If Megatron was still alive, would he have a bounty on his head?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RogueRunner, Jul 2, 2014.

1. RogueRunner

RogueRunner Phase-Sixer

We know Lockdown was sent by the "creators" to bring back Optimus Prime to "restore the cosmic balance." Lockdown mentions how "Autobots, and Decepticons, like little children..ALWAYS fighting."

Optimus and Megatron were their factions respective leaders in X million years at war with one another -- they seemed destined to be at odds forever (Megatron living on through Galvatron).

Since the two have such an extensive history that spanned years and years, and both ending up on earth in the live action movies, would the creators have just as much invested in retrieving Megatron back as they did in Optimus?

One would think so, but perhaps with Optimus being a Prime, he is more worthwhile or valued by the creators..

2. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Lately I've been crafting a theory (i.e. fan-lore to fill in the blanks until the next film).

The Creators hand-built the original 7 Primes, and the Allspark to create a society of workers for them to oversee and lead. The Creators themselves are not malevolent, just basically "gods" who delight in overseeing a creation of sentient beings.

Then, as The Fallen turns against the others and conflict sparks, things go wrong. The Allspark's energy is fading, and the planet itself eventually begins to decay. It gets worse over the centuries. The Creators don't like to intervene personally/reveal themselves, but prefer to use their creation to bring about its own healing. Optimus was thus built and programmed by the Creators to become a great leader in society (e.g. programmed with strong moral code; good leadership skills, etc.), one who could end the conflict and save the planet. He is planted on Cybertron and is believed by all (including even Optimus) to be a normal Cybertronian born from the Allspark. He's essentially robo-Jesus Christ. He eventually succeeds Sentinel and though things aren't going great, there's still a chance he might succeed. The Creators wait and watch.

Then he comes to Earth. All of a sudden he develops a compassion for the humans, which the Creators never foresaw. He is unwilling to sacrifice their lives, even if it means dooming his own world. Then, in DOTM, that's exactly what happens, as Cybertron is destroyed.

That was pretty much it for the Creators; it meant Optimus had pretty much failed. Now we're down to only a handful of Cybertronians, so the race is almost extinct. With their creation on the verge of being lost, the upset Creators decide to bring back their last remaining hand-built specimen (or this could include the Dinobots as well if you believe they were also built), wipe their reprogramming, and start from scratch.

I guess Megatron and other bots who were Allspark-born would be abandoned, as the last remnants of a failed experiment.

(I've got a ton more, but still working on it all :lol )

3. RodimusForever

RodimusForever Underrated

:rock  I like it.I thought up something similar, I just didn't put that much thought into it like you did. That the Primes (though not necessarily all Transformers) were created by the Quintessons. But the Quintessons in turn were created by Unicron, whom they turned on. They want the Primes back to help them fight their original creator. So the bounty was really on ALL Primes' heads, its just Optimus is the last one remaining.

Why not create more Primes? After all, they did it once, do it again. Maybe the Primes can't be duplicated and is a one-time thing, hence the need to get any that are remaining back.

Like you just thinking out loud.

4. hup2thepenguin

hup2thepenguin Beagle.in.red

A lot of you probably thought this over more than Michael Bay.

5. RodimusForever

:D  Probably. Bay's job (at least how he sees at, or at least how I'm guessing he sees it), is to come up with a believable MacGuffin for the TF movie it appears in. The end. In theory all of the MacGuffins he's introduced so far can be tied together, if Bay/Bay's writers felt the need to do so.

For instance, its fun to speculate, but for all we know, the Creators may never be brought up again in part 5.

6. TUROK1134

TUROK1134 Well-Known Member

I like this, but there is that pesky thing where Optimus is a descendant of the original Primes. Not sure how that fits in.

7. RodimusForever

The way I took his theory: all of the Primes, including Optimus, were created by the Creators. Its just Prime was created last and at a later date to "correct" the actions of the Fallen, and to explain his creation (since the Creators, at least at that point, doesn't even want their creations to know they exist), planted the false memory of being "descended" from the original 7.

8. JasonPrime

JasonPrime Well-Known Member

Good question regarding Megatron. Hmmm.

Maybe in TF5 the creators capture Optimus Prime and learn that Megatron has been reborn as Galvatron. They head back to earth to capture him. Maybe Galvatron is expecting them and has a counter-attack planned. Or maybe Galvatron has to team up with the Autobots to rescue Optimus and stop the creators from destroying the world (which he intends to conquer like in Transformers Prime when Megs worked with the Autobots against Unicron). Hmmm.

9. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

10. Ring3r

Ring3r 5.0

From what Lockdown said in the film, the creators main issue with Optimus was how he was interacting with other species.

Optimus was a force for cooperation and peace....Megatron would gladly have wiped out humanity. I suspect that the creators are most worried about the various races in the galaxy banding together, and that they probably approved of all the chaos that Megatron caused.

That said, I don't think they'd EVER work with Megatron/Galvatron the way they did with Lockdown. Apart from The Fallen, Megatron would never do anyone elses bidding.

11. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    I gave thought to the Unicron thing as well, and where he might fit in. I also had him as ancient mortal enemies of the Creators, but that he hasn't been active/seen for millenia. In the meantime the Creators have been exploring options to prepare for a possible return. Though to be honest I'm fine with leaving him out for a while; the less to complicate things the better. :lol 

As for just making more Primes, that's an extremely good question. If the purpose of Transformers was to fight a war for them, why not make an army of Primes, who seem much more powerful than average Transformers? Perhaps there is some extremely limiting factor in creating one. But if we leave Unicron out for now and suppose Transformers exist just to bring satisfaction to the Creators, then it makes a little more sense. Perhaps sending Optimus as savior was pushing it; trying to save a flawed creation was a controversial decision. So now they'll just start over, salvaging their one last piece of handiwork.

And/or maybe they see potential in Optimus, and bringing him back would just be much more effective/efficient than building a new Prime.
    Yep that's pretty much spot on. Though I do hate getting into the whole "descending" thing and what exactly thats supposed to mean.

12. Megatron47

Megatron47 Well-Known Member

Well now that Megatron is now living on through Galvatron's body he is technically still alive.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Leave it to Omega Charge to actually make a working timeline and theory doing Bay and Krueger's job for them.

14. RogueRunner

RogueRunner Phase-Sixer

Yes, technically. The question was hypothetical of course-- if he wasn't killed at the end of DOTM, and the creators knew of his whereabouts..

WOW, this took some deep thought! I love the theory, and it makes plenty of sense

15. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Anyone else think there is a hidden connection between the creators the movie title and the fact we have a newly created galvatron by us humans....definitely has religious undertones if you ask me

16. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

The reason I think the Creators want Optimus Prime is that he has the Matrix now the container of the Allspark in him.

Would they want Megatron/Galvatron? If they learn he absorbed most of the Allspark energies and eventually became a zombie TF that can give life to Transformium robots placing them under his will.

17. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I think it's established that the Matrix of Leadership has been forgotten about as much as Jolt or Dewbot. Even it's purpose by the third film was relegated simply to life-giver status ("it's the only thing in the known universe that can bring a Transformer back to life").

I like to think that the Creators made life, fell asleep for eons...then when they woke up, found their wonderful creations had evolved into little children blowing things up for selfish reasons...then went, "Damage control!!"

18. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    It seems that Creator's plan to bring back Cybertron is failed and (following your theory) indirectly just due to THEIR initiative! More than that - Sentinel, Fallen and Megatron want to restore Cybertron much more than Autobots and even the First Primes! If I would be one of Creators, I would not want repeat mistakes creating new race (of course new race must be more obedient)basing on "unsuccessful" sample;)  And I consider that no one material being couldn't create SOUL - no one programming couldn't provide this (even human DNA), I think the Creators have made only bodies of first Cybertronians.