IDW TF crossover with GIJoe, Star Trek and Ghostbusters???

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lumpy, Jul 26, 2010.

1. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Geez I wonder why?

[​IMG]
    Displayed at World Events Productions lobby.

2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Well just as long as they aren't like the cross over toy lines. Something like the Kirk mech would just be weird.

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    WTF?........That is all.

4. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hmm, well perhaps Cobra comes across some debris from Unicron, and tries to use the remaining power of the Chaos God to create and army of Ghost Soldiers. However during the salvage operation they discover that the Borg has also salvaged part of Unicron and attempted to assimilate it. Thus giving Unicron control of both the ghost army and the Borg Collective.

Then they call the Ghost Busters as their technology is the only effective way of removing the essence of Unicron from the possessed Borg and New Cobra Army.

How does that sound? I think we might as well throw in Ash from Army of Darkness at this point, but that is just my two cents.

5. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

Transformers already has its hand in the Star Wars universe. And now, a crossover with Star Trek? We are now one degree of Kevin Bacon away from a Star Wars/Star Trek crossover, which would no doubt cause a singularity and wipe out all existence as we know it.

I'm with others who think that this may be too much at once. And I just don't see how Transformers and Ghostbusters would ever intersect. They're probably my two favorite properties, but together?

Now...throw in He-Man, and I'm there, popcorn ready, buying every issue.

6. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

double post

7. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Considering Voltron is one of those 80s franchises that hasn't done anything in a while, and that it's live action movie (announced right after Transformers opened to huge success) is mired in legal problems, yeah, I think WEP there is feeling a little insecure if they felt the need to attack Transformers in their own corporate headquaters.

8. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    or power rangers!! if you are going to do it, might has well go all out.

though vehicle voltron would be interesting has 15 individual transforming piloted vehicles combining, fighting along side TF ecto-1, and transforming GI joe vehicles.

Or all of the various vehicles being transformers spread through time interacting with the individual stories has a bunch of short stories. but i agree with several of the above, Dr Who is a must if this happens. a transforming Tardis would be has fun has the signal light from cybertron

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    If only it meant a new Real Gear Robots line. I want a transforming PKE meter/ghost trap, Tricorder/phaser/communicator badge, Sonic Screwdriver/bow tie/fez and - er - whatever crap handheld widget GI Joe has.

10. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not like this the first time the transformers teamed-up with the ghostbusters. The autobots spent two issues of the uk comic saving the real ghostbusters from a undead starscream!

This crossover needs death's head! Shame marvel would never be a part of it.

11. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    that would be the shit...

12. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

After Starscream's ghost is captured and stuck in the containment unit, the Autobots and G.I. Joe are sent in to protect Ghostbusters HQ from a joint attack by Cobra and the Decepticons attempting to free him. The whole shebang culminates with the rupturing of the containment unit and a three-way battle between Omega Supreme, Devastator, and the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. :p 

13. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Ancient and knackered

Sounds absolutely bonkers...sign me up. :D 

And I echo the calls for the Doctor and Death's Head to join in the mentalism! :thumb