If a combiner team was made the main antagonist of a Transformers Film, which one would you want?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Agent 53, May 22, 2024.

?

If a combiner team was made the main antagonist of a Transformers Film, which one would you want?

1. Constructicons (Devastator)

9 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Stunticons (Menasor)

16 vote(s)
    25.4%
  3. Combaticons (Bruticus)

33 vote(s)
    52.4%
  4. Predacons (Predaking)

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. Terrorcons (Abominus)

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. Other (state below)

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  7. I don't want a combiner team as the main antagonist of a film

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Agent 53

Agent 53 Well-Known Member

Combiners are one of the longest running gimmicks of the Transformers franchise. Thus far two Transformers films have featured combiners, ROTF with Devastator, and Last Knight with Infirnicus, however in both cases the Combiner has just been an oversized mook, with Devastator only facing 2 Autobots and being taken out by human weaponry from outside the main combat zone.

I believe that, if portrayed correctly, a combiner team could serve as the main antagonist of a film, initially appearing as a group of seperate, dangerous enemies, and then for the final battle, they form into an imposing goliath that the autobots need to work togeather to take out.

With the current setup for the Autobots after Rise of the Beasts, in which the Decepticons are hunting the Autobots but haven't properly come to earth yet, they could return to what worked with Bumblebee and forgo a maguffin and instead have a combiner team arrive on earth to hunt the Autobots, with the Autobot's goal being to survive and defeat the combiner.

The question therefore is, if they did make a film focused on the Autobots vs a combiner team which one would you want them to use?

As the original combiner, the Constructicons are an obvious suggestion, although Paramounts refusal to acknowledge Bumblebee/ROTB as a continuity reboot, they may be unwilling to feature a different version of Devastator.

The Stunticons are another possibility, given that they would be an evil counterpart to the Autobots, however the toyline being limited to 2 trucks and a collection of cars may be limiting, though with that in mind, the Terrorcons fill a similar description (though, again, the Maximals added variety, then again they may well be in the sequel)

The Combaticons are probably the most likely, after Devastator, Bruticus is probably the most popular combiner, and they probably offer th emost variety both in colour and shapes.

They could also do Predacons or Terrorcons, partiuclarly if we assume that the Maximals are sticking around, it would give at least some beast on beast, even if it isn't the beasts we want the most. If they do either, I'd favor Predacons, since Terrorcons in a very different form were the antagonists of ROTB, that being said they may want to hold back on the Predacons in favor of a Beast Wars film later down the line.

And of course outside of G1 there are other combiner teams in the franchise, so if you have other ideas, perhaps detail them below.

• Like Like x 3
  2. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The Seacons because i want a reference from the sea monsters films.

Last edited: May 23, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Rojixus

Rojixus Generation 2's Strongest Soldier

Combaticons, and it's not even close.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Stunticons for a Fast and Furious crossover.

• Like Like x 2
  5. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You forgot the dragon of TLK.

I voted Bruticus to see the world burn.

• Like Like x 3
  6. DevinM626

DevinM626 Well-Known Member

Combaticons or Predacons are the only answers

• Like Like x 2
  7. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Bruticus led by Nemesis Prime / Scourge.

• Like Like x 3
  8. BethCyra

BethCyra I NEED MP BiG CONVOY (Rumored)

Abominus easily is my pic.

Reason 1: They are badass monsters.

2: They have someone named Sinner Twin on the team, it will make people wet themselves

3: His name is Hun-grr! That is the cutest fucking thing ever and I want more of him.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Right now, I'm leaning toward Predaking.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Stunticons, so we get awesome fight scene of the Autobots battling Menasor, before Superion comes in.

11. Liege maximo

Liege maximo Well-Known Member

Bruticus and the combaticons wihout hesitation: with Starscream's brigade story, you already have a solid basis for a movie.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Agent 53

You are absolutely right, it completely slipped my mind.

• Like Like x 1
  13. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    So did Bay

• Like Like x 1
  14. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sure a combiner team would work as the main antagonist, because if you kill off any of the combiner team you don't get the big combiner battle that you'd presumably want as the climax of your story. You are narratively tied to keeping all the team alive, unless you do something like RotF Devastator where there's a bunch of identical drones going around, but at that point you've lost the appeal of having a developed team as the villains who'd combine. The only way it could work is if you had the combination battle occur earlier in the movie, but at that point you are pretty much going for a team of Transformers past that point as opposed to the combination aspect.

Personally I think the Stunticons are the closest to work, but you'd have to depict them as a co-ordinated 'get in, get out' team rather than having them be combat focused - or have additional members who exist solely to be fodder earlier in the film, providing motivation for the other members for revenge. Effectively think of the Fast & Furious co-ordinated car chases but as a team of villains trying to ambush and then fleeing, until the final battle where they acquire something enabling them to combine.

• Like Like x 1
  15. IGEBM

IGEBM A Loremaster

I'd say Monstructor Six, but they're more the henchman-type (if Bludgeon or Thunderwing was a main antagonist, I could see them being his elite guard). Seacons are the most badass of the combiners teams imo, so I'd love to see them. Combaticons would be second most-wanted after them, followed by the Preds.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

I don't want a combiner team as the main antagonists.

With that said, I would say The Beast simply for the LoLs.

• Like Like x 1
  17. TAKTIC00L

TAKTIC00L ⚠ This User is being monitored by the CIA

combaticons
    idk what they are but they sound cool

18. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Excessively Angry Decepticon

If the Maximals are involved, it'd be cool to see a cross between G1 and BW Predacons. If not, the Combaticons, simply because they exemplify the idea of Decepticons all being military vehicles, something which the movies abandoned after 2007, which really should see a return.

TBF, ROTB actually managed to keep all of it's villains alive until the final battle, for the first time since 2007. So they can do it, when they want to.

• Like Like x 1
  19. JD The Last Autobot

JD The Last Autobot More Than Meet The Eyes

That character is a big disappointment, that's why I'm still waiting for a sequel to TLk with Dinobots and Dragonstorm in action and his designs were great, dreams that will never happen

20. Agent 53

Indeed, alternatively if you didnt want Decepticons to be killed ahead of the final battle, you could add additional members to the team, within the franchise as a whole there are pleanty of characters who could fit into the 'theme' of respective teams, so adding some canon fodder would addord this option.

• Like Like x 1