If J.J. Abrams

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by AutobotJazz1, Oct 21, 2014.

?

Do you think J.J. Abrams could make the Transformers films good?

1. Yes

34.2%
  2. No

32.9%
  3. Maybe

32.9%
  1. BadGuyWins

BadGuyWins B-Movie Villain

Better take cover, if this thread takes off you'll probably get inundated with responses about how Bay is the Devil compared to Abrams.

2. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

I had to vote No, even with how much I enjoyed Trek '09. To me it's like TF '07...the first cheeseburger is OK, but after that I start to get sick (Of course, it bears mentioning that I still haven't seen Into Darkness, but that's for the reason I've previously mentioned and less to do with any other increased levels of stupidity the film may have over its predecessor). Besides, I'm also one of those who considers Trek '09 hands-down the best of the Star Wars prequels, and that isn't exactly a compliment.

3. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Smh.

4. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When it comes to Star Wars, Abrams pretty much professed he was a Warsie, and not so much a Trekkie if one looks at the structure of the 2009 film.

My favorite memory of that film, is that even my Dad noticed the SW references, like when Spock Prime wards off the weird red monster from getting Kirk, my Dad whispered to me, "Obi-Wan, is that you?"

5. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    I like them.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Just not a big fan of JJ Abrams. His original stuff is okay but they aren't on my list of favorite films. Ouch and as a Trekkie I think I'd rather Star Trek had set on the shelf a while long than to have watched the JJ Abrams Star Trek films. The names of characters and places are in the films but it doesn't have the Star Trek feel. Ugh and that wooden acting by an actor named Pine.

So no I have a bad feeling that Abrams wouldn't get Transformers either. I guess we'd get shorter films, but oh by what you find holy I wouldn't be looking forward to the over use of lens flair. After a few Abrams films I've grown to despise lens flair.

7. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    This^

8. BrawnG1

BrawnG1 Banned

Ebay:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Pinterest:
    Hmm let me see, J.J. Abrams would just ruin Transformers, far worse than Bay could ever, and I really enjoyed AOE, but absolutely hated DOTM... Why not add M. Night Shyamalan to the mix, that would be pretty bazaar...

9. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    Nope. that's not what fixed means.

Surely, people don't really believe Abrams would do a worse job than Bay?! It doesn't make any sense. Abrams is the perfect Transformers director. Period.

10. BrawnG1

BrawnG1 Banned

Ebay:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Pinterest:
    I really do not like Abrams in anyway, I guess I'm one of the older generation... Abrams would recreate Transformers in HIS image, not the image that we the fans know and love.. Remember Abrams left Star trek because CBS would not give him the merchandising rights, and he wanted to wipe out the old Star trek by removing all mention of it.. CBS said go to hell, and he threw a fit, and said either you give me the merchandising rights, or I'm leaving to do Star Wars...

Abrams even said several times, he is not even a fan of Star Trek, so what would you expect him to do with Transformers?....

11. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

False.

This is the guy that when given star trek one of the most high profile nerd fictions in history the best thing he could do is is make Top Gun in space, then do a shitty remake of Wrath of Kahn

12. BrawnG1

BrawnG1 Banned

Ebay:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Pinterest:
    I agree completely..

Hmm let me see, Making Captain right out of the Academy, uh Super Blood (no one can ever die again), and Transwarp beaming..and a Lense flare Extravaganza

Completely destroyed Star Trek

13. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    Well, I'll put my hands up, I don't know anything about any of that. If it's true, and I'm sure your have your sources, itl certainly makes Abrams a bit of a tit. But, even so, Abrams still understands good solid conventional filmmaking, He "gets" the Sci-fi genre, and he knows how to make characters interesting, endearing, and relatable. These are all things beyond Bays comprehension, and that's why we have the TF movies we have.

14. BrawnG1

BrawnG1 Banned

Ebay:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Pinterest:
    Just Google it..
    Science fiction to me is not a shoot em up bang bang, its a platform which is used to explore the human condition on a different canvas. Thats what Star Trek was all about, not just exploring space, but ourselves.. Abrams did none of those.. I did like his first movie, and I love the new cast... But Roddenberry would be rolling in his grave..

15. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    As Bay defenders are quick to pick up on, the Director cannot be held fully responsible for bad script writing.

16. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LMAO!! Uwe couldn't even do that. He's spent so long making bad films on purpose, that he wouldn't know how to make one by accident. :p 

17. BrawnG1

BrawnG1 Banned

Ebay:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Pinterest:
    Doesn't the director have Veto control over the script? Like making changes he doesn't see fit... DOTM to me... I was so angry I almost kicked the movie screen in some weird rampage.. But AOE although with its flaws, won me over..

But Abrams rehashing a already used story where he could of gone anywhere done anything... The USS Vengence to me was a joke, a starship at that time period at that size would rip itself apart at warp speeds...

18. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    I do agree with you. I grew up with Star Trek too. But the facts remains, whether Abrams ignored the core principles of Star Trek or not, that he made a far superior film based on Star Trek, than bay did with Transformers.

How would you feel if Bay made Star Trek?

19. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    That is not a fact.

20. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    Well then take it to the jury, because the evidence is out there.