IDW TF reboot has 2019 start - ICv2 interview with Greg Goldstein

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Danforth, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Yohan PLMIXMB

Yohan PLMIXMB Not well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haha Good joke

2. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah. I'm not watching with the insults because I'm not insulting anyone on this board, I'm refering strictly to stupidity found in outside social media. But a 15 second search of your past post history shows you were going absolutely nuts hoping for IDW's break soooooo I can see why you'd be interested in people not making fun of a flag that you waved. Sucks to be you, maybe hope they lose the license in 2020 or 2022? Never lose hope!

• Like Like x 2
  3. HMRC4EVR

HMRC4EVR Well-Known Member

I\'ll just say I hope they\'ll eirher go a G2 route, or maybe the Unicron arc will end at the start of a whole new continuity with RiD 1.0 being the new \'G1\' and going from there. 

if I\'m going to tilt at windmills might as well go for the biggest ones.

• Like Like x 2
  4. scrapmetaru

scrapmetaru Well-Known Member

Why, so he can be really shitty about women again?

• Like Like x 1
  5. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The entire above paragraph is one of the most ridiculous statements I’ve ever read in my time on these boards, so I’m going to state the below once and then move on...

Since I’m assuming that you are intelligent enough to be able to properly read my posting history *and* display the reading comprehension necessary to understand that posting history / what it would mean, the only thing you’re convincing me (or this thread) of is that either

A) you’re waaaaay too emotionally attached to this topic to think straight about it
    B) you totally do know what you’re doing and you’re just here to start fights.

Either way, I don’t think this thread is the place to emotionally unburden one’s (your) life troubles.

• Like Like x 4
  6. misfire19d

misfire19d Not a writer. Not an illustrator. Just a fan.

This continuity is ending because it stopped being about Transformers years ago and fans noticed.

Maybe the reboot should be postponed for a year or 2 so people can cleanse their palettes.

I believe Hasbro made a poor decision if they really are sticking with IDW.

Maybe IDW made the brand so toxic that nobody else wanted it.

• Like Like x 8
  7. Boatformer

Boatformer #HaulOfFame

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Ewing would be a great choice; I've loved his work at Marvel and on Titan's Doctor Who. Ellis is probably too much of a big name to hope for, given that he was unable to get the miniseries Karnak out on time. Flynn could be pretty good, but a lot of his best work has been retellings of preexisting stories. North is... no. Sorry, but he's got "writer-voice syndrome" even more than James Roberts.

Saladin Ahmed is a great writer, so it might be nice to see his take, but I dunno that he'd be into it. Kieron Gillen likes Transformers - I wonder if he'd be interested? Delilah Dawson, who's written some pretty good Star Wars stuff, said on Twitter that she wants to write Transformers comics; I'd be down for that.

I don't really need to see any previous authors returning - and I don't think THEY need it. Roberts has a mystery day job; Barber is EIC at IDW now; Scott writes for TV. Nick Roche deserves to move onto bigger and better things, at Marvel/DC/Image.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Boatformer

Boatformer #HaulOfFame

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Barber indicated on the Action & Adventure podcast that he's going to be taking a bit of a break from "having two full-time jobs" and focusing on his editorial position.

9. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I stopped buying comic books a long time ago. First, it was because of cost - five comics buys a deluxe Transformer....I know which I'd rather spend it on. Then, IDW pretty much flushed any desire to return with its stories (those pack-in comics with the toys were awful) and weird Transformers romancing that really doesn't belong, IMO.

Yeah, Transformers comics are dead to me at this point. C'mon, Hasbro. Make me want to purchase 10 pages of ink for $3 a pop. I dare you.

• Like Like x 5
  10. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Burden of proof is on the people alleging some big conspiracy. So yes, it is appropriate to call people on unsubstantiated bullshit. Playing the center basically means you give a pass to those types.

• Like Like x 5
  11. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    I think the interesting (if not particularly germane to a Transformers message board) thing is not "Oh, will IDW lose the Hasbro license" (to which the answer is obviously "no" for now so let's move on) but rather the idea that they license stuff from Disney and now from Marvel; both of these things completely baffle me. Disney can like make all of the Disney books they want via Marvel, and more particularly, all of the MARVEL books they want via Marvel. I see no point in licensing Marvel characters to IDW to do kids' books when Marvel could do it themselves. Baffling.

• Like Like x 1
  12. madpanda

madpanda Well-Known Member

IDW's last great run was with Mike Costa.
    Lost Light and More then meets the eye is where I dropped TF comics.
    Been picking up Optimus Prime sheerly for Kei Zama, and Unicron hoping to see some massive deaths, but even Unicorn's story line is garbage.
    IDW just needs to do the smart thing, and bring on the Dreamwave team to continue their run that was canceled when Dreamwave went defunct.

13. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Like Like x 16
  14. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is definitely a unique take on things. =)

Do love me some Kei Zama though!

• Like Like x 1
  15. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    Not that I'm aware of. As far as I know, I came up with it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dark Starscream

Dark Starscream With Headmaster Cobra Commander

Nothing about Roberts was "predictable."

• Like Like x 2
  17. Mudslide

Mudslide Eyes rolled so hard they fell out of my head.

Yes, we will have to watch our sodium intake.

• Like Like x 1
  18. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Not really. Marvel could create and publish all of the stuff like coloring books, too, but they license those out, too. Print time and resources are limited. In this case, though, Marvel is able to get more books with their characters published with little investment on their part, and they already have had a strong working relationship with IDW for a long time now.

19. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

"Greg Goldstein mentions when asked about “what’s coming up that you’re excited about for the rest of the year or early next year”, he responds in part with “Our Transformers reboot for 2019 is going to be great.” "

I always hate statements like this, of course, he'll say it's going to be great, does he have any genuine information yet?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Majestic Senzu

Majestic Senzu Professional Chain Yanker TFW2005 Supporter

It's really just a problem with modern comics. They are trying to compete with Netflix and TV and...well, they are fighting a losing battle. Older comics are great because they jam pack so much content for the equivalent of a $1 (talking about Silver Age comics; the Transformers comics of old were mostly the same). Plus, they were trailblazing. New ideas, characters, concepts. The decompressed, highly cinematic style comic for $3 or $4 with recycled plots and ideas is insane. And it's not even $3 or $4 for a complete story; sometimes a story goes on for 6 or 7 issues. It's not always the case, but it's the norm.

• Like Like x 4