if cyberverse had a bigger budget do you think it would’ve been the best TF show

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by mn_128875, Jun 6, 2020.

1. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just watched a video about cancelled storylines from cyberverse

And it had me thinking if cyberverse had a bigger budget it probably would’ve been the greatest transformers show ever especially with the cancelled storylines Like :

Starscream’s redemption
    Drift becoming an autobot
    More insight on megatron and prime’s relationship before the war
    Megatron using social media to manipulate people
    And more multiverse traveling like going to different continuities ( animated, g1, prime, shattered glass etc.)

And the cancelled characters :
    ( the video )
    Thunderclash
    Jazz
    Cliffjumper
    Knockout
    Ultra magnus
    Sideswipe
    Silverbolt
    Topspin
    Twin twist
    Light bird
    Galvatron
    Devatator
    Rumble and frenzy
    Nickel
    Black airachnia
    Trypticon
    Obsidian BM version
    Transmutate
    Mistress of flame
    Prima
    Micronus
    Solus prime
    The fallen

Imo they should’ve done this instead of robots in disguise what do you think

• Like Like x 1
  2. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde 怪人

News Credits:
    Hmmmm.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that if they got a better team of writers, a bigger budget with more resources... yes, the end product would've most likely been much better.

Cyberverse COULD have been something great, if the attention given to RID was given to this instead? Half hour episodes? Better voices, writers and utilization of resources at their disposal? It could have been an amazing show. It's not like it was doomed from the start.

The redemption arc for Starscream could work if it was set up well in advance, and given how nigh-subhuman and idiotic the majority of people on things like Twitter are, I would've loved to see what Megatron would do with social media.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

Probably for the best that they had no plans for Unicron. He is kind of oversaturated and can be difficult to manage as an active participant in the story. Armada honestly handled him pretty well but I don't know that he would have worked here. The rest of the Thirteen would have been cool to see. Maybe some day...

Megatron X should have just been Galvatron. Then again that arc should also have been longer and had more buildup.

Too bad Jazz got cut. I know about the gender-swap thing but going by what artwork there is of him and the toy, we can assume this Jazz remained male despite never showing up.
    Drift properly becoming an Autobot rather than a Decepticon all along (or having been that way but finding redemption) would have been nice. Honestly, I'm glad Starscream didn't get a redemption arc, his time as his own villain was some of the best material the character has ever gotten (but Animated Starscream remains the better incarnation of the character).

• Like Like x 3
  4. Gzstg

Gzstg Autobot Historian, Armada Dub Defender

I think it would've been better if it had a better budget and been able to do the universe hopping stuff. not only could they sell more toys but also revisit old parts of the franchise that haven't seen love in a while, like the UT, RID(2001), and animated could use more attention.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It absolutely must be stressed that these are not "cancelled" characters or plots, they're just things one writer, Mae Catt, said in an interview that she would have liked to do.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If the budget went towards good writers and actual voice actors, sure.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Magnus Leader

Magnus Leader Young Optimus Prime is the Best Optimus Prime.

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    It didn't need a bigger budget.

It needed better writing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper Least insane TF fan

News Credits:
    Budget does and doesnt mean better show.