Idw2 is improving

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Mega scream, Nov 11, 2019.

?

Do you think so?

1. Yes

43 vote(s)
    64.2%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    23.9%
  3. It's still the same

8 vote(s)
    11.9%
  1. Child0fTheMind

Child0fTheMind Well-Known Member

I really don't understand why the reboot was necessary... The old continuity had millions of years of untold history... Even though we knew how the war began they easily could've had a comic series that followed a new fresh character around during it's earliest years, learning and discovering new facets of the past. How about a series during the reign of Nova before he went mad? Why throw away all the developed characters like the Wreckers or the DJD for a new continuity that feels like, with a small tweak, it could've fit right into the old?

Maybe it's me but I'm kinda tired of all the alternate continuities... Every time I fall in love with one they throw it away.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

It's certainly improving. One problem I have is that it doesn't really feel like a Transformers story yet. Perhaps this is due to the disconnect with the previous continuity and the fact that a lot of the same characters have been brought straight back, but in moodier incarnations. I liked this version of Bumblebee at first, but now he - like most of the other characters - seems to be functioning purely to further bits of the plot.

It's like they listened to the criticism that Roberts was too wacky and turned the dial way too far the other way. There's not a single character in the series who steals their scenes, or whose arrival means that something is going to kick off. They're just a bunch of police and political types, against a terrorist group secretly aligned with a political faction. I thought the scene with Soundwave realising 'what must be done' in the last issue was quite well handled, for instance, but it could have been out of just about any political thriller.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Crazy how subjective this kind of thing can be. Personally I didn't like it much at first but I enjoy it very much now. About issue 5 -- when they hit us with the first real surprise -- I saw what they were doing and started to buy in, and everything since then has pretty much paid it off

• Like Like x 1
  4. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

I think so, the main series is just starting to get interesting and Galaxies is the best stuff they've done for a while now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stormragetron

Stormragetron Well-Known Member

I think the last two issues ( 13 and 14 if I remember rightly) were an improvement. There was a bit more going on, but I wouldn't call them good.
    That said, I found the old idw comics boring too. I mainly buy the comics for the artwork and to learn about characters I know less about. Art wise I think galaxys is great.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    It’s the same like last year

7. Terrorpin

Terrorpin Well-Known Member

I'll admit still having not read a full issue since #2. However, I did pick up Galaxies at my LCS and find it interesting. I'm continually reminded of a scene from Avengers where Tony tells Bruce that he needs to learn to strut. It's like they're WAITING for the war to break out before they bring in the feels. At least I hope that's the plan. And that it doesn't take too long. Make us care about the world you're about to set ablaze!

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Well-Known Member

8C9CEB85-CCDB-4A7C-AE3D-EBC0ED92AE24.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  9. FelixORST

FelixORST Well-Known Member

Incredibly boring. Useless info on things we won't see again & the build-up is far too slow. Boring characters too. TF writers have lost their touch, but this has been known for many years. Disregard this comic.

10. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    You should put boring at least three more times in your post. Bonus points if you sing it like that trainwreck Moriarty from Sherlock.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

It is improving and I'm almost sure that I might live long enough to see the main series becoming really interesting.

• Like Like x 3
  12. AntiEterniaHEMAN

AntiEterniaHEMAN Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    Credit where it's due, Galaxies has actually been great so far, even with Livio on art. Main title still has a ways to go, though.

14. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    2FA8A5C2-A507-4C2B-A448-451C5AF82761.jpeg

15. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Well-Known Member

Must be like Europe with the Black Plague. Yeah, it killed millions, but you get used to it!

16. rikkomba

rikkomba Retired Minicon Guru

I lost hope with the main series when they interrupted the main narrative for a cop chase, with a sentient mine.
    I used to rush to the forum to open the discussion thread for new IDW issues. Today it's a miracle if I remember that new TF comics are coming out.
    I think IDW Transformers/2 is shit, and its writer needs to go. Clearly good intentions, but too much damage has been done. TF Galaxies is good enough, and they could salvage its content by ignoring/retconning anything else that happened in the aborted TF/2.

I had big hopes.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus Well-Known Member

I feel like we either need to expand on other concepts that haven't gotten much attention or step away from G1 in the comics. I'm getting pretty bored of the regular old G1 designs showing up everywhere. I liked Bumblebee because it had good G1 character designs, but that's because it was a movie, for the general public, and one thing that has always bothered me about the Bay movies is the poor representation of the franchise. As in, I'm tired of having to explain to my friends and family that, no, Ratchet is not neon green, and Optimus Prime would actually not enjoy executing prisoners. But if you're reading the comics, you're likely familiar with most of these characters already, and it is probably getting a little dull.

• Like Like x 2
  18. K2flygurl

K2flygurl Banned

IDW2 doesn’t seem to be improving to me.

19. Mega scream

Mega scream Tyrannical Freedom Fighter

In the poll there's more yes than no but the comments speak otherwise haha

20. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    Where’s the I thought it was good from the beginning option?

• Like Like x 1