IDW's Transformers Comes to an End Confirmed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TargetmasterJoe, Mar 27, 2018.

1. TLP

TLP Ain't No Chicken Wing

News Credits:
    Again, instead of starting a new continuity altogether, I would focus on one that's "incomplete". The TF:Animated continuity is still ripe for storytelling.

Or if they wanted to do a series about the different colonies mentioned in the Aligned book "Covenant of Primus", I'd be all for that. I still want to know more about the Mutacons.
    Better yet, a mini-series set between Prime and RiD involving Airachnid; tying up that loose end.

An official ending to the G1 cartoon wouldn't hurt as well.

• Like Like x 1
  2. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Me too. Actually, it might even be my favorite run of any comic.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Florgeysteve

Florgeysteve Well-Known Member

What if we follow what’s going on in the functionalist universe with the Autobot Megatron. I know it’s a long shot I’m thinking but I’d like to see it.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait when was Autobot Megatron a Hasbro idea?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Heliblade

Heliblade Autobot Vigilante of Kaon

It was a good run, but all things must come to an end. Make it count.

• Like Like x 2
  6. MistaTee

MistaTee Dynobot

Ebay:
    Without reading through the whole thread, I wonder if Rom dies and his comic ends as well?

7. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    Is IDW loosing the license?

8. Fanatic97

Fanatic97 Fanatic97

Ya'know I just realized.

We can actually blame this on the Visionaries since their baddie was the one who activated the Talisman that woke up Unicron.

So...yeah this is all the Visionaries fault

• Like Like x 5
  9. Heliblade

Heliblade Autobot Vigilante of Kaon

Visionaries ended IDW Transformers lol.

• Like Like x 3
  10. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    =)

No one knows for certain. What we do know for certain is that IDW will be publishing some Transformers comics post-reboot.

Does this mean we can indirectly blame the author as well? ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  11. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    Yeah if IDW isn’t loosing the license I am not expecting much. How many times have Marvel and DC “rebooted” their universes. Rhetorical question, no one cares.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I think it would be pretty funny if the rebooted universe is a new series of Beast Wars comics, in the SAME continuity as the current books, but ~800 years later AND after a Transwarp to prehistoric Earth, oh, let’s say 200 years or so before Shockwave seeded Earth with Ore 13.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't think there are any planned ROM books past & the Micronauts #5 in April (based on solicitations so far), other than his appearance in Unicron so his book will probably get some conclusion there.

14. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    Since we're all just hypothesizing what comes next here's a thought:

Maybe we'll see a balance of Hasbro mandated product to appear in the comics with the freedom to tell stories with those characters. It would be a balance of what the old G1 Marvel comics and the more recent IDW comics are. That is, Hasbro gives them a premise (War for Cybertron and its 2 sequels), a list of characters to use (art must generally reflect the product) but allows IDW to flesh out the characters any way they like. The comic series would have a definite start, middle and end to coincide with the line of toys. This might allow for some decent storytelling while avoiding the unnecessary tangled plot threads that 10+ years of comics can produce. Perhaps IDW could return to the spotlights or limited series to tie into the main continuity (a la LSOTW). You might see additional unique characters but they would end up being very secondary if there is no product to sell. I think this kind of approach tying the comics closer to the product with well told stories could benefit both the product and the comics.

As it was, Combiner Wars and Titans Return had very little to do with the product being sold and for me, not very compelling. Imagine a Combiner Wars story where you saw all the combiners and perhaps they even form their own faction.

• Like Like x 2
  15. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    If there has to be cross continuity contamination, I’d like Cybertronian Ghosthunters or a D&D inspired comic featuring some Circle of Light like bots and cons amidst Maximals, Predacons, and all manner of space operatic, science fantasy creatures, especially lots of big ol’ space dragons :p 

But, of course, that only works for so many franchises, and probably wouldn’t work for Hasbro as much :oops: 

Still, I really like the idea of Autobots and Decepticons having some sectarian conflict initially and eventually being forced to work together to survive in a universe highly hostile to their kind.

Hell, it could be a War for Cybertron against some invasive, colonizing force like the Quintessons or the Vok, to circle back to Beast Wars.

And, of course, that doesn’t mean that the two factions really get along, but that they have to manage some cooperation to survive in a universe that would, for the most part, rather see every spark snuffed out then ever contend with making peace with Cybertron.

Finally, if the reboot’s even remotely like the High Moon Studios’ Games or War Within, then the crisis may be adverted for a bit.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Maglite

Maglite Porkchop sandwiches!

Yeah, I still rate it among the best runs I've read. I've tried to tell my friends that are into comics that they're not just great Transformers comics, they're great comics period. At best, they humor me while secretly questioning if I have any cred when it comes to comics. The most involved conversation I had was with a dude that was reading some G.I. Joe, TMNT, and a little of TF. He said he tried to get into MTMTE but found it challenging because there's just so many characters to keep track of, and a lot of them he had no idea who they were.

It is kind of staggering when I think about how much I and a lot of people on these boards know by heart when it comes to this franchise and its lore and characters.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yay :3

Although the reboot could be even worse.

19. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

Is there any chance we can blame Costa?

20. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    My wife follows the IDW comics much more closely than me, and she's totally bummed that it's all going to end so soon when there are so many stories to tell in this universe.

• Like Like x 3