IF Iron Factory Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Hybrid Style, Nov 17, 2019.

1. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    :D  alt and "gerwalk" mode…

PXL_20211202_161853184.jpg
    PXL_20211202_162849976.jpg
    PXL_20211202_162827500.jpg
    PXL_20211202_162835913.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  2. Ghostimus

Ghostimus Well-Known Member

Since no one beat me to it, it pleases me to be the first;

[​IMG]

First of all, I didn't expect a new line-up so soon. Not that I'm complaining.

Was really hoping for a new combiner, but didn't expect Lio Kaiser, would've loved Computron. Also, it seems that they toned down the samurai aesthetic a bit, maybe they didn't expect criticisms from the fans. I actually like the inferno and co look. Samurai-sh, but I still like them.

The datsuns are a surprise. Most of us already expected a Prime 2.0 and a Blaster 2.0, but I didn't think we'd get new Datsuns. Fans who missed out will be pleased, as these still look cool.

Just my thoughts on the whole thing.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    Loving the new line-up shown off.

Really hoping we get some Wreckers in the near future, I need IF Roadbuster, Springer and Whirl.

• Like Like x 5
  4. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I appreciate Iron Factory.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    Also hoping we get some Autobot Combiners sooner or later.

• Like Like x 4
  6. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

Your display reminds me that I really regret hesitating and missing out on Sunstreaker. At least I was able to get the black version of Sideswipe.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Littletree666

Littletree666 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh I paid the late tax for all these guys. Only got into collecting last year so I've not even known of iron factory that long

• Like Like x 2
  8. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Not a fan of the samurai stuff at all. Super off putting to me : ( I almost didn’t get Cyclonus — but I mean — he’s “samurai”-ish in general.

So lucky my wallet will take less of a beating and I can skip 70% of the future stuff they’re releasing I guess.

Want the girls for sure. Brawn (I can skip Outback). And at least Leozack and Hellbat (woot for IDW appearances).

• Like Like x 1
  9. Junkmech

Junkmech Mouthplate Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    [​IMG]
    "TO BATTLE!"

• Like Like x 8
  10. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

This is kind of how I feel. Although I'm glad IF is doing whatever they want, after having Lio Convoy, SG Convoy and Bludgeon in hand and realizing I don't care for the Samurai aesthetic, it's safe for me to skip the other Samurai line (besides Cyclonus and possibly Grimlock). Happy for others who are anticipating the rest of the line though.

As for the non-Samurai figures, I'm undecided on their new combiner as I have absolutely zero nostalgia for it and I don't remember him in IDW (at least the volumes I've read before Hasbro got too involved). I'm curious about the new Datsuns though; I have the old IF Datsuns but might replace them if these new molds are upgrades.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Junkmech

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If it sways you either way, I'm willing to bet their new Liokaiser will scale about right with Haslab Star Saber, if you consider him Legends scale as I do.

Also:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  12. bakerjin

I'll be honest, I don't even know who Star Saber is besides his representation in the comics, as I think I moved past Transformers by then, for better or worse. And doubly so for Liokaiser. That's why I recently sold my PX Kadmos and Ismenios as I just don't have enough nostalgia for the characters (even though the figures are quite spectacular). So that makes these an easy pass for me, unless he just blows me out of the water... which is always possible with Iron Factory, haha.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Junkmech

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, that's fair. I understand you're a much bigger IDW fan than a G1 fan, let alone the JPG1 stuff - But, I think you should check out the old animes! Star Saber and co are really great in Victory, with some great villains, including Leozack. Super God Masterforce also rules, and is worth the watch. Headmasters does nothing much for me personally though and is an easy pass.

Anyway, don't expect to not want Liokaiser even with no connection to the source material - You know as well as I do he'll be gorgeous in hand, and full of that delightful Iron Factory goodness.

As for the samurai stuff - Easy pass for me, too. I have Cyclonus, obviously, but don't intend to get any of the others. My Legends stuff is very heavily G1-focused, and the extremely stylized look of the samurai IF stuff would demand its own shelf, which I cannot provide.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Wow, just now saw this new lineup. I’m stoked for those new Datsuns and Animated Samurai Prowl (I assume that’s who it’s supposed to be?). Kinda regret spending so much on the old Datsun bros now haha, but it’s alright. I’ll probably get them, Samurai Prowl, and maybe Inferno but not sure on him yet. New combiner looks neat but nothing crazy enough to jump on right away

• Like Like x 1
  15. theosteve

I’m not necessarily that interested in the samurai aesthetic in general. But I love new interpretations of transformers, and this is certainly a new interpretation. I’m not sure it appeals to me enough to get them all, but I’ll probably get several.

16. velencourte

velencourte Well-Known Member

I'm leaving the legends game because I simply want to reformat my shelf; I'm thinking of a CHUG-scaled MTMTE/Lost Light crew! I loved Iron Factory so much, so I wanted to take some pictures before I start posting in the BST.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  17. bakerjin

Sounds like your display will soon be “Reformatted” :)  Sorry couldn’t help myself.

Iron Factory and MMC Reformatted are my two favorite lines so you can’t go wrong!

• Like Like x 3
  18. theosteve

Which shark is that? Cyberverse?

19. Fuze9

Fuze9 Piddle Patrol

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, why not both? Those are my two favorite shelves. But heck, I’d be game for the Starscream if you’ll only charge one kidney.

• Like Like x 1
  20. velencourte

velencourte Well-Known Member

I've gotta sell my old stuff to make room for the new! That way, I don't get tempted to throw all my money at whatever looks cool (as much as I wish), and it's good for organization!