IDW SOLICITATIONS: November 2020

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lucas35, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Al221

Al221 #1 Blackout stan

Isn't that kind of a good reason for her not to get a new CHUG toy? If she has three potential options for someone's CHUG display, why rush to make a new one right now?
    It's not like she hasn't had any new toys recently what with Cyberverse going on and let's be honest, as much as Hasbro will disagree, Windblade doesn't have the appeal to casual fans that Optimus, Bumblebee, or even Arcee has.
    She isn't bankable enough to get a brand new CHUG toy every year alongside other new toys of her that are being made from other media that is running concurrent to the mainline.
    It's not like she won't get a new toy anyhow, it's as you said, Hasbro has been pushing for Windblade to be a mainstay character ever since her creation. We will get a WFC trilogy styled Windblade eventually, it's just a matter of when.
    I wouldn't say he was being that rude, a bit tactless or patronising maybe, but nothing to get upset about.

So what was this thread about again? The new IDW releases this month? The ongoing continuity looks as mediocre as ever, but the MLP crossover looks fun and goofy, it's not my thing though.
    TF84 looks pretty cool, but I'm still working my way though the Marvel US comics at the moment. Hopefully I will be finished by the time the miniseries is collected into the paperback.
    I had to use Comixology for the Marvel comics as the physical volumes are a bit tricky to get a hold of, but my tablet is kind of small and I've always prefered reading comics in a physical format.

2. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    While I don't mind having some characters not look exactly like their original counterpart for one reason or another, in my honest, humble opinion FUCK that Huffer design.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

The main reason I don't like it is that they're trying to make the Huffer toy that is a recolor of Prime's EARTH mode work as a sperate design, and it just doesn't work. Like I get that IDW Higherups want their ongoing to be based off Generations toys for consistency, but come on, let the artists come up with new designs every once and a while.

4. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    they do sometimes but other times you see a character with the design of a toy you have it gets ya to take it off the shelf and play with it. I very much don’t like Siege impactor. I don’t have any reason to nitpick it I’m just not a fan. Him showing up in the Netflix show got me to take it off the shelf and play with him for a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Αἰών

News Credits:
    Admittedly I didn't exactly look at the preview because I have no interest in it, but I wanted to see what was done to Huffer... and they just designed him based on that lazy retool.

God the art in this comic is atrocious.

6. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I’d rather be able to physically have the character from the comic, rather than have a toy that vaguely resembles the character in the comics. You dont like that, take it up with Hasbro. The only time it’s okay to look different is when a character who only has a earth vehicle mode requires a Cybertronian mode in the comic.

7. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

Wow, wrecking the main source of energon for Cybertron is totally gonna bite eveyone in the ass.  Nice going Megatron, can\'t wait to see you blame Prime when the planet is running out of energy.

• Like Like x 1
  8. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    I like how they recoloured the deluxe Insecticons into the original Insecticon colours.

9. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

Really the main thing I'm not excited about the new issue is that it's a setup issue for the Escape mini-series right when War World is starting up, which I'm much more excited for.
    So now I have to wait till after this issue for it to start, which is a shame.
    [​IMG]

10. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  11. Bahamut Prime

Bahamut Prime Even Kaiba supports 'em!

Awwww... look at the Kickback with the adorable Happy Eyes on the last panel of the last page! :D 

12. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

The fact that this isn't bounty hunters coming after them for messing around with the timestream a missed opportunity. We could have had Doc Brown vs Lockdown.

13. just a transformers fan

just a transformers fan just a fan nothing to see here

has nobody noticed that over a month ago tfw shown us the concept aart for it and thought it was a mini series of comics but it was actualy a cover 

14. johndoe4880

johndoe4880 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers / Back to the Future #4 Comic [Cover A] (Available January 27, 2021!)

[​IMG]

Description
    Outmatched by the Decepticons, running on empty, and on the ropes, Marty McFly and the Autobot Gigawatt show why nobody calls them chicken! Will the final confrontation be in Marty's future, or will he and his companions make it back to fix the timestream before the Decepticons win? Find out in the heaviest issue of the whole series!

source Transformers / Back to the Future #4 Comic [Cover A]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Αἰών

News Credits:
    Maybe cuz Windblade sucks.

:cool: 

• Like Like x 3
  16. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    To sum it up in case no one said it before. WFC is basically "Masterpiece at retail price" with the Studio Series 86 being an extension to fill the gaps the trilogy can't. Windblade hasnt been forgotten but as both these lines are more intent on the adult collectors/fans she had to be left out for the rest of the G1 cast. While the G1 crew has had many new toys (some more than others) WFC is the first time its meant to be accurate to the cartoon and not a reimagining. Will Windblade get a figure of her own? No doubt. I'm betting it will be a Pulse exclusive if not included in the line after WFC/SS86.

• Like Like x 1
  17. pilotmaster70

pilotmaster70 Space Nerd

yeah well, that's just... like your opinion man

• Like Like x 6
  18. Rojixus

Rojixus WE. ARE NOT. THE DECEPTICONS!!

It's my opinion too!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mechabreaker

Mechabreaker Dead horse beater

I thought the first issue was pretty good, I look forward to reading more, and I can't wait until my Gigawatt figure ships, so that I can have him in hand!

• Like Like x 1
  20. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1