IDW Transformers artist Alex Milne interview

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Michael Mercy, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Michael Mercy

Michael Mercy Nerdmasté!

Hey folks! I had a chance to chat with Alex Milne this past weekend at the Ontario Collector's Con. You can watch the interview at:

• Like Like x 2
  2. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

Weird interview, but good to hear he's working on something. The way he talked about The Lost Light was very disheartening as to his eventual return, but I suppose that's $3.99 saved a month if so as I've already stopped picking it up as of #2.

3. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

Yep. Again. Whether or not it was announced that he and Lawrence are "trading arcs" Milne has not been commissioned for any upcoming work on lost light. First arc is six issues so maybe it's coming. But... It's... Yeah.

• Like Like x 1
  4. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

I wish there was a way to get IDW to say something about this, I remember hearing there was some sort of editorial change last year and I am not liking the direction they're headed. Milne's art was part of what brought me back into the franchise and collecting, if he's out I probably will be too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jeriboy54

Jeriboy54 Well-Known Member

Great, as much as I enjoying the story. I'll probably drop it unless milne is coming back.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Michael Mercy

Michael Mercy Nerdmasté!

You're weird. :p 

7. Bumblemus Prime

Bumblemus Prime Cracked in the head

I love that Alex is a total geek for the designs. Must be a secret delight to see the third party toys that are insanely faithful to his drawings. We won't tell Hasbro, Alex.

Disheartening that there's still no news on interiors in Lost Light, esp as I don't like Optimus Prime nearly as much, but am excited to see his work on that title!

Amused that they put up the wrong RiD... wrong, but they weren't actually wrong, as the franchised RiD ran at the same time as MTMTE.

It's OBVIOUS how you get MLP into TFs. Same deal as Equestria Girls--Twilight gets 'ported into an alternate reality, only here she's a pony-into-Transformer instead of a pony-into-human.

(Pauses and hopes that Alex is secretly drawing the MLP cast as Nautica-style bots.)

(Pauses and hopes that a company will make those toys.)

STILL no one's asking if he will draw a memoir about working for Dreamwave. I would read the heck out of that!

• Like Like x 1