IF Iron Factory Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Hybrid Style, Nov 17, 2019.

1. bastionsux

bastionsux Well-Known Member

need to do more poses of these 2 duking it out 2A1DB7FF-1C11-43A4-A1E7-E095CBC630D8.jpeg 1DFBA19D-7481-45D6-86FD-410D99DFD765.jpeg 0C6E32A8-550E-461D-B1D0-907455880CB7.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  2. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    I was thinking last week about what I’d like to see from IF’s next Shanghai Con showing, as well as reflecting on what I’d like to see soonest from their already slated figures, which is where I’d like to start.

First up, their Pipes does look pretty nifty, tho I’m also hopeful that we’ll see a Tailgate and Wipeout from the mold since they were (roughly) mold mates in the first IDW continuity. Also, an evil repaint like XTB’s Axis would be pretty cool, and I probably shoulda got that MP bot as a one off way back when, but alas.

I’m also tempted by Artfire, but it’s not a priority.

And, it should go without saying that I have Daishogun Boohmaru on preorder.

But, there’s one more forthcoming, well, really several more releases that are definites for me and that’s the Breast Force, ie Liokaiser.

So, that would normally lead me on to some fairly obvious hopes for future announcements, but, first…

A Yokai themed Abominus would be pretty cool! Though, I wonder if IF would maybe stick to a regular Abominus so they can more readily remold it into Dinoking, which also leads me to my most pressing want—

Deathsaurus!

And, Star Saber and Victory Leo… and Esmeral and Lyzack if I may push my luck.

Now, yes, I do have D-Zef on preorder, but I’ll buy any rendition of a character that I really like if the design is good enough for me to want to budget it. And, of course, what’s the Breast Force without their Double Breast Animal General of Destruction, Deathsaurus!?

While I would prefer all of that to be in the modernized G1 style, I would also be down for an Iron Samurai take on Sixshot and Greatshot, since Iron Factory hasn’t really slipped on doing relevant redecos of IS figures.

Though, I do wonder what they’ll do with the Daishogun. Will IF actually give fans the MTMTE/LL Grimlock they want? Personally, I’m not too optimistic, and I honestly don’t even think they’ll do a G2 or Shattered Glass version, either, but I hope to be proven wrong.

Unfortunately, I also don’t expect to be proven wrong about IF announcing their own Volcanicus anytime soon, though it’ll be interesting to see if they follow up the Daishogun with more IS Dinobots or with a set of IS Scavengers, which is probably least likely of all. Still, if IF do announce more IS Dinos, I hope they’ll at least release their own Slash if not their own take on IDW’s Strafe.

Swinging for the more realistic, a proper chonker of an IDW Cosmos would be really nice, and is really only a matter of time… I hope.

Also, uh, what’s up with Soundwave’s Casetteecons, eh? o_O 

Finally, I would really like to see a SkyLynx and Predaking from Iron Factory. Now, I don’t expect either any time soon, but I would really love to recreate this great Marble-V art with a pair of Iron Factory combiners…

FA190B8E-66B9-49B4-BEC7-3E72AB5102B1.jpeg

And at that—
    Oh, wait, one more thing…
    Gimme a new Armada Star Saber and Dark Star Saber, please!!! :D 

• Like Like x 3
  3. bastionsux

bastionsux Well-Known Member

a sumrai styled star saber sounds dope as fuck

• Like Like x 1
  4. GrimLocke

News Credits:
    It wouldn’t bother me to see a Shogunate Saber, Leo, and Dez—quite the opposite, but I can well imagine the grumbling that would take place if they were announced with out any word of a regular old modern G1 take, as well.

Also, while I like those three enough to buy them twice, I dunno that I’d go in for a second, Samurai version of Liokaiser, tho I hardly expect that’s a possibility. .^.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nemesis Compactor

Nemesis Compactor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kinda want the Samurai line to avoid the obivious Prime and Megs, but I'm sure they won't forever.

There's already a cool for Prime design out there with his trailer as a horse.

Although the aren't actually part of it, there's a few of IF other offerings I consider part of the Samurai line/universe.

Their Galvatron is the Cybertronian Emperor that Grimlock is rebelling against.

Scourge of course serves Galvatron

Alpha Trion is an advisor to Grimlock, also another rebel against Galvatron and important religious leader in the Empire.

Devcon is Trion's bodyguard.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Lightningsonic

Lightningsonic Well-Known Member

Do anyone feel like IF have a bit too much kibble recently ?
    One of biggest traits of IF for me is that they have such kibble free, gundam like Bot form, even at the cost of Kibble in Alt form.
    But they Alt mode start to geting improves and their bot with Earth vehical is actually good. Now their bot mode start to have quite big kibble

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  7. Lightningsonic

Have anyone notice ? but The new IF SoundWave would work great for a Optimus retool
    But anyway. While the Truck mode of this is just a cybertron excuse so it can get away, This could work amazing as a remold for Optimus Prime. It have some nice way to free the kibble from the truck mode to bot mode. Surpisingly simple and not lot of piece count.
    Could it be a IF finally gonna make a Optimus Prime ? with earth truck form ?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fuze9

Fuze9 Piddle Patrol

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bro, tragedy has struck. Just got a little batch from eBay, and I should have remembered the number one rule of early Iron Factory releases: don’t move anything without shock oil on standby.

My very first attempt to transform Six-Shot (“Shadow Tengu”):
    BB9EF7A4-7242-4B34-8AD6-09B3327C839B.jpeg

Arm sheared right off at the shoulder. The two ends of the mushroom peg split in two. I was able to pop off the head of the joint from where it was still embedded and used some plastic weld to plop it back on the neck of the joint:
    399BC64E-9801-4D2C-9A23-956652BD849E.jpeg

But I am not optimistic about step two: reattaching that arm. There’s likely no way I can apply enough pressure to reinsert it into the mushroom peg holder without snapping that thing right back off. Sigh. Oh boy…

• Like Like x 1
  9. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    it may be too late, or at least would have been easier to do before you had glued the broken pieces back together. but i would have suggested you try to embed a metal pin to connect the two pieces and reinforced the mushroom peg.

10. Fuze9

Fuze9 Piddle Patrol

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That’d be awesome, but I have no idea how. With a figure this small, everything feels like a roll of the dice.

11. GrimLocke

News Credits:
    Pray that we get an announcement of an Iron Samurai Sixshot and Greatshot, then.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lightningsonic

Cant resist Grimlock and have ordered mine. But man, i wish IF did something with their Beast mode leg. I think at the size of Grimlock, it is fair to expect something more than just flip it and called it a day
    upload_2022-8-18_12-3-11.png

• Like Like x 3
  13. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member

It's more than what most Grimlocks do with their feet.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lightningsonic

the very reason why i follow IF is because they not doing acuracy. They "fix", improved, and style up the old design and give 'em gundam bot body

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nemesis Compactor

Nemesis Compactor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Next for the Samurai line, IF should revive/update Fansproject Ninja Insecticons
    reduced-galery_image_2615_6691.jpg

Also sexy kunoichis Thunderblast and Slipstream
    Thunderblast.png

WFC_Slipstream_bot.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  16. uggabugg

uggabugg Well-Known Member

just got mine, transformed him into spaceship mode once and felt like i would break him. so now i just have him in robot mode on the shelf

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fuze9

Fuze9 Piddle Patrol

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lube up that inner shoulder joint.

• Like Like x 1
  18. GrimLocke

News Credits:
    All the more reason we need a Sixshot 2.0! :buttrock 

• Like Like x 2
  19. uggabugg

uggabugg Well-Known Member

i did, but the joint is incredibly tight and makes these sick squeeky sounds whenever i move it

• Like Like x 2
  20. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this is one of the main reasons why i just went with MFT for my phase sixers. i had all the IF versions but they were too small and a little too iffy for me and i am an IF fanatic.

sucks about the bot but the good thing is those have come down a ton this past year. i see them selling regularly for around 40 bucks now.

• Like Like x 2