IDW Solicitations: March 2021

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lucas35, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only correct answer.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I see they are throwing in cameos from everywhere, in the vain hope it makes people stick around to read this. That femmecon from later IDW, Swift, Battlechargers, Strika, Howlback, Sparkstalker, and... I am pretty sure the purple-pink repaint of that Armada F111 jet Minicon was in the japanese minicon manga thing that was like some soap opera. I keep forgetting what that was called.
    So how was Ratbat a senator here? Wasn\'t there a funcionist government, and he seems to have always been a tiny bat here?

Quick, we need to add BW Snarl/Tasmania Kid to the cast, so they can hover around him and give him wise advise on how to platform-jump, as well as to serve as surfboards! :p 

3. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was IDW2005. The new continuity doesn't have Functionism.

4. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    My god i still cant get past that shit art on Beast Wars

5. Olivus Prime

Olivus Prime Space Ranger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Then why not come up with a new mystery/antagonist? The Vok filled a purpose in the cartoon, they motivated the characters in interesting ways and kept the setting engaging. It seems redundant to just have them show up again for the same purpose, only with more exposition.

6. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    I am a bit surprised at how they're diving right into the Vok and their motives this early.

7. avengerboy123

avengerboy123 Well-Known Member

There he goes again. I bet Cliff is all torn up about dying again.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ThunderDestron

ThunderDestron Vast predatory bird

I only laughed at that joke HALFway

• Like Like x 1
  9. avengerboy123

avengerboy123 Well-Known Member

Really? It cracked me up!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

Beast Wars doesn't need the Mystery Box bullshit, it never did.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    did they though? The Vok were never explained in the show and their origins are foggy due to that. There’s the idea of them being the swarm but muggy and there’s another origin but neither were touched on in the actual show there’s plenty to go from.

the Vok is as pivotal to the beast wars lore as say anything can be. Don’t need to replace them with something else when they can fill the role and maybe even done better

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  12. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    Transformers #28 is a February book not March, its late. Also its not comin out tomorrow its been pushed back to March 31st

13. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    Except it did have mysteries. The aliens behind the planet was a musty for three seasons and even then they weren’t explained in the show. The endings of the war, Tarantulus’s and the triptedacus councils origins(again not in the show but in later media but not in the show), season two had the mystery of the golden disk and what was on it. An entire year and half went on about why happened to airrazor and tigatron.

so yes, it did have mysteries

14. Rojixus

Typical IDW :rolleyes: 

I didn't say it didn't have them, I said Beast Wars didn't need them.

15. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    but they did because they were the building blocks of the series. The premier even asks the question “who built these structures?” It’s literally in the first episodes when they seen the standing stones on the way back to their base. The series started with mysteries

16. Rojixus

No they weren't, the Vok nonsense was a side-plot at best that was only occasionally visited and ended up going absolutely nowhere.

17. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    wrong. The Vok and their mystery was something that impacted a lot of the show. You need to remember that their machinations and mystery caused long term events in the show. The big one is Dinobot. Due to their messing with the natural events of earth it lead to Dinobot believing Megatron failed in bringing them to earth which lead Dinobot to defect from the predacons and join the maximals. Then in season two when the planet buster was destroyed revealing they are in fact on earth leading Dinobot down a dark path which lead him to believe everything he’s done was a mistake and against his predacon heritage. The Vok and their mysteries lead to some huge events with characters in the show.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Rojixus

I fail to see why the Vok had to be a giant Mystery Box to do what they did, they come off as a Deus ex Machina that existed just to enable plot contrivances. That is just bad writing that Beast Wars would have been better off without.

19. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    you need look what a Deus ex machina is because that’s not even remotely what were or portrayed in the series. Their involvement is very plot driven in the series even if they didn’t appear episodes. primals death and return?Transmetals? Fuzors? The quantum surge that alerted the predacons everyone was alive which lead to ravage appearing and the reveal that Megatron was acting upon one of G1 Megatrons back up plans in case he lost the war and the reveal of the ark? They all stem from involvements with the Vok. They are just as important to beast wars as anyone else in the beast wars lore and have every right to be in the comics instead of just creating something that is their rightful role and place in it

20. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

We\'re talking about the Vok?

Eh, not fond of the Vok.  For highly advanced multidimension aliens or whatever, they sure were dumb.  Idiots didn\'t even understand what Unicron actually is.  I hope he eats them.

Oh, this issue...  Man Megatron just continues to ruin everything with his actions doesn\'t he?  It\'s kinda nice seeing Cybertron going from a flawed, but overall functioning, and decent society to...  Well I can guess what the planet\'s gonna look like in a few cycles, all because Megatron\'s ambitions, and how they seem to as we get more and more into them, be more and more selfish with a veneer of \"But we could be MORE!\".  And we\'ve never really seen this play out in real time as it happens before.

• Like Like x 1