"If ______________ directed the next movie, then _______________"

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by PRIMEMAN3457, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Agreed.

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

you guys really want to watch five hours of sex jokes, and humping dogs? :lol 

Nelson Shin... k? thanks. worked before!

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I'm genuinely confused by this statement. Fuck up? How so?

4. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    No, a five hour Peter Jackson Transformers movie. Not five hours of toilet humor.

5. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

Thank you! I thought I would be the only one suggesting some of the Pixar guys. :thumb  Most of them have knocked their films out of the park, so I'd kill to see what they could do with Transformers. I would personally love to see Lee Unkrich and Michael Arndt pair up again and work on TFs.

6. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    What would happen if Joss Whedon directed a Transformers movie?

7. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    Actually, it was said that part of the reason Bay took Transformers was because The Island didn't gross nearly what it was expected to, and his rep was fading. Also, M. Night keeps on getting work despite the commercial and critical failures of his previous work.

The thing is, I don't think necessarily that the next director would have to be a big name. Some of the biggest successes in Hollywood have come from giving a director their first shot on a big budget movie. While the director might've had acclaimed films, they were lower budget pictures and the scale was greatly increased for them.

Sam Raimi with Spiderman.

Bryan Singer with X-Men.

Christopher Nolan with Batman Begins.

Matthew Vaughn with X-Men First Class(and he'd been linked to X3, at which point he'd only done Layer Cake).

Gore Verbinski with Pirates of the Caribbean(and Rob Marshall with Stranger Tides... regardless of your opinion, it's grossed a billion worldwide).

I'd love for the studio to find a director who has a great eye, a decent track record and a passion for the material. A lot of the directors named so far have been good choices, but I think the perfect choice could be lurking in art house theaters, waiting to be found. (And on a side note, I'm cautiously optimistic Jon Chu is going to fit into this mold with Joe 2, as well).

8. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    You know what? I wouldn't be entirely opposed to this!

And I'm guessing it'd actually be funny instead of painful.

9. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, I remember that. Makes you wonder what would have happened if the Island was a hit. Would we have gotten a Transformers movie at all, or would it be stuck in perpetual development hell?

Yech. I have both likes and dislikes for the Bay movies, but I'll always be grateful that they happened. He didn't save the franchise, but it would have been a lot less successful without him, that's for certain.

No idea how he manages to do that. Hopefully Airbender was the final nail in the coffin for him.

You forget one thing though. Those were all untested properties that didn't have billions of profits behind them (ignoring the source material). First Class is really the only exception, and the sole reason that got made was because they didn't want the rights to revert back to Marvel.

But Transformers is a billion dollar movie franchise. The studio heads will want someone of who they know can bring in similar big bucks. And let's be honest, the only way that they will go with a 'small' director, will be if Spielberg pushes hard for it.

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If My Mom directed the next movie, then it will probably suck, but initial ticket sales will help me pay off my student loan.

11. DDOP1980

DDOP1980 New Member

It should be nelson shin, who directed the animated movie

12. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Arcee would become the main character and make lots of snide jokes at Optimus, her stuffy, old fashioned caretaker.

It's just a shame that the adaptation of arguably the greatest family orientated animated series produced in the past decade had to be the sacrificial lamb to make him fuck off. If only they'd finished the planned Unbreakable trilogy......

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    So in other words Prime Arcee in a live action movie.

I'm IN.

14. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Now that I think about it, I'm not worried about the director. I'm more worried about the studio heads and producers trying to control it now that Bay is gone.

15. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ di Bonaventura was opposed to casting Peter Cullen. I'm not sure he gets it even now.

Dutch's part would be greatly expanded, and Nathan Fillion would have a starring role. And my wife would officially be more excited to see the movie than me.

16. RoadBuster88

RoadBuster88 Studio Ghibli

If Spielberg directed the next movie then it would be as awesome and spellbinding as the first Jurassic Park film, if he included the Dinobots, which he blatantly should!

He knows what has been good and bad about the trilogy. He is pretty trusty with old material. Taking JP as the example again, YES he changed the films from the books but he basically switched around scenes from each book and moulded them together into the film. What did he get? One of the best movies of all time.

If it goes to someone else, I'd go for Blomkamp after seeing his Halo film-shorts.

No to Joe Johnston, look at JPIII for that disaster.

17. oscar_gg83

oscar_gg83 Decepticon Scientist

Ebay:
    I agree with some people here, Spielberg should have done it from the beginning. Bay movies are good, of course, but I think Spielberg would put more robot action and less humans making bad jokes.

18. oscar_gg83

oscar_gg83 Decepticon Scientist

Ebay:
    If George Lucas directed the next movie, then he would make a prequel trilogy with a lot of new characters and relationships which would make no sense in the original films. He is good at that.

If James Cameron directed the next movie, then there would be some kind of forbidden romance betwen a male Decepticon and a female Autobot or something like that.

19. SwerveGears

SwerveGears Autonomous Robot

News Credits:
    Nobody wants me as the director? I'd make a great movie!

20. Grand Sword

Grand Sword Well-Known Member

I love the idea of the Pixar guys, when have they ever made anything but pure brilliance, AND box office success! With the TFs being a large component being CGI then these guys would do an amazing job!

I also wouldn't mind suggesting the Warchiowski Bros, Matrix 1 stopped Warner Bros from going out of business...