If I were to get one MP which should I get?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GreyRouge, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Milyor

Milyor Well-Known Member

Gotta be MP-10
    Not only does he look amazing for display purposes, but he is solid enough receive a lot of man handling.
    The same can't be said of the Seeker mold which while like all MP's looks fantastic is relatively fragile and unposeable without the stand.
    But don't for one second think that after getting your first MP that it will be your only one! I though that...

2. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    MP-01. Best to start at the beginning, and it's still one of the biggest benchmarks in Transformers toy history as THE toy that totally changed the game, opened a lot of eyes and brought a lot of people into the fold. I didn't truly get serious about TF collecting until MP01 was released and showed just what was possible with modern toy design and production. And today it's a lot of fun to see how much has changed between MP01 and MP10.

Aside from the historical value it is still a very, very good toy. Superbly robust, heavy, easy to transform, lots of features and fun to handle. The majority prefer MP10, justifiably so, but I still think everyone should handle a MP01 at least once, and considering the low prices they can be found for these days it makes a perfect introductory piece for those with no Masterpiece experience. :thumb 

3. Nordh

Nordh Well-Known Member

Takara Grimlock MP-08 or Hasbro Optimus Prime MP-10. Whichever character you like more.

4. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    Mp-10 or mp11

5. GreyRouge

GreyRouge The Master of Motors!

News Credits:
    I might wait for the MP Shockwave cause I want a decent Shockwave figure. Shockwave is my favorite decepticon so yeah.

6. chozun1

chozun1 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    MP Soundwave. It edges out MP 10 Prime just by a hair.

7. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Scoria, by a country mile, he's more masterpiece than anything Takara has given us in the last three years. He has the heft of MP-01 which isn't equal to quality but it damn feels good, the aesthetics of the mps from MP-10 on wards and the simplistic transformation of G1 toys with a touch of brilliance to conceal the feet in alt-mode to bring him up to mp level.

Dear god, what more can I say about this figure, so awesome is Scoria he has been on desk since June and hasn't moved since! Usually I rotate masterpieces on my desk, not this guy other masterpieces have joined him on the desk, they've gone back to the display but Scoria is still on my desk.

At this point in time he is my figure of the year and easily one of my all time favorite transformers of all time. I honestly can't put this figure down. So awesome is this figure that I was prepared to buy Soar, the FT rendition of Swoop which I felt pretty MEH about until the recent coloured prototype reveal. I don't own FT quakewave and never will but owning this figure has made me understand all the nut-hugging that figure has received and is still receiving. It's a shame his legacy and greatness will forever be tainted by the so and so QC issues it was riddled with, but nonetheless a fantastic toy! In all honesty I'm more excited for anything FT than Takara with the possible exception of Ultra Magnus.

The thought of having five robots with the quality, heft and aesthetics of Scoria in a year's time makes my nerdy head and underwear want to explode!

8. Qabiri

Qabiri Well-Known Member

Hasbro MP-02 Soundwave

9. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Go for MP-10. At least that way you get the most expensive purchase out of the way. Since MP-21 was announced last year I've been buying nearly all the MPs, but it does feel good knowing that I haven't spent as much as I did on MP-10 since.

No matter what your first purchase is, you're gonna want more.