If Prime was a Anime-Cartoon

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Dec 23, 2012.

1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko Some Internet Guy

I think Prime would honestly do alot better if it was done in a Japanese Anime type situation, I feel like there would be less limitations on what they could do in terms of designs and action sequences and possibly would have a Gurren Lagann type charm, if applied into that animation style.

What are your thoughts?

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It would be interesting no doubt but I'm fine with the CGI myself. After all it's been a long time since we've had a CGI TF series since Beast Machines. Besides even if was in 2D I doubt it'll change people's opinions on the show's writing at all.

3. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I hate anime-style/influenced animation, sorely. It's a huge reason I hated Animated, and can't do Teen Titans and similarly animated shows. However, despite them using anime-influenced actions, I have no problem with the current Ninja Turtles show, likely because it is CGI.

4. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    it would be interesting....probably more Gorey as well since most japanese children shows cuss alot and have alot of violence. Miko and june would be wearing skirts and be DD's and fowler would be gunning vehicons with a tommy gun. soundwave would be like bruce lee and megs and op would be fighting like they are in final fantasy.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    At the very least, It might look better. (imagining Energon's anime hand-drawn sequences as an entire show)

6. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    Actually if it was 2d it wouldn't be as constrained by character limitations. Although it wouldn't be as detailed specific it would look pretty damn nice and the fight scenes would be larger and more stylized. All according if the got the right animation company it would be just like SLIT said and exceed the current look. I've seen enough japanese tfp fanart an manga to get a good enough idea

7. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    True but at the same time it wouldn't have that beautiful movie like detail and tone that it has now. Besides since it now has another CGI animation company working along it in Season 3 it would help it a lot more.

8. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

From my experience, the best CGI cannot compete with the best of traditional animation, western/eastern regardless.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    If it was Gainax, Sunrise, Madhouse or Bones it would be gorgeous.

10. dunerunner123

dunerunner123 Optipottamus prime

I actually think I may prefer an anime-esqu version, if the fight scenes are done right then yeah awesome, but honestly I think that story would benefit most from it because of the price of having a cgi show. one can only dream though

11. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

I think you can't have such a thing without making a sacrifice to the Japanese market. If you know what they do to Prime's dubbing now you'd understand what I mean-- that is to say, I don't think you truly understand what you're asking for.

12. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We'd have more characters, it seems the lesser the show is CGI the more characters they put in.

13. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I think its safe to assume that New York wouldn't have looked like an apocalyptic disease had left it abandoned.

Could definitely work. Animated had a degree of anime influence and it turned out amazing. It really depends who did writes it, like any other writers, anime writers can be great or horrible.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think we would have a lot more missiles. I don't know why the Japanese love them so much but anime action seems to be full of them.

Perhaps we'd have a world that isn't so empty. We would have odd situations where the kids are the only three kids in the school and Jack wouldn't work at a burger place that doesn't have any business except for the girl that Jack likes.

Oh and a cooler song for the beginning and ending of the show.

15. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I'm not a huge fan of anime (I like Bleach and Soul Eater) but I've always loved the art style. Sounds like a neat idea IMO but the current animation is good as is.

16. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Miko age 21 by ~JenKristo on deviantART
    Adult Miko by *Deceptigirl on deviantART

And your problem is what?

I'm just kidding though, I totally see where you're coming from and it might feel a bit...unnatural for that to be in a Transformers series.

It doesn't get any better than Transformers EVO.

17. Strawberrytop00

Strawberrytop00 Derpticon

I’ve always been one who prefers the traditional to the CGI. I think they would be able to have a larger cast though if they went traditional. There are some gorgeous Anime’s out there Hellsing OVA and Ergo Proxy have some great artwork.

But Energon had those traditional art moments with the robots and all I could say was why didn’t they do the entire thing like that!? It looked so much better.

18. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Anime is the single most overrated thing to come out of Japan. TF Animated was too close to it as it was, so definitely not. I think CG is the perfect media for Prime.

19. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Transformers Animated was anime style?

Do you people even know what anime looks like?

20. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Yup. Big eyes, little mouths. Lazy frozen stills and repetitive background flashes to give the illusion of flight or speed, random lazy blurs (transformations)....Like I said, TF Animated.