If not Michael Bay, then who?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Galvatro, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Galvatro

Galvatro You'll do MY bidding... or taste MY wraith! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Hello All!

If this has happened to make it as another thread, please let me know. If not, on to the question: if Bay does not direct the next TF Movie, then who would you pick? Peter Jackson? Spielberg himself? Maybe a fan of TF's, such as Tom Hanks (if I recall this correctly, he has a fondness for the toys)? Paul Verhoeven (sp?) of Starship Troopers and Robocop? James Cameron? Raimi? Curious as to any possible hypothetical answers to this one.

Personally, I would pick Christopher Nolan (Batman Begins), and have the TF's take a darker tone. Of course, I wouldn't mind seeing Furman adding some ideas into the mix as he is the definative TF writer. Just some of my thoughts: what do you think?

Galvatro

2. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Argh, I can't decide, I want Bay on, and keep Spielberg, so I can't think f anyone else sice I don't really keep tabs on direction techniques. If there will be a new anime after Animated(if that counts) then I want Hideaki Anno, just cause I'm an Eva geek

3. Godzilla2

Godzilla2 Well-Known Member

I thouht he said that he wants to start 2 NOW!

4. BlackTrailerOps

BlackTrailerOps Motor Boatin S.O.B.

Chuck Norris for TF2 director. I want to see Transformers fly through walls made of boxes.

5. Godzilla2

Michael Bay please direct the next film please!

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I thought this topic would finally tell me who stole the cookies from the cookie jar....I was greatly disappointed.

7. jagganathprime

jagganathprime Banned

Nolan is a cool choice..... he'd the man regarded as the modern day hitchcock...
    but spielberg will do well too.... he does the best scifi...

8. killahbuny

killahbuny Well-Known Member

rofl lmao chuck norris ftw

Dont know who id choose I have a fondness for Raimi but after Spiderman 3 im dont think he's got what it takes he should stick to zombies and stuff. Can we bring Kubrik back to life? imagine his take on unicron that would be pure awsome!!

Im happy to have bay but if he was to leave id say speilburg choose some one and lead them through it then we'd have something original but tutored by the best.

9. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

bay please!

10. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    hey Geerave I thought you said no more Movie forum for you.

I'd love to see Bay as "Director of cinematography" but bring in someone who can focus on the Transformers. Baya dmits he had no concept of them 2 years ago. The film was not a Bad movie, it just wasn't a good Transformers Movie.

TF2 needs to have Furman as a script consultant, they just need to rap his knuckles first and say "No Grimlock or Bludgeon!"

11. killahbuny

killahbuny Well-Known Member

haha i sort of agree but also why have furman write if your not gunna let him have grimlock thats like telling a kid he can have ice cream but it has to be broccholi flavour.

12. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

i guess im a masochist. i really feel like the movie should stay aimed at the casual fan and not cater to the hardcore. is there a happy middle-ground? maybe

13. Godzilla2

simon Furman as the writer is perfect!

14. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

There probably is. I think a middle ground leaning JUST that much to the non-fan would be better.

Personally, I still say it'll be whoever writes the screenplay and/or script that will determine how well the movie does. I didn't like the script for this movie. As was said earlier, it was actually a decent movie, just not a very good Transformers movie.

I don't care for Bay...but I think that's mostly because he keeps using the same cinematographer for those "I can't see what the hell's going on!" shots he tends to like. Still, I'd prefer someone different this time.

15. Godzilla2

Its more like: "If not Michael Bay, then how?" Because the action or CGI won't be as good without him!

16. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

The CGI is done by ILM. That has zero to do with Bay at this point. He did have a lot (everything? Not so much?) to do with the decision for HOW the robots would look. But he's not the one on the computers building the things up. And now that they're designed it doesn't matter. Even new characters will be more than likely following the same template regardless of whether or not Bay directs.

As for the action, eh. I do like Bay's approach for using as much 'live' SFX action shots as possible. But there are a lot of directors out there that do great action.

17. Godzilla2

But we knwo this works! If ain't broken don't fix it. Just focus on the TFs and keep the flesh creatures out of it!

18. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bay will direct and Spielberg will executive produce. How do I know? A $600 Million birdie told me so.

19. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    James Cameron perhaps, after all, Terminator 2: Judgement Day is still regarded as one of the finest Action films of the previous decade, and still stacks up well today.

20. Godzilla2

Yeah but that was different though!