IDW "Torchbearers" aka Victorion femmes

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Onslaught24, Jul 29, 2015.

1. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax You know what happens to Messiahs, don't you?

News Credits:
    You mean like every single other company out there?

Here's the thing though. You don't have to buy it. Pretty simple, eh?

Also, Hasbro put out a vote for the fans. The fans voted. We had several options on-hand, including name, which vehicles would be used, color scheme, etc.

This is the vote that won. What amazes me is that we've known these would be repaints/slight remolds for months now, and people still see it as a "cash grab."

Well duh. Hasbro is in the business to make money. If they don't get it from you, they'll get it from something else. And... surprise surprise, when there's something I don't care for, and I pass on it, then Hasbro might get your money instead of mine.

You're not going to be interested in every single thing Hasbro puts out. Quit acting like some victim here.

2. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    If these get added to TF Wiki, they better have the "Stronger Than You" lyrics for each of the top image captions.

3. Roadgrabber

Roadgrabber Pretender vehicle

A lot of people are still going to buy this and tell hasbro that it's okay to continue their cheap ways. Why can't I simply voice an opinion? Why do you defend hasbro to death?

4. Roadgrabber

Thanks man

5. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    You don't know what "a lot of people" are going to do.

And your opinion is all well and good, but the problem is this was known about for months. Nearly a year now, actually. The fan poll, what options we had, etc.

I'm not defending anything or anyone. Did I say I would be buying this? Am I blindly buying up everything Hasbro puts out? No, on both counts. I'm merely stating that your "surprise" is confounding based on what we knew in regards to this. It was known this was going to be a repaint/remolded set, long before it was introduced.

And it shouldn't concern you what other people buy. I certainly don't feel like you buying something I don't care for tells Hasbro it's okay to "continue their cheap ways" when in actuality, Hasbro's "cheap" because they're in the business to make money.

Vote with your wallet. Let others vote with their own.

6. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Laugh with me!

News Credits:
    The only issue I take with "This is a cash grab" is there are honestly people who are saying "Female figures are only a cash grab" while simultaneously arguing "Female figures don't sell!"

Which is a level of cognitive dissonance so large Unicron would have issues traversing it.

7. Roadgrabber

I'm not surprised about this. I'm gonna be honest I joined this sight a few days ago so this is the first I've gotten to talk about this. I just see it as a way for hasbro to cash in on some female figures. In my eyes I see this action as hasbro not understanding what we want. We like our female characters because they're interesting not because they're female, at least not strictly because they're female. But that's just how I see things. I never meant to get hostile with you my friend

8. Roadgrabber

Female transformers (in the generations line at least) do sell. And it's a cash grab because these are all repaints and characters with no connection to fans but the big draw is that they're female. The fact that they're female is only stand out thing about this set.

9. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I am not too fond of just two colors. I do like the designs. Looking at the helicopters with their reversed designs I wonder if they will be twins?

10. Roadgrabber

This set is not for me. I'll leave it at that.

11. Mrmwforce

Mrmwforce Tracks' #1 Fan!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes. Hasbro and IDW creators called them twins in the reveal at SDCC

12. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    But the sex of the figures was also part of the vote...

13. Mrmwforce

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think the intention from the start had ANYTHING to do with the gender of the toy. I think the whole plan was that they had every intention of making another repainted/retooled combiner and decided to do one as a fans choice.
    The gender came with the vote. We picked female.
    Hasbro was very upfront.
    Fans choice combiner using existing molds.....you pick the rest.

No one is obligated to like or dislike the results of the fan vote. Hopefully those with the loudest complaints voted (then they would be justified in their dissatisfaction with some of the results).

At the end of the day Hasbro is milking the combines for every cent they can get out of they molds. They had every intention to use these molds over and over and over. Look at G2 Superion and Memasor. Again milking the molds. I suspect that Devastator will get used a few more times too. But my argument still stands. We knew EXACTLY what they were doing from the very beginning of the fan vote.
    Hasbro in no way shape or form, misreprested themselves or their intentions. They wanted to do yet ANOTHER repaint/re mould they just involved us. Gender, color, etc was our choice.

14. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Thank you. I was not as SDCC nor have I had a chance to look over the panels and such.

Twins are rare in TF lore but we do seem to have a few sets now. That's a plus.

15. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Laugh with me!

News Credits:
    And, likely by happy accident: We've got a handy way to remember who is who!

Skyburst is the twin with a bare face.
    Stormclash is the twin with a covered face.

16. Mrmwforce

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah! That's a cool way to remember who's who!

17. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    Yes, nice work T. Quite the mnemonic indeed.

18. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 Ayo Fryman. That uh, that's highly illogical. Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Honestly, I kinda like these designs. Makes them look much more feminine and less like straight-up remolds. C'mon Hasbro. Takara made Roadrage look more feminine and distinguished from Tracks by changing the hips and thighs just a tiiiiiny bit. Why can't you do that with Generations figures? I'm not asking for completely new (while that would be nicer) molds because my expectations are low despite CW's success. But don't slap a head, new paint, and slightly new chest on Hotspot. It's the same issue with the AB figures. Blades needs skis, Vortex needs miniguns, etc. Also, stop with the red head crest/spike things. Pyra Magna looks like Prowl stole Hot Spot's body and got covered in mint chocolate chip and red velvet cake ice cream.

Now THAT looks great. Maybe grey the white up just a tiny bit to help make everything seem a little more mute.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2015
  19. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Nice to see them with slightly more unique & feminine designs, but the colors and the color distribution still blow chunks.

20. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Apparently we can't have a thread about Vicki without it becoming heated.