if decepticons eventually kill there human alliances, why dont they kill Dylan?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OptimusPancake, Oct 8, 2011.

1. OptimusPancake

OptimusPancake Prime's Breakfest Chef

I mean they killed the guy in Cherynobol, and they killed everybodys favorite Jerry Wang.

Simmons also said something about shooting them in there cerebullum after the job is done.

2. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Probably because Soundwave is to Dylan, as Bumblebee is to Sam. They more-than-likely developed a friendship over the years.

3. OptimusPrime108

OptimusPrime108 Autobot Field Commander

I wish they could have gotten more into Dylan and Sounwave's relationship in the movie.

4. OptimusPancake

but why in the world would a huge evil robot want to be friends with a human?

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    According to the tie-in materials, Dylan and Soundwave were friends since Dylan was a kid. If only they had explored this in depth. I like the idea of Decepticons who think of humans as more than just bugs or pests - as viable colleagues and even friends.

6. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Agreed. I could also have imagined a scene of Soundwave stopping a decepticon soldier from attacking Dylan in invasion scene.

7. alanyap

alanyap Will work for LEGO

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, they could show soundwave as cassette deck first "given" to Dylan by his dad . Its illogical to have a modern looking car roaming the streets back in the 70s when Dylan was a kid.

8. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    But also remember, he's been a Cybertronian satellite/jet which is probably his original alt. mode. Comics suggest that Soundwave was on Mars (or was it some other planet?) in stasis for quite some time and recently came to orbit around Earth around the events of ROTF. DOTM suggests otherwise and that he's been on the planet for quite a few years. I'm assuming he was on Earth all these years, went up to do survailance work around our atmosphere for awhile, and returned to Dylan until the events of DOTM took place.

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    :thumb 

Such a scene would've added depth and character to the largely personality-devoid Decepticons.

This would've been a beautiful nod to G1. Unfortunately, Michael Bay isn't too big on the whole mass-shifting business. So bloody what, Bay? You think your audience will care?

10. OptimusPancake

lmao Soundwave probably transformed into this in the 70s
    [​IMG]

11. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    It....well, it would be a bit fishy. But then again, Frenzy mass-shifted from head to having his body back in the first film.

12. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

There are some things in the new Transformers that I do like over the old cartoon, and the two big things are Megatron not turning into a gun (sorry, that looked dumb) or Soundwave becoming a small tape deck (Mercedes was much better) but, Soundwave could have had a pet back then that turned into a tape deck, kind of like how he had Lazerbeak in this movie as his pet, or Shockwave had the driller as his. There are clever ways to get around this, but like people say, the writers of these movies just aren't very clever.

For the note, I too would have liked to see some flash backs of Dylan and Soundwave. Would have preferred that over the elongated Russian bar, or Sam hunting for a job.

13. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want to see some more fiction about this.

Dylan + Soundwave = bestfriends4ever

14. megatron66

megatron66 OD'd on candy

FAN FICTIONS!!! That could get interesting... Soundwave pushing Dylan on a swing... Going to a county fair... this can so go in many directions.

15. jazz_123

jazz_123 Banned

Im sorry but doesn't soundwave have no emotions towards humans or did he just built emotions up when he met dylan

16. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Call me blood thirsty, but there was nothing more I wanted then watching Soundwave dispose of Dylan once his plans were met.

To me DOTM made me believe how evil Soundwave/Lazerbeak can be. Dylan knew that his life would always be at risk if he didn't do what the Decepticons wanted.

A good end to Dylans character was to tell Megatron: "I'm at your service lord Megatron, how may I be useful?

Megatron: "Your offerings are humble puny insect, but you no longer have any use for me, Soundwave, remove this Dylan from my sight!"

As Dylan knew his life was over, he would grab Carly to insure they both die together. Carly desperate to survive knew Soundwave would kill them both in a heartbeat.

Once Soundwave appeared with Lazerbeak, Carly took a risk while distracting Dylan and leaps off the skyscrapper making SW's job easier.

Little did SW and Ravage know Carly's scream was heard by Optimus, and landed on his hand. :thumb 

Dylans fate finally came to an end. :thumb 

17. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

According to the movie, Soundwave was Dylan's father's client (or friend) in the first place. Then, Soundwave's friendship with Dylan's dad was passed on to Dylan himself. I just don't get how Soundwave and Laserbeak were on Earth way before everyone else, and they didn't try to get the AllSpark or something.

18. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Because he was still useful to them. You can imagine the moment he wasn't he'd be dead.

If movie soundwave is anything like G1 soundwave, he wouldnt think twice about "retiring" an asset.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    They were gonna, but Soundwave has a sick sense of humour and wanted him to see the fruits of their combined labor. Dylan had no idea the Decepticons were gonna just openly start murdering innocents like that. That's why he was so visibly disturbed when the invasion started. His punishement was living... as a slave.

20. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

I figured it's because Megatron (and Soundwave) felt a bit of respect for him. It'd be a waste to bump off the insect that played a vital role in the whole plan.

And who said Soundwave was on Earth when he met Dylan and his father? He probably sent Laserbeak, who then broadcast transmissions. Business is not always done face-to-face. It was only after ROTF that Soundwave decided to come down.

Well, he could have made a visit or two, and possibly just relaunched back into space (that'd be interesting if one of the satellites the space shuttle launched into orbit was actually Soundwave).