinobots. That, and $20 was a bit much for what you get.

19. boxorak

boxorak Lovable Noob

Technically, the Dinobots CAN combine.
    Unfortunately, it's not THE Dinobots who are the combiner team, but whatever.

From the So Bad It's Horrible page on TV tropes: "There are many terrible elements of The Beast Within, but the worst is probably the Beast. Fans had been speculating on a possible Dinobots combiner and its appearance for years. Finally, there's an official one — and it looks like this. Fans were understandably upset to see the design for their dream character cobbled together in such a hackneyed fashion."

Personally, I think the design's okay, but it really shouldn't have been used as a Dinobot combiner.

Hey, Grimstone's a neat-looking figure.

20. DecepticonSpike

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Nothing against how the figure looks, I just don't like the idea of my Dino's combining. That and I was very disappointed in the first PCC set I had, and so on the second.