IDW Transformers Autocracy Details Coming

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
  2. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Guess I'm not interested until this becomes an actual, physical book.

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I'll be buying MTMTE and RID digitally, so I guess I'll be onboard with this as well. Hope it's good!

4. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i'm interested in this... i get most of my books in print, but if this is cheap (can't imagine it'll be more than a buck for 8 pages) i'm on board...

5. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
  6. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

I collect Transformers comics but I only get physical copies, so I guess I wont buy it. I hope this gets released in printed form down the line, if it does I'll get it then.

7. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    sweet! i recently switched to digital comics when i got a kindle fire....hope this will be available on comixology!

8. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    Plus: I'm so excited to see Flint Dille working on Tf again.

Minus: Livio Ramondelli's artwork is fucking terrible underneath the colouring.

:( 

9. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    So if I can't collect all my Transformers comics as actual physical comics, rendering a 27 year old collection incomplete, why should I bother collecting them at all? Might as well just download them all from now on. Not the smoothest move IDW.

If they want to improve digital foot traffic why not include a code to key, older issues free with toys?

Damn, I hate when the world makes me a Luddite.

10. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    I'm sure it'll be collected somewhere down the line. I don't mind this existing as digital though. I thought I would, but I think it'd be good to promote digital comics which have massively improved. It helps that i'll be buying this for the story alone as the art is going to be horrible.

11. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

So that's Cybertronian-form Optimus in the big red image, but who's that in the other image?

12. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

It's nice to see all this stuff coming out, but they've made it damn near impossible for me to keep up with this stuff. Figures that the technology would outpace me as soon as the story gets good. Since I'm forced to order the stuff I want online, I'm just gonna have to wait for a trade or two.
    So, is that what all this hubub with the new titles is about? Keep them hard to purchase, so you have to switch to digital? If that's the case, I'll be going from keeping up with TF comics religiously, to well....callin it a day....
    just when it was gettin good too, after sittin through and supporting all that crap (basically everything after Don left. Autobots making Energon Soup, thats all I have to say....). OK, 'Road to Chaos' and 'Drift' were pretty good.
    Anyways, I'm irritated that my comic shop seems to have blackballed me. I have no idea what happened after # 28, but ordering online just isn't as fun. Hopefully there will be trades before this gets cancelled or rebooted.

13. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    wasn't energon soup a joke?... can't believe anyone took that seriously...

14. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

I'm not hugely interested in this comic, mainly because I'm not a fan of Livio's art. But I'm dying to know what Flint Dille can come up with all these years later... So I'll probably cave and give it a try.

15. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I love Livio's art on an image-by-image basis, although his storytelling needs work. But I'm always glad to see him have a chance to develop, because I think he could eventually be one of the greats.

As long as this is reasonably priced and still compatible with older iPhones, I'll be all over it. If they are charging 99 cents or less, I am there. Anything more than $1 for 8 pages is gouging, though, imo.

What coloring? His work is digitally painted, not inked and colored. If you like the coloring, you are liking him. Or at least part of him.

What a question. Does buying one comic digitally REALLY invalidate your entire collection?

How about music? Have you never bought music digitally for an mp3 player? Did buying an mp3 make you say, "F it, I'm going to steal all my music from now on, because buying a song digitally just ruined my 28 year CD collection"? Seems extreme.

16. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Annoyed that it's only digital but curious about what Flints up too.

17. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:

not sure i'd consider what Livio does to be digitally painted. Surely there's elements of it but as far as I can tell he still draws the line art and then colors it, just like any other book. The only difference between him and most is that he does both the drawing and the coloring

digitally painted would be like EJ Su's Spotlight Sideswipe. Its done entirely digitally and there's no linework showing.

18. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    *shrug* It is.

I'll have to check out Drift Spotlight, though. I never bothered with half the Spotlights, and I missed that one.

19. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    just as digitally painted as my stuff anyways :p 

either way, spotlight sideswipe is fantastic as far as painted art goes ;) 

20. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I would imagine once they have done a few they would publish a trade, or if it does not catch on then it might get tacked onto another trade to bulk it out.

But then The Star Wars E-books have not all got printed yet - which is vexing as it often leave big ol' gaps in the stories but if these comics are all 'Gaiden' then I guess it does not really matter.